TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

For starters, the park would just be opening this weekend if it was a normal year (I know its not but still). We also know SEAS had some financial issues that held up the completion of some of these big new coasters and none of us have any idea how much of that has been straightened out at this time. Just because SEAS is seemingly squared away with RMC or Premier doesn't mean they are with Intamin. Speaking of RMC - has there been any activity over at Iron Gwazi? Not that I've heard of.

Also, only one of the five new SEAS coasters has actually opened yet, so its not like Pantheon is the only one that might potentially be having issues, mechanical, financial, or otherwise. Not to mention this is only one photo of the train sitting on the launch track, not a series of observations over an extended period of time, and this is certainly not the first time a new Intamin launcher has potentially had issues leading up to (and beyond) its opening, so is that enough of a reason to freak out that the ride isn't going to open? Nope.

What I am trying to say is everybody calm down. I want it to open more than most, trust me. Pantheon is my most anticipated ride on the planet right now. I'm confident it's going to open. But if you're trying to plan trips at the beginning of the season while Covid is still a thing, parks are still kinda trying to figure this out and how and when they are going to debut their new rides and you're not expecting that you may be disappointed that shit is not open/operations are weird/etc, then you just haven't been paying attention at all and you're just doing this all wrong.

This isn't directly at anyone in particular I feel like I've been seeing a lot of this Is PaNthEoN EveR gOinG TO oPeN posts all over the place lately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boldikus said:

For starters, the park would just be opening this weekend if it was a normal year (I know its not but still). We also know SEAS had some financial issues that held up the completion of some of these big new coasters and none of us have any idea how much of that has been straightened out at this time. Just because SEAS is seemingly squared away with RMC or Premier doesn't mean they are with Intamin. Speaking of RMC - has there been any activity over at Iron Gwazi? Not that I've heard of.

Also, only one of the five new SEAS coasters has actually opened yet, so its not like Pantheon is the only one that might potentially be having issues, mechanical, financial, or otherwise. Not to mention this is only one photo of the train sitting on the launch track, not a series of observations over an extended period of time, and this is certainly not the first time a new Intamin launcher has potentially had issues leading up to (and beyond) its opening, so is that enough of a reason to freak out that the ride isn't going to open? Nope.

What I am trying to say is everybody calm down. I want it to open more than most, trust me. Pantheon is my most anticipated ride on the planet right now. I'm confident it's going to open. But if you're trying to plan trips at the beginning of the season while Covid is still a thing, parks are still kinda trying to figure this out and how and when they are going to debut their new rides and you're not expecting that you may be disappointed that shit is not open/operations are weird/etc, then you just haven't been paying attention at all and you're just doing this all wrong.

This isn't directly at anyone in particular I feel like I've been seeing a lot of this Is PaNthEoN EveR gOinG TO oPeN posts all over the place lately.

Yes, there's been testing going on and videos of it.  I think the point earlier is that we haven't even seen this thing in action or confirmed riders (IG has had lots of humans riding).

EDIT: Same for Ice Breaker at SWO.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:18 PM, anonymouscactus said:

You can still get a $53 ticket after taxes and fees on tickets at work and its affiliates if anyone is looking for a single day ticket on a peak day through April 30

de8e67629e1138f0f59e477b7ada7087.jpg

Just used this offer and will most likely be there April 2nd!

• Like 1

My family is going to be there on April 1st and 2nd.  We will be in the Williamsburg area this Sunday through next Saturday.  Does anyone have recommendations on local restaurants?  We are into seafood, American, Mexican, and Italian food.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, mulfdog said:

My family is going to be there on April 1st and 2nd.  We will be in the Williamsburg area this Sunday through next Saturday.  Does anyone have recommendations on local restaurants?  We are into seafood, American, Mexican, and Italian food.  Thanks!

Every time I go to Williamsburg, I make an effort to eat at Food for Thought.  It’s the #1 rated restaurant on Yelp for a reason.  The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and the service is fantastic.  The pot roast melts in your mouth, the ribs are so tender that the meat falls off the bone, and they have a great take on Pad Thai.  I’ve never had anything there that I didn’t absolutely love.

If your family are big meat eaters, Old City BBQ is another one of our favorites.  Their brisket is some of the best I’ve had outside of Texas.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mulfdog said:

I liked the BBQ at Rocco's Smokehouse. Second St Bistro was good too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mulfdog said:

Plaza Azteca is your best bet for Mexican food.  Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Que  is a local institution if you like a good pulled-pork sammich and hush puppies. For Italian, Guiseppe's (on Olde  Towne Road) or the Tuscany Ristorante (Olde Towne Chopping Center on Longhill) are good choices, as is Maurizio's (on Rt. 60 not far from BGW). La Piazza  in Merchants Square in new, and I did a have nice lunch there a few weeks ago. You also can't go wrong with the Dog Street Pub (Merchant's Square).

If you want a nice, big breakfast, try Shorty's Diner on Rt. 143 or the Five Forks Cafe on Rt. 5.

• Like 1

Pantheon is now doing full course runs. There is footage floating about if you know where to look of the train launching back and forth up the spike and over the top hat and the outerbank.

• Like 1

It looks great in the clips, with some really nice speed, especially for early tests.

I'm sooooo hype for this ride, even more so than Jersey Devil which is an hour from me. I'm sure that will be great, but this just looks like a top 5'er for me. It ticks all my boxes, and that its at BGW is the cherry on top.

• Like 1

Maybe I've missed some sort of official announcement, but is it safe to assume that the full park won't be open (meaning everything currently marked "Temporarily Closed" will be running) until May after the Food & Wine festival?

10 hours ago, coasterbill said:

^That reminds me, we took your Shorty's Diner recommendation and it was a neat place. I can also vouch for that one.

Ill give it a third... old Pizza Hut turned 50's diner

I was at the park today and caught the last test train of the day on the way to Apollo's Chariot.   Here's a short video and some stills.  The outward banked airtime hill looks amazing!

Also in case anyone is wondering, Apollo's Chariot closes for 30 mph sustained winds and 40 mph gusts.  The ride opened late today for this reason.

Pantheon Top Hat.jpg

Pantheon Drop.jpg

165946939_PantheonOutwardBankedHill.thumb.jpg.072f6a8426acd5091ef8bf47048087d9.jpg

• Like 9

Nice timing (I'm a local, and I've yet to see Pantheon testing). I agree that the outward banked turn looks amazing., and I love the color they chose for the track.

Awesome looking ride to add to an already excellent collection of coasters.

Hopefully they will give the station and queue area a bit more love before it opens to match the standard of theming elsewhere in the park.