TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 457: Pantheon Roller Coaster POV!

All three shows are phenomenal this year. Deck the Halls is about as good as last year. Gloria is phenomenal with it's amazing actors and music score. Miracles is amazing. Probably even better than it was last year. I actually felt it was the best show of this year.

I've never taken the tour myself but I do know there are plenty of perks.

Go to the top of Griffon.

Tour Alpengeist and Loch Ness maintenance bays

Front of line access to the coasters.

I haven't heard if the Verbolten tour is incorporated with the regular coaster tour yet. Assuming it has.

You'll tour Verbolten's building

Get up close to the bridge drop

And access controls

I dont recall the price tag, but I reckon it'll be worth it for all the stuff you get to do.

Thank you to Busch Gardens for another great season. Food and Wine, Howl O Scream, and Christmas Town were fantastic.

Christmas Town rundown.

Park is as beautiful as everthis year. Rode Mach Tower for the first time since last CT and it was beautiful from the top. All three shows are amazing as well.

Gloria.- even better than last year. The singers were incredible. Still dont care for the power point presentation in the foreground.

Deck the Halls - about as good as last year.

Miracles - after last nights show, I'd say its about the same as Gloria. Great music and dancing. Visuals arent as heavy as the othsr two shows but I dig the minimal stage.

Can't wait to return to the park next year.

Edited by netdvn

Was planning on finally hitting up bgw next year and saw that they offer a guided behind the scenes coaster tour and was wondering if anyone on here has taken it before and if so, was it worth the money?

I did it earlier this year - was definitely worth the money, you get a good behind-the-scenes look at Loch Ness Monster, Griffon and Alpengeist, as well as multiple rides on all coasters including Apollo's Chariot. It had rained very heavily the night before our tour so instead of going up Griffon's lift hill the guide gave us a behind-the-scenes look at Verbolten as well, again with multiple rides. And then after the tour you get a front-of-line pass for the coasters as well - I'd definitely recommend this tour!

Cost of tours will increase slightly for 2014. The park has not posted the $ yet. You will still get 10% off with your season pass.

here is the website: (2014 tours and prices will be updated before new season starts-check back periodically).

http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/Book-Online/Extras/BehindTheScenesTours?from=Top_Nav

How does BGE's Christmas Town compare to their Howl O Scream and even the regular park? For me, BGT's Howl O Sceam is light years better than Christmas Town, and I would even put a visit to the park on a regular day higher than visiting during Christmas Town. There are too many rides closed, none of the good animal exhibits are open, and none of the added experiences really make up for it. BGE looks like it puts on a better Christmas event, but how does it compare?

^BGW's Howl-o-Scream isn't on the same level as Tampa's (the latter is an upcharge, the former isn't), even though I do enjoy it. I think it all depends on what you're looking for. The atmosphere at Christmas Town is probably a bit better, but not as many attractions are open; however, they do offer some very good food options (better than what you see at HOS).

As a fan of Haunt events, I personally prefer HOS over Christmas Town. There's much more stuff to do and most of the park is decked out fairly well.

Christmas Town is nice because the park is slower outside of the typical busy days. Sure food options are better, but there isn't much to do outside of the two special attractions and shows. The flats are open during both and HOS has both the haunt mazes and the roller coasters.

Edited by netdvn

The park is a ghost town on slow days. Walk ons for everything. Shows playing to empty houses. Fridays and Sundays are pretty reasonable along with the week before the schools let out for Christmas break. Come Christmas week, the park is slammed outside of Christmas and New Years eve.

The park is a ghost town on slow days. Walk ons for everything. Shows playing to empty houses. Fridays and Sundays are pretty reasonable along with the week before the schools let out for Christmas break. Come Christmas week, the park is slammed outside of Christmas and New Years eve.

Every park is a Ghost Town on Slow Days. Is the park like a Dollywood where people go for shows more than rides?

• 2 weeks later...