TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I like what I see and have read and thanks for posting the photos from the announcement. The only thing is that the name Mach Tower doesn't seem to be in the same league as some of their other classic ride names. I still vote for Der Fallinfast.

I wonder if the re-envisoning of Oktoberfest will be spread out over both years and if Wirbelwind and Autobahn will be relocated in the process.

I don't know of any other manufacturer that has a drop ride with a ring that spins other than Intamin. Even with 30 seats the wait still shouldn't be all that bad.

Oktoberfest seems to be getting alot of love, which it deserves after the removal of BBW, but is there a reason that there never seem to be new rides installed in Ireland? I am quite excited about both this coaster and the one going in in BGT

Technically, Ireland did get a new simulator ride this year: Europe in the Air.

Edited by cfc

Am I the only one in awe over those kickass waterslides?

Nope--I'm looking forward to those, too.

^Actually, they removed the old "Bavarian village" set when they dismantled the Big Bad Wolf. Will it make a comeback? We'll see.

^ You have to figure they left those big concrete footers in the river for something right? Let's hope so!

Big Bad Wolf cracked its footers and they aren't in outstanding quality after 25 years of abuse from a Suspended coaster. More than likely they'd pour new footers for a new coasters, but it's hard to dig up something that's underwater/on the side of a hill because you can't get the big machines needed to swim.

I think that the drop tower was a much needed "big flat". As for the coaster, I am super excited to see what they do with it. I would love for a drop over the Rhine River to be incorporated somehow.

I agree--a drop tower is something that Busch has never had, so I think it's a good choice. I'm hoping that the river plays a part in the new coaster, too. A steep drop toward the water followed by a launch into the gully would be great.