TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Newbie to HOS, planning on going October 2nd and 3rd. Have been to BGE probably 4 times over the last 20 years, but all during the summer.

Any advice on:

- Lines/crowds that early in October, for both regular attractions and HOS?

- Are there any HOS things going on at all before 6pm?

Any other tips for a first timer?

Thanks!

My experience, if you go on a Saturday the QuickQue is a MUST. One Saturday last year we waited 2 hours for the maze by Festhaus. (old Draken Fire)

Sundays don't seem to be as bad. My plan this year is to try both. We are going Saturday Sept 26 and Sunday October 11.

Unless these bids stay low for the last ride on BBW, I may make another trip----->

Bid on last ride on Big Bad Wolf

^ When you are facing the entrance there is a section of the queue that is over to the right. I have only seen it used twice.

My mom and I headed down to BGE two years ago on Griffon's 'real' opening day (Memorial Day Friday), and we figured it'd be empty because it was a school day. Turns out there were two band competitions there that day and the entire county had off school. We waited through every single inch of that line, over the bridge, and actually out of the archway that begins New France. It. Was. Terrible.

From Busch Gardens:

"For fans of The Big Bad Wolf, time is running out to place their bid for a seat on the final train. The auction will officially end Friday, Sept 4 at 3 p.m. when the top 24 bids will be selected. Fans should bid now for a chance to be part of history. For more information about the auction, or to place a bid, visit www.eagle97.com."

Good Luck!

Im sorry but I would not want to participate in this. I guess its cause im bitter when a park gets rid of a coaster but I dunno about all the capitalizing on getting rid of it...

But im sure there is some logic but I just dont see it...

Newbie to HOS, planning on going October 2nd and 3rd. Have been to BGE probably 4 times over the last 20 years, but all during the summer.

Any advice on:

- Lines/crowds that early in October, for both regular attractions and HOS?

- Are there any HOS things going on at all before 6pm?

Any other tips for a first timer?

Thanks!

My experience, if you go on a Saturday the QuickQue is a MUST. One Saturday last year we waited 2 hours for the maze by Festhaus. (old Draken Fire)

Sundays don't seem to be as bad. My plan this year is to try both. We are going Saturday Sept 26 and Sunday October 11.

Unless these bids stay low for the last ride on BBW, I may make another trip----->

Bid on last ride on Big Bad Wolf

How about Fridays? Maybe reserve Saturday to go back during the day for any of the regular park attractions and knock out as much HoS on Friday night as we can.

Goodbye ol girl

Me and family and friends went to get some awesome last night rides on Saturday. She was running great as usual. good that they have built in to the announcement in the station that she takes her last ride on Sep 7.

Also a few weeks ago they were selling cardboard replicas of the 25th anniversary sign for $20 which IMO was a ripoff but BGW made it right, yesterday they were selling a similar item but it is on a thin metal plate and about 18" in Diameter for $30 (22.50 w/ Season pass).

It was a special night that I will never forget and I hope my son never forgets either. we got 7 rides last night.

So long old friend

JEFF

DSC07421.jpg.14af37d03ec57323acf5b016fb42ebad.jpg

goodbye

DSC08035.jpg.b07a934c551250b8d4b35967e18af17d.jpg

JABBW.jpg.cf536823b23df77532fb06b3da2b65e9.jpg

DSC07426.jpg.ae017fb205734b82a8c7ee93b3679b38.jpg

Goodbye ol girl

Me and family and friends went to get some awesome last night rides on Saturday. She was running great as usual. good that they have built in to the announcement in the station that she takes her last ride on Sep 7.

Also a few weeks ago they were selling cardboard replicas of the 25th anniversary sign for $20 which IMO was a ripoff but BGW made it right, yesterday they were selling a similar item but it is on a thin metal plate and about 18" in Diameter for $30 (22.50 w/ Season pass).

It was a special night that I will never forget and I hope my son never forgets either. we got 7 rides last night.

So long old friend

JEFF

I'll be paying my respects tomorrow (get in a ride last Friday night, too). So, they're selling metal signs now? Figures. I've already bought one of the cardboard ones.

Yea Chuck I would try to take the other one back and see if you could exchange it...the new one is much better.

In case people did not know BGW is having a sale on ALL merchandise at the park 15% off (25% off for passholders) this weekend, Needless to say the wolf gift stand has been getting cleaned out.

JEFF