TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

In the latest BGW Blog entry, there appears to be a No Limits screen shot of the coaster and it shows a single track.

http://www.buschgardensvablog.com/name-game-naming-busch-gardens-first-wooden-coaster

At the risk of sounding pretentious, that seems like a lower-than-expected quality of media image for the new coaster. I'm not opposed to parks using NoLimits2 for their demos, in fact, I applaud it because it's VERY sophisticated software. However, they're using the default tunnel and trees, without inclusion of other models. I feel like there are amateur NL2 users who are creating more professional looking things that what's in that screenshot.

At the risk of sounding pretentious,

"Risk of"?

I undertand what you are saying DrachenfireOP but personally, I could careless about the look of the virtual pov. As long as I get the jist of it, im okay because the real pov will come out eventually or better yet, go and ride it.

At the risk of sounding pretentious,

"Risk of"?

I undertand what you are saying DrachenfireOP but personally, I could careless about the look of the virtual pov. As long as I get the jist of it, im okay because the real pov will come out eventually or better yet, go and ride it.

Totally agree, it's just a surprise since BGW normally has very sophisticated concept art/teaser images. Also the Cobras Curse teaser for their sister park was AAA+. But then again, the teaser art for Tempesto was "coaster? What coaster!?" So there is that.

So it looks like BGW knew something we didn't know (just kidding) but National Geographic posted an article the other day about archeologist who found a Viking settlement in Canada years before other Europeans had arrived in the New World.

Hey Everyone!

Haven't been the park in a few years and have a quick question... Does the park still not allow book bags/bags in general in some of the ride stations? Last time I went we could not bring our bags in the Apollo's Chariot station and had to pay to store it.

Thanks!

^In general, if you can't keep it your stuff in your pockets, it has to go in a locker. I know that ride ops provide a a one-use fanny pack for Tempesto, as well as a small basket in the station for a few items.

Well its official, the results came in. The new rides name is officially Invadr.

I think if they themed it to lumberjacks or wendigos, they would've been OK.

So what happened to the "e"?

Just curious.

They addressed this in their most recent blog post

Why must you misspell names, such as the “K” Klash and removing the “e” from InvadR?

I’ve got to admit, this is a personal peeve of mine, too. But sometimes we modify words intentionally to coin a proprietary name that speaks to the particular attraction. Verbolten is a prime example: we added the “l” to the German word verboten to highlight the lightning bolt effect in the ride.

Some of the choices this time were meant to reflect common Viking spelling preferences, but incorporated with English words most consumers would recognize. That’s why Battle Klash has a “k” instead of a “c”. And InvadR follows the pattern of numerous Old Norse names that end in “r”, often capitalized, such as AlflakR, GeflaugR, JórulfR, VrangR, KetilalfR and BramR. We aren’t trying to suggest InvadR is a Viking word, but rather using the style of other Viking names with a common English word that fits the ride. (And it probably didn’t help that we have posted it online in all capital letters, so one doesn’t see the effect of the capital R.)

Actually, and because I know it's not the 'finalized' concept video, this one looks/feels like to me,

a rather jaunty little stroll through the woods. No inversions. Nice and country.

Works for me. For now. Could be a "stealth" wooden coaster also, lol.