TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I hit up the park for the first time since I was 2 on Saturday. I wasn't sure of my way around the park too well, so I couldn't get too many good views of the area. I did get the good view from rolling out of Loch Ness Monster. For most of the morning they were drilling holes into the ground for footers. And then the rains came...

Here are two not-so-hot pictures I took at Howl-o-Scream last Friday night (Sept. 22).

735976924_Grif2.jpg.aeb20cb97f09b7e846185f02427d352d.jpg

. . . and pouring a lot of concrete (pic taken from Nessie's exit).

257075746_Grif1.jpg.19fe337d9b00d6ede9c6d3f2c4353d82.jpg

Well, they've definitely been piling up more construction-related stuff . . .

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know if the track guage is any larger as the trains will be 10 people across?

I'm no expert, but in my opinion, it does appear to be wider track.

On the flip-side, though, does anybody think that the railing itself actually looks SMALLER than usual? That's kinda freaky.

Those are some good pics; this is coaster for 2007 that I am most excited about. If all goes as planned, I will get to ride it next summer (and possibly the original, Sheikra, as well).

So far as I know this is one of only two B&M coasters going in for 2007, and the only one in the US, compared to the 6 they built for 2006. Come to think of it, it seems to be a lighter year than usual for new coasters in general; Griffon, Maverick, Renegade, Mystery Mine and another wooden one I cannot recall the name of at the moment are the only "big" coaster installations I can think of opening in the US this year.

Does anybody know if the track guage is any larger as the trains will be 10 people across?

On the flip-side, though, does anybody think that the railing itself actually looks SMALLER than usual? That's kinda freaky.

I think I should have clarified my question. How big is the track in comparison to Shekra? Because the track on Shekra is huge! Is it the same guage or a larger one to accomodate the wider trains?

Mabey we need an expert from B&M to answer this.

Any experts from B&M here posting?

I think I should have clarified my question. How big is the track in comparison to Shekra? Because the track on Shekra is huge! Is it the same guage or a larger one to accomodate the wider trains?

Mabey we need an expert from B&M to answer this.

Any experts from B&M here posting?

Im not claimimg to be an B&M expert but just from the descriptions above it sounds like the track is probably bigger which is what is making the railing look smaller - just a guess though

Griffon pics!!!!!!

10-15-06

some of these footers are DEEP!

Still nothing being done on the Rhine river.

JEFF

Griffon008.jpg.ef94212b0993c201bbf48ac4610ca033.jpg

Most trains will be in here except on Saturdays :p

Griffon007.jpg.1025119c8853bfb64ac0d3caa42fb095.jpg

Transfer table and the train/maint. shed has vertical beams up

Griffon006.jpg.385b42904daf93c75395c48fd9a59922.jpg

Completed run out

Griffon005.jpg.81ebc34ca8f0cce2d6666efbc4338e3b.jpg

Big brakes

Griffon004.jpg.0e0ada27969abd16a4fefea315654a53.jpg

This is a footer hole under the 1st Immelman (Yea, its BIG!)

Griffon003.jpg.011899f717a0c523fc07be8c8a82c37c.jpg

Track piece missing is the transfer table piece

Griffon002.jpg.0c718e12f4a58974c39724bdfbd5f9a1.jpg

Footer holes for Brake run and 2nd 90* drop

Griffon001.jpg.1f88b964047e2b3bc84da6c618f7f48b.jpg

Aerial from LNM

I don't get Busch Gardens. Why do they build pretty much exactly the same rides at both parks? Notice how much less attention this ride is getting on here because of Sheikra.

I think the fact that both drops have an Immelman after them is lame.

I do like the light blue color though.

I have a feeling that they were slightly forced into using it.

It looks like the paint on the track is already fading...

unless thats the effect they are going for?

I thought the exact same thing.... One of the things I love most about B&Ms (besides their brakes) is the awesome shine they have that makes them so damn sexy.... but this B&M doesnt have that...

Thanks for the brake pics though PKD, B&M brakes are my favorite of them all!

I think that's just the primer. From what I remember, most coasters are repainted after they're done with construction.

No, its not Primer, My camera and the time of day make the pics look washed out or faded. It does look better in person.

I only remember 1 coaster constructed in primer then painted afterwards and that was Chang, every other steel coaster I have seen constructed was pre-painted.

JEFF