TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 466: New Slide for Water Country in 2023

^ The sound of squealing brakes would be great, along with some type of caution barrier that you would "break" through, kind of like what's shown in that concept art. You know, something that would open at the last second to let the train through (Similar to what Blue Fire has). I assume they will have the caution sign, but I think having it in front of you and it opening at the last second, instead of just being overhead, would be awesome!

I get the impression from the artwork that the trees of the Black Forest are somehow responsible for wrecking the bridge--like they've pulled it apart.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the great update! It's fair to say my interest level went from "Oh, that's nice, BGW is building something new" to "Wow! This is really cool looking, and what a bold, exciting new step for Busch to take on a coaster!"

So, clearly BGW and TPR can both say Mission Accomplished.

This really is a fascinating and undoubtedly unique ride!

Somehow, I missed these tour reports from last week. The back story is awesome, the shots inside the Forest building are spine-tingling, the whole thing is looking fantastic.

Is there anyone left who thinks this won't suffice as a more-than-worthy replacement for BBW?

[crickets chirping]

What's up with indoor ride buildings being so dang dusty, even when brand new? I've been on two tours inside Flight of Fear's "spaghetti bowl" and everything in there except the wheel paths on the rails are absolutely caked in dust.

What's up with indoor ride buildings being so dang dusty, even when brand new? I've been on two tours inside Flight of Fear's "spaghetti bowl" and everything in there except the wheel paths on the rails are absolutely caked in dust.

I assume for FOF at least, that must be the skin cells that the high speed ride whisked off of the guests

Is there really a need to keep a room spotless when so few people will see the room lit up? It's not like people are going to be eating in such a dusty environment.

Thanks for the photos of the tour Chuck. I put a few in the Park Index, if you have others that you think should be included please add them.

Edited by larrygator

Is there really a need to keep a room spotless when so few people will see the room lit up? It's not like people are going to be eating in such a dusty environment.

Ummm, Larry- never go into my guest room. Neurosurgeons could perform major miracles there. Bacteriologists are still amazed- and yes, the sheets are also ironed.

Chuck- these updates are phenomenal in every way. While a part of me still is sad that red track is no longer a part of the site, seeing the heavy-duty detail that BGW is putting into Verbolten takes the sting away. Keeping with tradition of having the howling wolf and licence plates is a good payback to BBW.

Maybe this has already been stated somewhere else...but is this ride the first of its kind? Also, someone had mentioned that the coaster has 5 trains. How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.

How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.

Edited by cfc

Didn't the Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain open with 5 trains? I still remember waiting over 4 hours to ride it on opening weekend.

In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf, Amen. Praise be to Anton.

Revolution was delivered with six trains- and five were operated during the first 6 seasons. Two trains were originally used as 'donor' trains for parts, and are now 'scrapped' as such. Revolution now has four trains- three on the track, a fourth in storage, of which two are used at any given time.

Schwarzkopf intended for Revolution to run with six trains- but even with the best operations, that would have resulted in a staff ready to revolt- unless they had used the platform as originally intended- with two station start-stop mode (thus the 'second' room on the platform). He had designed the ride to run like a European fair coaster - but Magic Mountain never operated it as such.

Go in peace, Ride a Schwarzkopf.

R.D.

I'm looking forward to seeing how BGW runs Verbolten. They're pretty good about running three trains per coaster on busy days (and single-train operations are very rare).

If the trains don't need seatbelts, then I can see fast and smooth operations with multiple trains. I mean, 18 people per train isn't that hard to check when you only have to pull a single lap bar, is it?