TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

With the one in Mexico announced to have multiple trains, I am positive that this one will. Mexico just beat Busch to the announcement. Since the two coasters have the same time frame, Busch likely was presented with the same multi-station option.

On top of that, if Premier knows they can move these things quickly they might do a mass production run of some sort. I'm sure it is cheaper for them to manufacture 2+ copies of the same ride at the same time than spreading them out. I wouldn't be surprised if another one was announced for this year or next year at another park. Since these are compact and cheep "big coasters", they are ideal for smaller parks. Smaller parks have smaller budgets and thus Premier has to cut costs to be able to provide it at a budget price. The best way to cut cost of anything is to mass produce it. I could see these things ending up everywhere.

keep in mind guys, if less money is spent on the ride, there is more money in the budget for theming! I'm sure Busch will make this thing look incredible. The ride will have more than one station, the capacity will be fine.

Remind me why we believe this won't have dual loading? I get that some aspects of the planning documents have to be accurate, but is it possible that whatever gave us that impression was a "placeholder" image that simply indicated the height or other dimensions, but was not meant as final word on the loading? Or that it's a change they would be allowed to make or announce later on versus now? It seems they were keeping things open to change.

I agree. I doubt that the "little map with boxes on it" is the last word here.

Come to think of it, I'm wouldn't surprised at all if BGW got SUF clone. I was a little skeptical about a park like this getting one, but as someone mentioned, there isn't a ride like this for miles, which I think could help attendance. If the one in Mexico is getting a dual station I don't see why this one won't. Also, I've never been on these rides and I would like to try them out myself, regardless of the mix opinions I've heard. And the location for this ride isn't bothering me as much anymore. I think it would be pretty cool going up Apollo's lift and seeing this ride in action right next to you.

With the one in Mexico announced to have multiple trains, I am positive that this one will. Mexico just beat Busch to the announcement. Since the two coasters have the same time frame, Busch likely was presented with the same multi-station option.

On top of that, if Premier knows they can move these things quickly they might do a mass production run of some sort. I'm sure it is cheaper for them to manufacture 2+ copies of the same ride at the same time than spreading them out. I wouldn't be surprised if another one was announced for this year or next year at another park. Since these are compact and cheep "big coasters", they are ideal for smaller parks. Smaller parks have smaller budgets and thus Premier has to cut costs to be able to provide it at a budget price. The best way to cut cost of anything is to mass produce it. I could see these things ending up everywhere.

keep in mind guys, if less money is spent on the ride, there is more money in the budget for theming! I'm sure Busch will make this thing look incredible. The ride will have more than one station, the capacity will be fine.

It actually depends on the capacity at Intermountain Lift, Inc., as they Fabricate all Columns and Track for Premier Rides.

It will be interesting to see how smooth that transition will be, once the train is going at full speed.

I have never ridden Mr. Freeze but do you feel any "bump" when the train goes over the joint (between transfer track and "normal track")? It still is going a lot slower during that stage, though.

Anyway, I obviously hope Busch go for this option and I'm sure premier will make it work well.

I have never ridden Mr. Freeze but do you feel any "bump" when the train goes over the joint (between transfer track and "normal track")?.

Not at all (Well at least for the one at SFSTL, haven't ridden the one at SFOT)

Edited by Woodie Warrior

I have never ridden Mr. Freeze but do you feel any "bump" when the train goes over the joint (between transfer track and "normal track")?.

Not at all (Well at least for the one at SFSTL, have ridden the one at SFOT)

I've ridden both, and there's no "bump."

For those of you looking for a faster transition over a 'transfer' type of track just think of the ones on Everest at Animal Kingdom. You're going much faster and forwards and backwards over them and they're seamless.

For those of you looking for a faster transition over a 'transfer' type of track just think of the ones on Everest at Animal Kingdom. You're going much faster and forwards and backwards over them and they're seamless.

And if Vekoma can build something described as 'seamless', anybody can.

I agree with the disappointment, because Busch parks are "supposed" to get original, meaningful coaster additions.

As neat as Superman: Ultimate Flight is, it doesn't match up with Busch's catalog of previous coaster installments, and that that makes me, along with many of you guys -- think Sea World is going to cheapen up on future investments. For example, what's next? A brand new Vekoma Boomerang?

