TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^Agreed--what's the point of blowing a lot of cash reinventing an ad campaign for a similar ride? Griffon is going to stand on its own quite well, I think--it's looking great.

I have been going to BGW (E?) for quite a while and never really enjoyed the park. However, I'm hoping Griffon will change my opinion. From everything I've seen, it looks amazing. Sheikra is one of my favorite coasters, and I know this one will be just as good, if not better. May 25 can't get here fast enough.

What I can't figure is why you keep going back when you don't enjoy the park. Well, at least you're keeping an open mind.

^^Ah, the old "family vacation" scenario, eh? Well, that makes sense. I've been to both parks, and I would give the edge to Tampa overall (even more so, if they put in something along the lines of DarKastle). But BGE is a "seasonal" park that plays to a different audience, whereas BGA has to compete a bit with the big boys in Orlando to get noticed.

Both are excellent parks with plenty to offer--and I think Griffon will be an excellent addition to Euroburg.

I ambled over to the park for opening day--very pleasant, unlike the freezing passholder preview day (and the ribs from the Smokehouse were awesome). Not much to report, but here are two "detail" shots of Griffon (plus a bonus pic that I think is kinda funny).

Smoking.JPG.cd93bbc9211e36d2fa11f5d8e44fd091.JPG

As for the sign, very well put.

190645172_Bridge2.JPG.64a3de7b1780b3f23134567b5ea71f1f.JPG

A lousy shot of the same bridge, taken from the train.

289035735_Bridge1.JPG.1e65e3ef82f86dbea95cb7ea38806cf6.JPG

One of the contractors left a gate open in the construction wall, so I took a shot of the bridge (and main entrance, I think). Nice rockwork, eh?

^Not much to report, eh? Lemme guess...you left before 5:30

Well you'll be kicking yourself for it now

TESTING has been documented. They ran Griffon from around 5:30 until closing. Last ride on Alpengeist we got to see Griffon running through the Immelmann and future watersplash area as we went up the lift. The trains look amazing!!!

^^I would've assumed that the trains are the birds themselves. Sheikra's trains have some of the bird's colors on them. A griffon is usually darker colors, with greys and maybe blues (like th track), so why would they have a bright red and yellow train on a coaster that is named after a dark and mysterious bird?