TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 443 - A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration

^He and Count von Count could do an interpretive dance about it.

I think this is mostly an "only in the South" controversy that will blow over by tomorrow.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

A Night at Busch Gardens' Christmas Celebration Busch Gardens Williamsburg is pushing on with its limited attendance/reservations-only events schedule with an abridged version of their extremely

Posted Images

1. Wes is definitely the coolest poster on the forums

2. I'll probably be hitting up CT in the coming weeks and knowing how fast this project has been going up, I can't wait to see what's been done.

I just with the park would come up with a teaser site like they did with Griffon (or like most other parks do with major new rides). On another note has anybody scanned the QR codes yet? I'm interested in seeing the next teaser.

^ The QR code now takes you to the video that is posted right above your post.

I just got back from the park and I will say they have done a wonderful job decorating the place like they usually do. Pompeii is the highlight of the event.

On Verbolten, they have almost finished putting up the wall on the side viewable from guests so by next week you will no longer be able to see the track inside the building. Pictures below:

1.jpg.ab4553ea78b16890b942711a3ddcbb5f.jpg

2.jpg.416cca1fe623e2d2eeb41bdb35c8f913.jpg

3.jpg.2b0ba226e95a12933f298ab43345208d.jpg

4.jpg.aaa87db9a2b09ea0b589706915260069.jpg

5.jpg.46b1df0bb392d6fcf18edc4c4f3a603d.jpg

6.jpg.2519e567998cf0bc606b86e65cadadb4.jpg

It's good to see Verbolten moving right along, especially after all the fits and starts with Mach Tower this year.

Second to last picture- What are those?

those look like concrete footers for the coaster, and some supports

Agreed on the Footers. But those don't look like supports to me.

I'm curious about something else.

4_641.jpg

Is the old waterfall going to be restored? That was always a nice feature.

^It ran down the hill behind the old Big Bad Wolf station. They to shut it down and tear some of it out for the construction, of course.

Edited by cfc
Second to last picture- What are those?

those look like concrete footers for the coaster, and some supports

Agreed on the Footers. But those don't look like supports to me.

Well I'm wondering about the supports. Could it be that they were placed there to prevent erosion or something?

^They look temporary to me--something that would hold a plastic or canvas wall, perhaps. They could be putting something up to control erosion.

^^ Thats a pretty strange... thing. Is it track?

That's what I thought it was at first.... But the only black track is in the building (supposedly) and it is a squarish track segment - not flat or rectangular like we've seen. I think it's just a piece of equipment for the ride installation.

^^ Thats a pretty strange... thing. Is it track?

That's what I thought it was at first.... But the only black track is in the building (supposedly) and it is a squarish track segment - not flat or rectangular like we've seen. I think it's just a piece of equipment for the ride installation.

Pile driving rig. those steel tubes in the previous pics are driven into the ground - you can tell by looking at the numbers marked on them.

Yeah, I was wondering what those things were, I was walking out of work the other night and saw them (by the way, you know you work there late when there isn't any music playing anymore.)there. I thought they were peculiar. Now I understand what the are doing. They are preparing the area for supports and track building. I think it would actually be kind of funny if they used those to put up a big black tarp so we couldn't see the outside track. Talk about secrecy .

Anyways, I think park expected attendance for Fridays is 6K. It is sad they don't expect more and the first Friday was the fastest Christmas Town reached capacity. The second Friday was a bit calm than the first Saturday but busier than that first Sunday. The Maximum Capacity for Christmas Town is like 18K where as during the normal season it is 36K. Big difference there. I wonder why?

Also, I am planning on visiting Christmas Eve, and since it will be my only time going this year, I want the ultimate Christmas Town experience! Pictures and all so look forward to that . That is unless my plans are some how ruined but they shouldn't .

I'll be there tomorrow night, which is also the night of Colonial Williamsburg's Grand Illumination--what has that done to attendance at Christmas Town in the past?