TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

It's not the insane ride that we hoped for but it looks like a solid family ride, I'd imagine the height requirement is going to be 46" like White Lightning.

Yup, and 46" has already been confirmed. This looks like a fun little ride, and a nice fit for the park. I'm intrigued by the steel supports on a wooden coaster. It's like reverse topper track lol.

Just thought I'd add I really like the "pre-drop" run. If it runs at that speed with no bank in real life, that'll be a nice little thrill, and maybe a good pop of air time on the (now 81 foot) drop! This looks like it's going to be a really fun "first big coaster" for people, and still a fun thrill for adults. Shame they couldn't have gone for a 42" restriction, but what can you do?

Official InvadR POV animation.

It's got a tunnel. . . Already better than Valravn.

Though I must say, then when I watched the POV for the first time, after the tunnel I said to myself "Well, that was a tunnel just for the sake of "having a tunnel" only! Still, it's a tunnel, so it's cool! Definitely looking forward to riding it next year, and both of my older kids adored White Lighting (as did their father), so they will likely love this too! Nicely done, BGW!

I like the coaster's layout. Not too concerned with the height restriction. I think the park will hear people's concerns and build a coaster for 42 inch kids soon. It's clear that Busch Gardens is wanting to boost their coaster count. Both parks will have 8 each by next year. I'll be patient with the park and trust that they'll fill in the missing pieces of what's needed. They already have a lot...anything more is just icing on the cake.

Hard to form an opinion based on the animation. GCI has done a great job packing a punch with their small coasters so I'm hoping we get that on this one. The animation makes it seem a little slow, but I've never really trusted animation to convey speed. I'm hoping this thing turns out to be a like El Toro in Germany, small but awesome.

I feel like I need to wait until I see the actual real-life POV before I can make a judgment. As it stands, I'm less than impressed with it, but that could just be due to the rendering. I felt the same about Storm Chaser when I first saw the rendered version, but have drastically revised my opinion after watching the real thing, so I look forward to seeing that sometime next year.

This is really different from any other GCI I've seen. More turns are underbanked and it'll be one of the few with a straight drop. I was totally not expecting a pre-drop turn. It really does seem to fit the family coaster bill though.

I hope they keep most of the trees around the ride, it will just enhance tbe experience of the ride. Flying around the trees.

Same here.

I don't put a lot of stock in these initial animated renderings, but if this coaster is as good as White Lightning in Orlando, I'll be happy with it.