TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 457: Pantheon Roller Coaster POV!

This coaster does have potential for being the dark horse of 2012. While everyone is in awe of Skyrush and/or Leviathan, this one is looking more and more impressive! And from the video, it does seem like there isn't much space between the bridge section and those footers, which could make that drop STEEP!

It's not that steep, I'd say 60 degrees, but the straightaway (bridge part) drops away really quickly, which I think will provide an excellent pop of ejector air.

60 degrees is actually really steep for a ride of this size!

The drop is already built, but I haven't seen any pictures that are able to be shared here. Maybe someone has some?!

I have to say, I'm really liking the look of Verbolten! When we visited BGW for the first time in 2010, my wife and I commented that their coaster collection would be rounded out perfectly with a more family-oriented coaster, just a step below Nessie. I think this coaster fits the bill perfectly, and it looks to have some thrilling elements to boot!

On a side note, for those more familiar with the event, do they ever run Apollo for their Christmas event? By the looks of things, it appears that Griffon and Alpengeist are the only coasters open for it. I only ask because my wife and I are seriously considering going down for that maybe next year, since we were so impressed with Kennywood's Christmas event this year, and since we both loved BGW! I only ask about Apollo because that was my wife's favorite coaster there (and mine too for that matter)

^The only coaster operating during Christmas Town this year is Alpengeist (they've run Griffon the previous two years). Festa Italia, where Apollo's Chariot is located, is closed during Christmas Town--but who knows for the future?

Those people at BGW Fans don't know what they're talking about. That turn is sexy, reminiscent of the BBW's final drop, which means it'll probably pack a nice little punch at the bottom. The purple track isn't too bad looking either (is that purple?).

I've noticed that one of the supports in the forest is facing a different direction too which reminds me of one of 305's high speed turns. Definitely won't be as thrilling or intense, but I'm still blown away at how awesome this project is turning out.

Can't wait to see the bridge set up. It's gonna look amazing over the river.

Edited by netdvn

Transition looks weird from that photo and the others on BGWFans. But I'm knocking it! That drops looks incredible.

There are a few more photos over at BGWFans that show it from other angles. Basically, it looks to start banking halfway down the drop, kind of in a similar fashion to The Beast's long drop into the double helix? And then it fully banks when it's almost flattened out, as opposed to being a fluid motion. It's just different, that's all! It's very Zierer-like, looking at their other ESC coasters.