I have a feeling however that BGW is not getting a SUF clone. My gut says something new(although very similar), then BGW can keep its "cool" credentials in the coaster community. Hell, maybe it's the first free flow(4D)(?) ride? Whatever video Robert and Elisa and kid rode in Utah recently. I'm not complaining about a new ride - a new coaster is better then no new coaster.--- I think I'd rather see two new flat rides added however ---- I just think with BGW's history, a low capacity Premier launch coaster is a lackluster addition. It seems rather rushed/forced. And when the word get around the area that the line doesn't move, and that the ride is 24 seconds in length, attendance won't see much of an uptick, and rider satisfaction on this attraction will be quite low. Save the 4 million you would have spent on that addition, and put it towards a wicked adult launch coaster like Helix!

On a completely different page............

I haven't been there in 8 years, but how great would it be to hear that they were knocking down Mach Tower, and putting in a Falcons Fury clone? Now there's a clone I think everyone could get behind!

Also..... why does Mach Tower have such a bad reputation? I understand it's apparently always down, and never operating. Why? What is the newer technology that led to the current situation, and such a bad word of mouth? What's the difference in Mach Tower, vs. a ride such as Drop Zone at Kings island?

Thanks, coaster kidS!

I agree with the disappointment, because Busch parks are "supposed" to get original, meaningful coaster additions.

As neat as Superman: Ultimate Flight is, it doesn't match up with Busch's catalog of previous coaster installments, and that that makes me, along with many of you guys -- think Sea World is going to cheapen up on future investments. For example, what's next? A brand new Vekoma Boomerang?

I have a feeling however that BGW is not getting a SUF clone. My gut says something new(although very similar), then BGW can keep its "cool" credentials in the coaster community. Hell, maybe it's the first free flow(4D)(?) ride? Whatever video Robert and Elisa and kid rode in Utah recently. I'm not complaining about a new ride - a new coaster is better then no new coaster.--- I think I'd rather see two new flat rides added however ---- I just think with BGW's history, a low capacity Premier launch coaster is a lackluster addition. It seems rather rushed/forced. And when the word get around the area that the line doesn't move, and that the ride is 24 seconds in length, attendance won't see much of an uptick, and rider satisfaction on this attraction will be quite low. Save the 4 million you would have spent on that addition, and put it towards a wicked adult launch coaster like Helix!

I think with how cheap these coasters are, and how well of a ride they give, it's a good bang for the buck. If you think of it, it's like any flat ride out there. There's always another one like it at another park, yet they still add one, whether that be Canobie, Six Flags, Cedar Point, or BGW. They are also much easier to market than a flat ride, so it's a smart move for almost any park to make.

And if Vekoma can build something described as 'seamless', anybody can.

THIS

Two of the three San Antonio coasters are clones and one of them is a common Batman clone. It's not like the Busch parks haven't built clones in the past. Clones are common for a reason. They're cheap, easy to install, and they provide bang for your buck - even a boomerang or an SLC.

Also..... why does Mach Tower have such a bad reputation? I understand it's apparently always down, and never operating. Why? What is the newer technology that led to the current situation, and such a bad word of mouth? What's the difference in Mach Tower, vs. a ride such as Drop Zone at Kings island?

The ride has tons of moving parts which means it's more prone to shutdowns. Combine that with a spotty track record (including crashing to the ground during testing) and you've got a bad reputation.

When it works, Mach Tower is a decent ride (the rotation as you head up is its best feature). But it isn't as good as Drop Tower at Kings Dominion.

How has no one mentioned the best part of this whole rumor yet? It's supposed to be named Diavolo. How's that for a bad-a$$ name?! (Okay, maybe it's just a project name, but it still bodes well for the theme...)

Well as long as there's a dual station then my opinion changes. I really hope that the story and theme around it work really well. My only other concern is they get rid of Europe in the Air and and replace it with something else.

How has no one mentioned the best part of this whole rumor yet? It's supposed to be named Diavolo. How's that for a bad-a$$ name?!

Actually I do like the name, pretty bad-ass indeed.

^ Winner! And boy, would a coaster like that be welcomed up there!

I dunno, I love Premier launching coasters, and I think this model (though I've yet to ride one) looks pretty awesome myself! Add some Busch theming and I think the park has a potential kick-butt and unique (the only other one in the U.S. is on the other freaking side of the country!) ride on their hands. I haven't seen anything that dismisses the notion of a dual station, so I don't think anything can be ruled out until the park announces something. And if it doesn't have a dual station? It won't change the fact that it's a great ride. Shoot, if the line is that long, then that's what Quick Queue is for!!