TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

Yeah, I can easily wait an hour for a ride if the line is constantly moving. Sounds promising, if they've got their system working out so well already!

It is lines like those that just make you cringe when you see an hour wait for what should be half, if not less, of that...

And the Youtube comments on the video make me laugh because it is sad that people cannot fathom that a PoV of this ride would kill a lot of the fun of it. That and you'd need 3 to actually get the full effect...

^The ride has three "storylines," which use different light and sound effects in the building (a storm, a pack of wolves, and the "Spirit of the Forest"). When I described it to my Dad, he actually summed it up like this: "Sounds like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride on steroids." That's not a bad analogy. They use high-tech sound, combined with good, old-fashioned dark ride effects in the show building.

Edited by cfc

Loved you commentary on the POV Chuck, thanks for you're amazing coverage of this project from day 1, It's been a lot of fun to follow from demolition of BBW to opening day!

This attraction looks fantastic, it might not be a top 10 coaster for most enthusiasts but looks like an amazing ride for most guests! Well done Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Sea World Parks and Entertainment !

After watching the pov, I'd like to say how much a difference some solid theming makes. Verbolten is dwarfed by many of the other attractions that opened this year, but it seems enthusiasts are most excited about it! It's crazy to think that a Zierer family coaster can generate as much or more hype than a B&M hyper or giga. I can't wait to ride this thing!

^Thank you. I'm not all that comfortable with myself on camera, but I was actually kind of pleased with this one. Of course, it helps when the ride gives you plenty of stuff to react to.

^I think you're right. For some reason, I thought there were six trains, but all the literature from the park says five. So, they've been running four trains (red, blue, green, and orange).

I thoroughly enjoyed watching (most of) the development of this project aside from the initial leaked photos and overblown situation reports.

Busch Gardens really has created a ride experience that I don't think we've ever seen anything like before. They've successfully combined a highly themed roller coaster with interchangeable dark ride elements and a vertical drop track that appears to pack quite a whallop.

I really hope Zierer continues to produce such refined and detailed attractions for the amusement industry! Verbolten looks fantastic!

Yellow train is still down for maintenance. I have no idea when the train will be added.

Rode Verbolten with the lights off/effects on for the first time yesterday. I had the thunderstorm storyline and it was definitely better than it was with the lights on. Ride was still the same, but the experience was definitely enhanced. My favorite scene was the cool perspective shot into the forest after the first brake run.

Some notes

- Line was an hour Friday, a bit longer when I left on Saturday.

- I spotted some awesome theme park shirts yesterday and today including someone in an ACE shirt. I also spotted X-Flight, a Maverick shirt, two Dollywood shirts (including a Mystery Mine shirt), plenty of Disney shirts, a few I305/232 shirts, and I encountered someone with a SWO shirt twice today along with some classic BGW shirts.

- The phone calls in Gunther's office are awesome. Gerta's laugh however is another story.

Also BGW is holding a Team Member ride night on Wednesday and I can invite one guest. If you want to attend, please try to PM as soon as you can (preferably before tomorrow). If you plan on visiting the park tomorrow, I'll give you the guest ticket there. Included is ERT on Verbolten, ERT on Mach Tower, free food, fun, and possibly a t-shirt as well.

One thing I notice on all of the POV videos is that they miss the best effects in the show building. There's so much cool stuff in there that you have to look around to see. That forrest reveal after the brake run out of the helix is so impressive but nobody's caught it on a POV.