TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Be sure to check back at BGEscape tomorrow when we release some pretty exciting information pertaining to Griffon that might involve you!

And yes, Busch Gardens is definitely strict on bringing cameras onto rides. This new bag policy is certainly a pain, though, and I really hope the inevitable wave complaints forces management to rethink it...

Oh, the site is working for me

Hmmm, well I know the forums are down...and if you try going into them then backing up to the mainpage, the mainpage doesn't work anymore. Anyways, we're working on getting the forums back up. In the meantime, try clearing your cookies and the mainpage should work for you...hopefully. That's what I did anyways.

^I'm perversely looking forward to Mind Eraser at SFA, Eric.

^^Try BGE on a Saturday during the summer--woo, boy! Rule of thumb: If they're using the Scotland and Bavaria parking lots, go do something else.

Awwww, so good seeing my home park from my childhood! Looks like the day of your visit wasn't Mark friendly, meaning that it was barely above freezing! Tidewater can be miserable during the winter.

I Stopped in for a visit after the removal of the LeMans last Spring and was amazed at the foot print of this beast. BG doesnt alway add a new attraction each year, or every other year for that matter, but when they do-they do it right.

Can't wait to ride this monster! Woot!

I'm sorry guys, this is getting to be so incredibly embarrassing...our web host fails at life and never fixes problems as they rise with the server....which results in BGEscape seeming completely unprofessional, experiencing absurd amounts of downtime. We will try to fix it as soon as possible, but it depends on if we can get in touch with our retard-for-a-host.

Rest assured, the problems with BGEscape are out of our hands completely, and if we had control over it, this downtime would cease to exist. We apologize for the site being about as reliable as a freaking rocket coaster...

Yep, they're quite similar. Why "reinvent the wheel"?

They're using a shot of Sheikra on a BGE commercial, too. Well, they'll be able to use the real Griffon eventually.

LOL at that ad for Griffon on that webpage. Its like the cut and paste the SheiKra ad from before SheiKra's opening except replace it with Griffon, 205 feet, and a satellite image of Virginia.

Compare:

http://www.bgtguide.com/media/comm.php - Season Pass/SheiKra ad (March 2005)

http://www.griffoncoaster.com/ - The intro.

See, a lot of people are angry over this fact, and even some consider Griffon a lesser ride because of it. But you all have to remember that if Griffon had come first, SheiKra would have been the "lesser" ride and would have used the same type of ads, probably even more so than Griffon is somehow being thought of...