TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

LOL.  Don't let that affect your travel plans.  It's unenforceable.  If you're legitimately scared of the virus with a .0007% kill rate, by all means stay home, but don't let silly edicts with no consequences that defy logic determine your behavior.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

LOL.  Don't let that affect your travel plans.  It's unenforceable.  If you're legitimately scared of the virus with a .0007% kill rate, by all means stay home, but don't let silly edicts with no consequences that defy logic determine your behavior.

Before this thread derails off course into a COVID discussion, I’ll just keep it simple:  everyone should follow their state and local guidelines.  This isn’t something up for debate on TPR.

Now back to your regularly scheduled BGW discussion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

The thing is, my work knew I was planning on going, and if I went I would have to stay home for 2 weeks under their guidelines as well. Didn’t seem worth the risk.

2 hours ago, qpb2004 said:

The thing is, my work knew I was planning on going, and if I went I would have to stay home for 2 weeks under their guidelines as well. Didn’t seem worth the risk.

It's a good event but a long trip and you have good parks in PA if they stay open. However, actual social distancing is better at BGW ! 

13 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

If you're legitimately scared of the virus with a .0007% kill rate, by all means stay home...

Just doing my duty to fact check this:
2110622985_ScreenShot2020-11-19at7_37_37AM.png.457ed44387853121741502b942967df3.png

250K deaths out of 11.6M cases in the United States = 2.15% "kill rate". 1.34M deaths out of 55.6M cases worldwide = 2.415% "kill rate". Both are several orders of magnitude off from Mike's quoted ".0007% kill rate".

To bring this back on topic, my family has already made the decision to skip the out-of-state Christmas events such as BGW's Christmas Town and and Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas this year, even though they're our usual holiday traditions. But no matter what you end up doing, please be as responsible as you possibly can to safeguard yourself and your loved ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, qpb2004 said:

BGW gave me a refund to spend on tickets, etc. in their parks next season so I will be going once Pantheon opens for sure!

It seems silly to say that’s great service since its the right thing to do, so many concert ticket holders are stuck holding tickets for concerts that have been “rescheduled” instead of canceled, so kudos to them!

• 1 month later...

any word on the official opening date of pantheon? looks like the park has already posted what days they'll be open in march, but no word on pantheon from what i can see. hopefully they have a special opening/media day and invite ACE members.

I could see them doing a media day and maybe passholder preview/auction but I wouldn't get your hopes up for a coaster club preview during a pandemic. I'm sure parks are going to be doing everything and I mean everything to be cost effective and make 2021 as much of a bounce back year as possible.

Yeah, this has me leaning towards a full park opening at the beginning of March (so two weeks earlier than normal) and maybe some winter event until then.

I feel like I need to stop dabbing on Cedar Fair so I won't say a word. I'll just wave to Kings Dominion as I drive by on the way to Busch Gardens for the next 6 months before they finally get around to opening on the 4th of July or whatever.

• Haha 2

They'll survive just like they survive in Northern California where they run a seasonal schedule and a limited-ride Christmas event for absolutely no reason while letting the competition stay open year-round and run circles around them.

It's not like they won't be just fine but they're letting the competition continue to find new revenue streams in quarters where they were never profitable while they sit around and either do nothing or do something totally half-assed.

• Like 1

Great news that they may go year-round (to some extent). I love the trend of expanding operating calendars over the last 5+ years.

I did find it odd that BGW is the only major SeaWorld property that doesn't operate year-round, but I never questioned it since they are located quite a bit farther north than the other 4 parks. If they really do this, Kings Dominion better step up their game fast.

15 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Great news that they may go year-round (to some extent). I love the trend of expanding operating calendars over the last 5+ years.

I did find it odd that BGW is the only major SeaWorld property that doesn't operate year-round, but I never questioned it since they are located quite a bit farther north than the other 4 parks. If they really do this, Kings Dominion better step up their game fast.

That's because the Williamsburg area is usually a ghost town from January to March each year.

