TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Question about Quick Queue at BGW:

-Online, I see there is a version that includes InVadR and Tempesto - but only in the season-long format (and costs $555)! Do they offer this on a one-day basis as well? Or are you pretty much restricted from getting expedited access to those two rides this season?

Firstly, awesome drawing. I love the detail.

Secondly, while I do agree Ireland could use a roller coaster (and would love to see one), you have to remember that roller coasters aren't the only draw for people to theme parks. For many people, the quiet nature of the Ireland section is a paradise of sorts away from the louder areas. It's a relatively secluded area. Putting in a big ride like a roller coaster would ruin that for many people.

Thanks StarWars ... and I agree with you on Ireland. At the end of my post, I mentioned about a solid shooter dark ride ... maybe even trackless, so it would easily fit the area, adds to the overall architecture and of course, it's quiet.

I don't see the Drachen Fire site ever being used again. It's too off the beaten path ... unless they made a new train station stop. Problem mostly solved.

Firstly, awesome drawing. I love the detail.

Secondly, while I do agree Ireland could use a roller coaster (and would love to see one), you have to remember that roller coasters aren't the only draw for people to theme parks. For many people, the quiet nature of the Ireland section is a paradise of sorts away from the louder areas. It's a relatively secluded area. Putting in a big ride like a roller coaster would ruin that for many people.

Thanks StarWars ... and I agree with you on Ireland. At the end of my post, I mentioned about a solid shooter dark ride ... maybe even trackless, so it would easily fit the area, adds to the overall architecture and of course, it's quiet.

I don't see the Drachen Fire site ever being used again. It's too off the beaten path ... unless they made a new train station stop. Problem mostly solved.

A train station would be perfect, but I've heard people say it's impossible in that location due to terrain or something. Something along the lines of an incline that the train needs to be at a specific speed to climb. Not sure how true it is. And if I'm not mistaken it's a specific train (not all of them). I'm sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject could chime in.

I'm not going to say it's impossible to build a train station in that location, but it would take a significant amount of work. The grade in that location constantly rises about 14 feet from the train bridge to Caribou Train Station. The stretch from the bridge to the new station would have to be steeper than it currently is to allow the stretch from the new station to Caribou to be more gradual therefore the trains would be able to accelerate uphill easier. A new train station there would probably help in a decision of building a new coaster in the old Drachen Fire site if not be part of a joint project. A couple years ago, I came up with a concept for a B&M Flying coaster for the site also built in with a new stage for the concerts, HOS mazes, and the various things they currently use Festhaus Park for. The concept didn't have a train station, however, but it wouldn't have been difficult to include one.

I think after Invadr the next big project for the park may finally be a new country. One can only speculate what country and where.

- Spain

- Greece (maybe redundant with Festa)

- Nordic States

- Russia

- The Netherlands and/or Belgium

I'm grasping for ideas but some of these might be cool to see how they pull them off (because they would). And I have no idea where they would be.

I think after Invadr the next big project for the park may finally be a new country. One can only speculate what country and where.

- Spain

- Nordic States

- Russia

I'm grasping for ideas but some of these might be cool to see how they pull them off (because they would). And I have no idea where they would be.

Maybe Switzerland (though, like your Greece example, it might be too redundant, this time with Germany). B&M could then build a new roller coaster for them, which would be fun, as they are based in Switzerland. As to where it would go, I have no clue. There is that one area right by Italy, which I think is currently used for the horses. Also, there is that area called "the boneyard" in the woods near the old Drachen Fire spot. If they combined that area and the old Drachen Fire spot, that would be ample size for a new country, but I have a feeling the neighbors would object to the construction there.

Edited by StarWars

- Spain

- Nordic States

- Russia

Maybe Switzerland (though, like you're Greece example, it might be too redundant, this time with Germany). B&M could then build a new roller coaster for them, which would be fun, as they are based in Switzerland. As to where it would go, I have no clue. There is that one area right by Italy, which I think is currently used for the horses. Also, there is that area called "the boneyard" in the woods near the old Drachen Fire spot. If they combined that area and the old Drachen Fire spot, that would be ample size for a new country, but I have a feeling the neighbors would object to the construction there.

Yup thats the area I was referring too. It is a pretty decent sized plot of land.

Longtime lurker here .

I always thought they should re-theme New France to Norway, considering Canada isn't in Europe. It wouldn't be that hard. A few textual changes here and there, some grass on roofing. InvadR would be even more thematically appropriate!

I always thought they should re-theme New France to Norway, considering Canada isn't in Europe. It wouldn't be that hard. A few textual changes here and there, some grass on roofing. InvadR would be even more thematically appropriate!

However this would cause BGW to lose some of its best attraction names. Le Catapult

Longtime lurker here .

I've thought this for while too. And while InvadR would make sense in Norway, it also makes sense in the context of Canada (Vikings attacking a fur trapping village). I don't think it'll change.

Also we really need Spain with a Maverick style Intamin coaster.

Longtime lurker here .

I've thought this for while too. And while InvadR would make sense in Norway, it also makes sense in the context of Canada (Vikings attacking a fur trapping village). I don't think it'll change.

Vikings attacking a trapper village would make "sense" if they somehow entered a wormhole and ended up 600+ years in the future.

This might be the best park/coaster related idea ever. An Intamin Blitz @ BGW?

However this would cause BGW to lose some of its best attraction names. Le Catapult

How about "Katapulten"?

I don't see a need for a new themed area. I'd rather the park just make the good parts even better.

Also, this will be the second coaster installment in two years. The latest coaster isn't finished yet and people are already talking about a new area with another coaster? Can we live in the present moment for a little bit, first?

I don't see a need for a new themed area. I'd rather the park just make the good parts even better.

Also, this will be the second coaster installment in two years. The latest coaster isn't finished yet and people are already talking about a new area with another coaster? Can we live in the present moment for a little bit, first?

You may not see the need for the area but its been a rumor for the park for the past few years. Aftet adding two coasters between 2015-2017 we could see some small installations the next few years until they make a big announcement for around 2020 or so.

Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

Oh yeah, I'm sure an entirely new land and centerpiece coaster is totally within Sea World Entertainment's current budget.

This may have been the plan at one point (who really knows?), but given their current financial situation and their remarks on their most recent conference call I don't think it's reasonable for the foreseeable future.

I think it really depends on how much revenue these large investments at the Sea World parks turns out. It they're successful and generate some revenue I'm sure they'll turn more attention back towards the Busch Parks. Maybe 2020 is a tad bit early for that though.