TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 455: Opening night of Howl-o-Scream!

^ With two days at each park you should get multiple rides at BG of all the rides. Went in August last year and had no problem getting re-rides the one day we were there. At KD got every coaster minus ricochet in one day. I recommend getting FL+ for volcano that line was painfully slow but is a fun ride.

^This could be because they already have the big Italian restaurant there.

I have no problem with lots of Italian desserts, though.

Edited by cfc

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you don't touch July 4th weekend, crowds should be manaegable for most of the month. July 4th weekend crowds have a habit of getting pretty nasty come fireworks time. I'd recommend going later in the month when the temps start heating up since 90+ degree temps generally keep people away from parks.

Ahoy, all Pirates 4D fans (I guess there's a few of you). According to the park Facebook page, June 16 will be the last day for this old attraction. No word of the replacement to the best of my knowledge.

Ahoy, all Pirates 4D fans (I guess there's a few of you). According to the park Facebook page, June 16 will be the last day for this old attraction. No word of the replacement to the best of my knowledge.

Good riddance! Hopefully the park can replace it with something better, but then again, it's not too hard to be better than Pirates 4D

So apparently Loch Ness Monster had its soft opening 35 years ago today. The park posted a little video tribute to the ride.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Here's to 35 more years of awesome.

CIMG4020.thumb.JPG.13a47408b0cc82329a0b19332c72e111.JPG

Taken Christmas Town 2012

Is that the exact same show in BG Tampa that drenches you in pure mildew? If so, good!

Looking forward to the Food & Wine fest reports, I know it started today. Busch Gardens is REALLY pushing this event, I can't turn on the radio without hearing an add for it. Hope it lives up to the hype!

They made that really nice tribute video for Loch Ness Monster...but didn't include any shots of interlocking trains! Disappointment!

Looking forward to the Food & Wine fest reports, I know it started today. Busch Gardens is REALLY pushing this event, I can't turn on the radio without hearing an add for it. Hope it lives up to the hype!

Just came from the park, and the Food and Wine Fest offerings are quite good. I'll probably post a report later this week.

Was at BGW this past Saturday June 1 for an ACE event. It was extremely hot at the park 90+, so of course the water rides had long lines most of the day. All the coasters were running extremely well, with Griffon & AC running three trains and Verbolten running 5 trains all day. The longest wait was for Verbolten, with a 30 minute wait even at 9:00pm. I think part of the problem was the ops dispatching the trains, as a couple of times two trains were loaded and waiting and three trains were backed up waiting to get into the station.

BGW's Food & Wine Festival

I am sure Chuck will post a detailed review of the Food & Wine Festival with lots of pictures, but here is my take: The Food & Wine Festival I thought overall was very good. Prices for food items ranged from $2 for dessert type items to $7 for a bacon wrapped scallop in Spain. Most of the entrees were $4 or $5, were sample sized portions, and as expected at BGW, the food was very good. Beer ranged from $6.49 - $7.49 for draft beers and $10 for a draft beer flight (4 draft beers of 4oz each) in Germany and Belgium. At the Spain station a 3oz glass of Sangria was $5. Other wines ranged from $7 - $10. BGW also offered a Rhine Wine Cruise, cooking demonstrations, and a VIP Food & Wine Tour ($100) as part of the festival. Season pass holders receive a 10% discount at all stations. I signed up for the cashless wristband which was convenient. You provide cash or a credit card before you start hitting the stations and they scan the wristband. At the end of the night at guest services, you can get a print out of where you used the wristband and the charges. I did not notice any long lines at any of the stations, and even during prime lunch and dinner times the stations were not busy. Don't know if it was because it was the first weekend of the event, the pricing, or the heat (the stations and the tables were all outside), but I and other ACE attendees enjoyed it and hope BGW continues it next year.