That being said, the park is hosting a bunch of weekend events this year, such as "Winter Weekends" and "Mardi Gras."

https://t.co/7xoXBO8iNv?amp=1

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cfc said:

That's because the Williamsburg area is usually a ghost town from January to March each year.

That being said, the park is hosting a bunch of weekend events this year, such as "Winter Weekends" and "Mardi Gras."

https://t.co/7xoXBO8iNv?amp=1

I personally wouldnt mind going earlier, because its been 97° or hotter everytime I went. Riding Invadr like

giphy.gif

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Announces new Special Events and Year-Round Operation

EE5AC8DE-EFC6-4968-88D6-52B2DB304E46.thumb.jpeg.e6f6d3ec5c04c7021919ff7d8bbf03cc.jpeg

New! Winter Weekends (Jan 15-24)

058FBD16-0616-48B6-A005-24FBB80B1C59.thumb.jpeg.a51a39b222a7da6da38c4a621a676699.jpeg

This ALL-NEW limited-capacity January event is sure to delight. Stroll through villages filled with tons of beautiful lights at night, brave the thrills of thirteen rides including three roller coasters and Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™, encounter unique animals not normally featured at the park, participate in special kid activities, and view a spectacular fireworks finale on Saturday evenings.

8A5E37E6-E5EB-4CE3-AC3D-D928767D4D1C.thumb.jpeg.055f25357e272adf1901d3eafa327196.jpeg

See more animals than ever before during Winter Weekends! During the event, guests can enjoy the following animal experiences:

GUEST ANIMAL AMBASSADORS include capuchin monkey, baby kangaroo, lemur, serval, gray fox, vulture, crested porcupine, alligator, plus much more. Guests will be able to see and learn about these amazing animals.

TRAINER TALKS featuring animal ambassadors that call Busch Gardens Williamsburg home, including Clydesdale horses, blackface sheep, gray wolves, birds of prey, border collies and reptiles.

PARTNER KIOSKS around the park offer guests the opportunity to hear first-hand how these wildlife champions and animal advocates are making a difference every day. From education, to conservation, to research, these partners will share how you can join in the cause to support nature.

B07C7E2B-7544-411E-9C68-57E93B130F49.jpeg.6cadacfc9a6d1b38a40d2c2b961bf63d.jpeg

Saturday Night Fireworks

Cap off your Saturday Night at Busch Gardens with a spectacular fireworks show! Fireworks begin at 8:30 PM on January 16 & 23.

New! Mardi Gras (Jan 29-Feb 28)

D48BD3F4-0E0F-49DA-9816-DEFD20A5D248.thumb.jpeg.acf210839dd0886a7c17b1ed6b3cd485.jpeg

Guests won’t have to travel far to indulge and get in the New Orleans spirit as Busch Gardens will let the good times roll with an ALL-NEW limited capacity special event, Mardi Gras. Visitors will be transported to where the “Big Easy” meets big thrills as they stroll through eight decorated villages filled with mouthwatering Cajun food, cocktails, and immersive live entertainment and music. Thirteen roller coasters and attractions, including Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ will also be available for guests to enjoy. Mardi Gras will be offered Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, Jan. 29 – Feb. 28.

Winter Ride Lineup (Now - Feb 28)

Alpengeist*
Verbolten*
InvadR*
Finnegan's Flyer™
Busch Gardens Railway
Li'l Clydes
Le Catapult
Kinder Karussel
Der Roto Baron
Der Wirbelwind
Prince Elmo's Spire
Oscar's Whirly Worm
Grover's Alpine Express

*Please note that colder temperatures or inclement weather conditions may impact ride operations during the event.

• Like 3

I honestly didn’t even get everything in the update post, it’s crazy how many things the park announced.

It should also be noted that St. Patrick’s celebration seems poised to be the new “opening day” of the full park which is two weeks earlier than in the past which is also awesome news but that’s probably subject to change with covid and also not official so I didn’t add it in the post above.

Personally I’m thrilled with all of this. Thrilled...

• Like 1