TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

^^Try all the modes of transportation (trains and cable cars) as they are relaxing and can save you some wear and tear on your feet.

I'd put DaVinci's Cradle in the can't miss flat category and don't miss Escape fropm Pompeii as it is a signature ride at BGW.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

^I'd head for either Apollo's Chariot or Verbolten first, as it's the newest ride (but even with a full queue the wait is usually 40 minutes or less, thanks to five-train operations). Then you can work your way around to the other major attractions based on the park's staggered opening schedule, which they print on the park maps (be sure to check that first).

I'm planning to update the park guide, too.

The park's opening times are staggered so if you arrive at rope drop, the first ride you'll be able to hit is Loch Ness. Just follow the opening times (Apollo, Verbolten, then work your way around the back of the park or go against the flow of traffic to Griffon/Alpengeist). Unless you're visiting on a Saturday or holiday, lines shouldn't be that big of an issue really.

I tend to let Loch Ness go until later in the day; the line for that ride can be quite "variable" as the day wears on.

^I was there for Passholder Preview Day (which was the day before opening day), and the only rides that weren't running were LeScoot (log flume) and Mach Tower, which was still being tested following a series of upgrades it received during the off season. They hope to start dropping people on Mach Tower this weekend, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Thats good. I have been here 3 times and never have had an issue with rides being open, employes, ect. Its just an all around beautiful park! Heading back down next year!

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday, do you think Quick Queue will be needed on Saturday? I need to save as much time for beer drinking as possible.

Spring break starts here on April 1, but this Saturday might be a bit busy. I think you can "wing it" and buy Quick Queue at the park if you think it's necessary.

Once summer hits, you should always purchase Quick Queue on a Saturday.

I think that if you're definitely planning to have lunch and dinner in the park, it's worth it. Note that the baby back ribs at the Smokehouse aren't part of the deal and require an extra charge, and the $22 version doesn't include dessert.

And the suspense is over . . . congratulations to the winner!

WINNER ANNOUNCED FOR BUSCH GARDENS’ LANDSCAPING GIVEAWAY

Busch Gardens Landscaping Pros Headed to North Carolina

WILLIAMSBURG (March 25, 2013) – Busch Gardens® landscaping experts are hitting the road to bring the awe-inspiring beauty of the park to North Carolina. Busch Gardens announced Tammy Bennett from Washington, N.C., the winner of the first-ever Busch Gardens’ Landscaping Giveaway. Bennett’s prize is a yard landscaping package that includes consultation services from Busch Gardens’ horticultural professionals, landscaping and gardening supplies and landscaping installation.

“I am so excited and cannot wait for them to get started. Busch Gardens has the most beautiful flowers and gardens. Every time we go, I wish my yard would look like that,” said Bennett after learning she won the landscaping giveaway.

Busch Gardens announced the giveaway in early March via its Facebook page - facebook.com/buschgardens. Entries poured in from the Southern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Participants submitted a photo of their home and a story about why they deserved to win the Busch Gardens’ Landscaping Giveaway. After reviewing hundreds of submissions, Busch Gardens narrowed the landscaping giveaway submissions down to 20 finalists. According to Bennett’s submission, she purchased her dream home right after receiving a kidney transplant; her husband was her kidney donor. The Bennett family hoped to fix up their home right after purchasing it, but due to medical and financial hardships they had to put their dream on hold.

“We have been living here 6 1/2 years, this house was in foreclosure and it was a mess. There were trees and bushes growing into the side of our house and into the attic, we had to rip them all down. The lawn had not been mowed in a year, so it was pretty much knee high and mostly weeds. With all the money we spent on the inside of the house, we just never could afford to do the outside or any landscaping projects,” said Bennett.

After announcing the finalists, Busch Gardens invited its Facebook fans to cast their vote for their favorite finalist. Bennett received more than half of the 43,000 votes cast for the giveaway. Later this spring, the Busch Gardens team will visit the Bennett home to install the landscaping.

For 22 consecutive years Busch Gardens has won the “Most Beautiful Park” award from the National Amusement Park Historical Association.

So, I'm going to BGW on Monday (April 1st) and I know that it is the beginning of Spring Break, and I was just wondering how long lines should be and what I should hit first. Any other tips would be appreciated! I haven't been to BGW since '07 and I barely remember a lot from that visit.

I think the key is to get there early and check the opening times for the various sections of the park--they print them on the map. If Verbolten opens with the park, head there first.

Hey guys, we may be heading to Busch Gardens next week (probably Wednesday or Thrusday) and was wondering a few things:

1. What will the crowds be like (I imagine light but then again you never know)

2. What order should we do the rides in so we can get all the coasters in and the major flats/darkrides?

3. Are there any deals avaible at stores (I remeber one from last year but I dont know if it is still going)?

I have Wednesday free. Would you like to do a meetup? I could give you a tour around the park and you won't have to worry too much about lines/crowds. Speaking of lines/crowds, that's usually dependent on the weather. If it's warm, expect the park to be slammed.

In other news, Mach Tower officially reopened today. I got no rides on it, but definitely saw it running with people on it.

I've heard that Mach Tower has definitely been improved, but still isn't quite "Intamin-quality". At least it will be worth riding now as a thrill (besides the fact that it feels like it will fall apart), rather than a calm observation tower. I'm glad the park noticed the problem and fixed it to the best of their (and Moser) abilities.

Now only if they could do something with the slight rattle on Verbolten.

^What rattle? I mean, when it's cold it has the cutest little rattle, but otherwise it's fine!

I rode it a month after it opened and it rattled quite a bit! I mean it wasn't BRAIN RATTLING, but surprising for a brand new coaster.

Mach Tower did receive a number of upgrades to make the freefall drop a bit longer and the ride more reliable.

Just got back from the park. Two things to report:

1) The salted caramel gelato in Italy is pretty good (they have a slew of other flavors, including double chocolate, cappuccino, and raspberry).

2) Mach Tower's free fall is, indeed, a bit longer.