TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I just realized that Pantheon is like Soaring with Dragon WITH a pre launch launch. How are you guys not loosing your shit? This and Gwazi look to def make a season pass and some travelling worth it!

What is a “pre-launch launch?” And how is it not just a launch?

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Pantheon looks great to me. The layout looks excellent, with lots of cool elements. Intamin continues to evolve and do cool stuff like this (and what they are putting in at Park Asterix and Walabi look nuts).

Now, APPARENTLY on the rumor mill, BGW may have purchased a two-coaster package from Intamin and there may be ANOTHER Intamin coaster going in in 2021 -- they just obtained a ~355ft (forget exact number) FAA height waiver and the distance between the soil bearing tests suggest a coaster, not a tower ride, with work to begin in January 2020. Will use the Drachen Fire station, and possibly a Redforce-like ride with additional things after the launch? Would be unusual for BGW to do back to back major coasters like this, tho, especially two launchers ..... but who knows?

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not sure I like the idea of a 300+ foot monster of a coaster dominating the park's skyline. Every time they add a new coaster, the park seems to become less "pretty", but maybe that's just my changing tastes.

Griffon is one of the most beautiful coasters at BGW in my opinion, but I never saw the France section before it was built. The first thing that took me by surprise when I visited BGW was seeing Griffon from Scotland and how much it dominates it’s plot of land.

InvadR is the only coaster that I think needs more trees. I was underwhelmed by how few trees BGW put back and I’ve never been fan of how much of it you can see from Alpengeist’s bridge.

Count me as one who’s not crazy about a 355 ft anything at BGW ... the idea of it feels out of place.

Griffon is one of the most beautiful coasters at BGW in my opinion, but I never saw the France section before it was built. The first thing that took me by surprise when I visited BGW was seeing Griffon from Scotland and how much it dominates it’s plot of land.

InvadR is the only coaster that I think needs more trees. I was underwhelmed by how few trees BGW put back and I’ve never been fan of how much of it you can see from Alpengeist’s bridge.

100% agreed, Griffon is crazy photogenic and it fits into the area beautifully. InvadR, on the other hand, seems to be the sore thumb in BGW's otherwise amazing theming. The bridge coming in from New France is the best example of this; not only can you see InvadR's placement in the barren wasteland that is the train depot, but Le Scoot is perfectly visible and it seems to be above the ride, which just looks awkward IMO. Not a knock to the park at all, but that significant part of the park has always been weird to me.

I think the whole "New France" section is a bit bizarre as well. As for Griffon I am with the others who think it looks fantastic where it is. I do however think Alpengeist has the best placement as it has a lot of hidden areas you can't see from walking around the park. With all that said this is still one of my favorite parks.

I think Busch knows what they are doing and hey if they get a 300ft+ coaster I don't think it will stop people from coming. I know I will be there day one!

Beautiful but doesn't look like traditional Intamin track does it?

Looks like second-gen Intamin track to me. I'm pretty sure that they're using a different track design for their newer major coasters- Hyperion and Red Force come to mind as examples.

I kinda like the "teaser renderings". Now I do love the cedar fair videos and POVs and that sort, but the teasers and illustrations BG has been putting out makes it sort of more mysterious... like in the old days when all you really had from the parks was a logo and a couple of drawings to go by.

Love the promotional content! Probably going to be a BG/SW passholder for the first time next year!

This will be my second time I'm getting a Platinum Season Pass so I can use that pass to visit two other parks in Florida: Seaworld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa, plus a revisit to Watercountry USA that's nearby. The 2020 season is going to be awesome!!!