TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 456: Information about Christmas Town 2021!

New Scare Zone: Unleashed

The full moon looms. The fog creeps closer. And somewhere in the distance, a creature howls. There are werewolves on the prowl, and they’re coming nearer—hunting for unsuspecting human prey. So listen for the rustle of dry leaves in the bushes, and beware the creepy cry that pierces the darkness. It may be your only warning in this scare zone, where you’ll discover what happens when true fear is Unleashed.

Unleashed2_(2).png.60ba4b91d4c997cbf92d9d010862a4f8.png

Logo for Scare Zone

Unleashed actually looks (excuse my french) bad @$$ from everything else we have seen so far. It has me really up-ing my expectations. That will be the one time I actually say that so please don't get riled up about it or give me a lecture. Anyways, the traditional string of white/yellow carnival light s are strung around the place behind Roman Rapids. Theming should be awesome, I hope to get a good look of it soon.

Does anyone know what they could possibly have four semi-trucks sitting around for all of the sudden? Could it be for storage for a haunted house or something else?

According to some people over at bgwfans.com, Mach Tower might actually be open today. There is a very good chance being that the construction walls were taken down last night. Supposedly. Someone is going to confirm or deny this later on bgwfans.com. Or you can just go to the park yourself yesterday and possibly ride for yourself!

Opening was AMAZING! Line was no longer than 10 minutes. And they have a very efficient way of loading riders on. Though there were some delays (A lot of people got off after harnesses were locked, which means they had to reset the harnesses), the view was amazing. The drop itself was amazing. The seats shake a little and it stops for a split second and then you drop. Amazing Airtime (Obviously). Great ride. Definetley something to try next time you're there.

Whoa it takes a looong time to get to the top! I'm pretty sure I would be freaking out all the way up even more than during the actual drop haha!

wow no kidding, this ride cycle is gonna be looooong. does anyone know how much shorter this tower is than the one at KD?

I've never understood why these drop towers begin braking so early. I mean, the brakes kick in around the middle of the tower, and by the last quarter, it's down to the constant speed it hold until the bottom. Is there any reason why they are braked so early?

It's been two hours, I wonder if Chuck has made it on yet.

The brakes do seem to engage very high on this tower which probably increases the climb time since it has to fight the pull that much longer. As far as why they go so high... Don't really know, perhaps a more gentle stop?