Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 452 - Busch Gardens Summer Nights

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Halloween Harvest, or “Howl-o-Scream Lite.” Busch Gardens is sticking with its “reservations only/limited attendance” events with Halloween Harvest during October. This is sort of “Howl-o-Scream

^^Hmm--I think your assumption is correct.  @Mike240SX I'm certainly not expecting "full operations" before Memorial Day Weekend, which isn't unusual (for example, they usually don' t start operating

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR. Now

Posted Images

http://www.dailypress.com/news/williamsburg/dp-gaz-water-country-expands-20111011,0,257714.story

Water Country USA is looking to double its footprint of attractions, but details are slim.

The Planning Commission will review an application to amend the master plan to expand the park. The original plan approved in 1996 encompassed 163 acres. The park later grew to 222 acres.

The original master plan allowed for the addition of 37 acres of attractions to the park. Attractions currently span 41 acres. The new plan would add another 43 acres of attractions.

The plan also includes restrictions and guidelines on buffers, setbacks from nearby streams and other properties, as well as guidelines for stormwater management.

Planning documents and documents submitted by the park do not elaborate on how quickly the expansion might happen or what kinds of new attractions or facilities might be added.

Want to go? The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 12, in York Hall at 301 Main St. in Yorktown.

^Kind od sounds like those might be long range plans. I missed out going to the water parl last time I was there because the weather turned cold. Maybe next year I will have a chance.

Water country USA planning to double the size of their park? Holy (your favorite expression here)!!! I wonder if the park gets the OK it needs, what attractions are they planning to put in there?

I remember first visiting the park in 1986 and my most recent visit in 2008, and there is a big difference between those visits. Back in 1986, Water Country USA was tiny compared to Water Country USA of today. Why, getting extra room will mean . . . do ya think? I hope so . . . maybe Water Country USA can finally get its own WATER COASTER!!! Why stop there, how about a Shoot the Chutes ride (that Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells has); or how about some rapid tubing rides that Schilitterbahn has so many of. Do you think they could beat the record that Schilitterbahn has and make the world's longest tubing ride? And the biggest question of all, will they put in an attraction that will cause me to drop everything, put on my water riding clothes, and go there?

Oh, let the speculations commence.

"You and those water rides. You dream so much about water parks I am considering exchanging myself for a plastic pillow!"

Does anyone know if Verbolten is going to be reusing and of the existing structures from Big bad Wolf (Station, transfer shed, those little houses between the first and second lifts), or is the entire attraction completely new from the ground up?

Also, has anyone heard any type of estimated number as far as overall cost of the attraction? I'm interested to see the final cost is with all of the themeing, dark rides section, and coaster compared to something like Cheetah Hunt or Darkastle or Griffon.

^From the looks of the construction, the station and the transfer shed have both been retained. The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

As for the rest of the ride, everything should be brand new. The old village facades were demolished with Big Bad Wolf.

That's cool, the station on Vortex at Kings Island was always interesting to me since it was originally built for the Bat suspended coasters. I guess at the time Arrow was really good at designing stations that could be retrofitted in the future to accommodate new coasters....

The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

I didn't realize this. It's pretty smart since now they won't have to do nearly as much work in the river and I am sure it eased permitting as well.

The station has been completely gutted and will be fully rebuilt on the inside with the outer shell staying the same. As for the transfer track, the old maintenance area will now be part of the station and two new maintenance areas will be added. Together, they will be able to hold all 5 trains. The village area has been completely destroyed and is the future site of the "event building".

The forecast cost for the attraction as a whole is $54 Million.

The footers from Big Bad Wolf's final drop have also been kept as the ride will use that turn exactly as it was before.

I didn't realize this. It's pretty smart since now they won't have to do nearly as much work in the river and I am sure it eased permitting as well.

I wonder if Zierer was designed their supports for that section of the ride around the existing bolt patterns on the old BBW footers or if they will have to do some prep work to make theirs fit. I'm not an expert on this type of construction or anything but if they are completely reusing the footers from that section of BBW then it would make sense to make the installation as simple as possible.

This ride looks more and more impressive every day, definitely my most anticipated new ride of 2012.

The station has been completely gutted and will be fully rebuilt on the inside with the outer shell staying the same. As for the transfer track, the old maintenance area will now be part of the station and two new maintenance areas will be added. Together, they will be able to hold all 5 trains. The village area has been completely destroyed and is the future site of the "event building".

The forecast cost for the attraction as a whole is $54 Million.

I dont see how in the world it could be 54 million dollars. Thats two Intimidator 305's and then some.

The theming elements that this ride is gonna have will amp the price up a few million.

A $50 mil budget gives me high hopes that this will be themed about as close to Disney/Universal as the park can get.

Hey guys! I found some more pictures from BGWfans.com! The helix on Verbolten has been constructed! thGWanks to Chrsi and Brian Skinner at BGWfans!

NOTE!!! I do not own these pictures, they were taken by Brian Skinner(@WDWORLD) From BGWfans.com!

1527322367_verboltenhelix1.jpg.52d4ddf27c0b2da1824f246dcdfb9020.jpg

Some helix goodness.

1267631562_verboltenhelix2.jpg.7730423a039bdd1e35373c896353cdf2.jpg

More helix and event building goodness.