TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I just got the email for pass holders. The 2 year plans will be revealed in the Festhaus Saturday September 18, 2010 at 11am for the first 1500 active pass holders. The park is also giving away prizes all weekend to random people all over the park for displaying your pass. (out of work dream squad? )

Sadly, I will not be able to attend the event on Saturday, but I do plan on going Sunday.

Here is a video teaser they sent out as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDMa0VUWZM&feature=player_embedded

I think its going to be something tall by the looks of the video...

http://www.buschgardens.com/Bgw/CP/?page=bignews

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Big_News_At_Busch_Gardens_and_Water_Country_USA_khbz[/coastertube]

EDIT: Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming announcement.

Rumors have been running rampant among theme park enthusiasts all year about the next major attraction coming to the Williamsburg parks. Well, the wait is almost over.

In just a few days, Busch Gardens and Water Country USA will unveil a two-year, multi-million dollar expansion plan representing the largest investment in the history of the parks. Officials are planning several additions to both Williamsburg-area parks as well as updates to one of Busch Gardens’ landmarks and expansion of a signature park event.

“We’re re-imagining the look and feel of some of the most recognizable areas of Busch Gardens,” said Park President John Reilly. “We’re revitalizing Busch Gardens and Water Country USA with new attractions so our guests can enjoy the parks for years to come.”

Officials will provide details on Sept. 18 for the parks’ most loyal fans at a special presentation during Busch Gardens’ Pass Member Appreciation Weekend.

The parks’ design and engineering teams will work with local contractors to build the attractions, the first of which will open next spring.

“This is a good news story for the entire region,” said Dick Schreiber, president of the Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance. “New attractions mean more entertainment options for families visiting the Williamsburg region along with good jobs now that will boost the local economy during a critical time of the year.”

Fans can visit buschgardens.com/bignews for the most up-to-date attraction information. The site also provides links to updates on the parks’ official Facebook sites and park blog.

Big_News_FINAL.jpg.ca00a1073121539264cc46dee6c100b9.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

WOW, That is a horrible video. Im shocked.

--Jay

It's just a teaser, dude. Relax.

As for me, I'll definitely be there on September 18. It's good to hear that Water Country will be getting some new stuff, as well.

Just checked out the new Howl-O-Scream site and i must say that i am not impressed with the line up for this year. It is the same mazes and shows from last year but they actually removed the Cavern of darkness. So maybe they will put more emphasis on the scarezones but we will have to wait and see.

Looking up should be a good sign though, no? I myself am hoping for that rumored flyer... I am a pass holder, but did not get the email. We were just down last week though, so no trip for me on the 18th. Looking forward to more info! This is going to be a great two years for the Busch Gardens duo!

WOW, That is a horrible video. Im shocked.

--Jay

It's just a teaser, dude. Relax.

As for me, I'll definitely be there on September 18. It's good to hear that Water Country will be getting some new stuff, as well.

I ment quality wise, I mean they shot it on like $100 handy cam it looks like. Plus the txt is just like plain standard. Im just saying it looks like they put 0 Effort into it. I could have made a better video in a day.

--Jay

Just checked out the new Howl-O-Scream site and i must say that i am not impressed with the line up for this year. It is the same mazes and shows from last year but they actually removed the Cavern of darkness. So maybe they will put more emphasis on the scarezones but we will have to wait and see.

I imagine Cavern of Darkness is out becuase they want to keep Europe in the Air running during Howl-o-Scream (the second half of that maze was pretty weak, anyway).