TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

The ride is smooth anyway and the trains look exactly the same. What am I missing?

Assuming this is actually different, why would a chain that can't afford to keep a dark ride in Williamsburg open or 2 kiddy rides in Tampa open spend money putting a new train on a coaster that's already really good that nobody will notice anyway? I'm confused.

The ride is smooth anyway and the trains look exactly the same. What am I missing?

Assuming this is actually different, why would a chain that can't afford to keep a dark ride in Williamsburg open or 2 kiddy rides in Tampa open spend money putting a new train on a coaster that's already really good that nobody will notice anyway? I'm confused.

I mean, anyone over 5'8" would probably notice a marked improvement if they switched to new Vekoma trains, but more Arrow trains? Feh.

I mean, anyone over 5'8" would probably notice a marked improvement if they switched to new Vekoma trains, but more Arrow trains? Feh.

I'm 6'4" and I fit just fine in the current trains. That being said, after experiencing the new trains at SFOG I would LOVE to see them make their way over to BGW. The comfort and smoothness of the new trains is a much welcomed improvement.

Hey everyone how is opening day for the park usually crowd wise? I'm not looking for an answer of oh it's dead haha I know it's opening day and probably busy I just don't want dick to ass busy. We're not in dire need of riding anything in particular just see some shows drink some beer you know that kind of thing haha. With Battle for Eire looking like it's not going to be ready for opening we've been on everything else before we'll just be in the area because of Twisted Timbers Media Day so trying to decide between going here or somewhere like SFGAdv on Saturday. Leaning towards BGW obviously unless it's crazy super busy on opening day.

Sorry for breaking conversation about the new trains... Don't see any difference btw... But does Busch gardens offer any type of evening/after X time admission? I tried looking online and couldn't find anything.

No unfortunately.

Darn.... So that brings me to my next question, since we'll only be passing trough basically to get our invadr credit, is there any discounts/passes that can get us in cheaper? I know clubtpr offers discounts but those details aren't available yet.

Check out this site for some of the latest discounts. https://www.williamsburgfamilies.com/check-latest-busch-gardens-discounts/ There is currently one for $25 off a single day admission, there are also deals for Active Duty Military, Retired Military and First Responders. In the past, Groupon has had a BGW single day admission deal for around $45 that popped up later in the Spring and again in the Fall.

Check out this site for some of the latest discounts. https://www.williamsburgfamilies.com/check-latest-busch-gardens-discounts/ There is currently one for $25 off a single day admission, there are also deals for Active Duty Military, Retired Military and First Responders. In the past, Groupon has had a BGW single day admission deal for around $45 that popped up later in the Spring and again in the Fall.

Thank you!!!

^See, I'm not sure...I look at this and feel like they've found a way to make VR MORE complicated!

Agreed...   And I wonder how much research has gone into how coaster fans are, in fact, actually responding to VR.  I can definitely see the appeal on "indoor simulator coasters," but I find it tough to believe that VR will prove as exciting as the rush you get when 'real' scenery flies by, and your 'co-riders' scream and laugh with you in a wild communal experience.

Alice

^See, I'm not sure...I look at this and feel like they've found a way to make VR MORE complicated!

Agreed... And I wonder how much research has gone into how coaster fans are, in fact, actually responding to VR. I can definitely see the appeal on "indoor simulator coasters," but I find it tough to believe that VR will prove as exciting as the rush you get when 'real' scenery flies by, and your 'co-riders' scream and laugh with you in a wild communal experience.

Alice

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how much research has gone into how coaster fans are, in fact, actually responding to VR. I can definitely see the appeal on "indoor simulator coasters," but I find it tough to believe that VR will prove as exciting as the rush you get when 'real' scenery flies by, and your 'co-riders' scream and laugh with you in a wild communal experience.

It is for this reason that I'd like to see VR on Verbolten eventually. VR is a huge improvement over a sparse show building.

Edited by SLCHeadache