TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I remember all the fuss when Apollo was in the planning stages and BGW promised the residents that it would not be an "eye sore" from route 60 and it would be painted in "earth tone" colors.

I don't know about you guys but nothing screams earth tone like bright yellow and purple!

Suck it Kingsmill!

JEFF

From a distance, Griffon looks gray...not blue. There is no humanly way to minimize its presence, haha. But I guess Busch Gardens knows how to say the right things to please Kings Mill residents.

Anyways, the hard hat tour was amazing and I'm glad all of you guys enjoyed the photo update!

Also, I think I saw somebody asked the exact length of the drop on the last page. To answer your question, Bolliger said that from rail to rail, it is indeed 205 feet. I know, we all thought it may be a tad bit longer with the dive under the bridge into that trench, but it turns out it is actually 205 feet.

It just look small to me. Sheikra looks like it would be WAY taller. Is it because it drops into a raven?

I do like the coaster though. I can't wait to get up there and ride it .

The word you're looking for is "ravine." Griffon's lifthill tops out at 205 feet, while Sheikra's is 200 feet.