TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Wanna see a pic of Busch Gardens new Dive Machine?

This was a drive by - and unfortunately I snapped the shot a little too late - but there it is - peeking around the corner of that trailer! It looks "bigger" than regular track (there is regular track on site as well) - so this may be your diver. Why hello there little fella! You can't hide from me!

From what I can see on the teaser, it will have two big drops. However, the second drop doesn't look like it will be 90 degrees. It also looks like the station is similar to how Gwazi at BGA is styled.

Andrew "8 more days!" C.

From what I was told about the Sheikra/Griffon deal at Busch, B&M can't make another dive machine for a certain amount of years under contract by anyone other than Busch. I'm not so sure on this one, but I figured I should put in my two cents (technically, my friend's two cents).

It's good to hear they're expanding this park. On the other hand, while I enjoyed the coasters at BGE when I visited in 2004, I also liked how there was soooooo much more to the park than thrill rides...when you live in an area that can only offer parks like SFDL, you grow to appreciate the appeal and worth of a well-rounded park. Especially one that has such great food!

I hope Busch doesn't forget about this fact, as they prepare to slip another coaster onto their land.

From what I was told about the Sheikra/Griffon deal at Busch, B&M can't make another dive machine for a certain amount of years under contract by anyone other than Busch. I'm not so sure on this one, but I figured I should put in my two cents (technically, my friend's two cents).

I saw that somewhere else, too. But it makes good sense. If Busch was planning to have the two coasters 2 years apart, they obviously wouldn't want some other park in the US to build one before they did.

If you look at this picture:

http://www.bgescape.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=4

and you compare it to the video, it appears that the cable cars will go right through this coaster, maybe under the turn around. I love these cable cars because you get awsome veiws of the park and all of its coasters, just imagine going right next to the vertical drop of this beast. It would be amazing!

Bump. You guys aren't being fair to Griffon. He feels left out from all the pointless webcam-watching speculation about the new Aquatrax.

P07 isn't getting my attention any more.

Griffon rules and will be a better ride anyway.