TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Looks like BGW will be getting their first ever wood coaster, a GCI, using leftover parts from Gwazi.

I heard they are using parts of Drachen Fire and Big Bad Wolf as well. Looks like they are creating some sort of....FrankenCoaster.

In all seriousness, I've seen a few leaks that this will indeed be a wooden coaster. I'm thinking Gravity Group with those trains I posted a few pages back.

Me? I'm looking at trying out this one...surprised you didn't notice this one right away, Guy!

Just imagining asking the bar tender "May I try a lickinghole please?" Or "one large lickinghole please!"

Already guessing much time will be spent at the craft beer has this season, and also thrilled to see the Octoberfest is returning in the Fall!

I would probably feel awkward and gently whisper "Ummm...I'd like one Lickinghole, please" to the bartender and then he would holler at the top of his lungs: "One request for a Lickinghole Till Sunset for this gentleman standing right here in front of me!"

I would definitely do the Oktoberfest again if we can make it down that way...it was a lot of fun last year!

Since I think it's not well looked upon to discuss (or post links from) other sites, I will say I just saw a well known BGW fan site tweet that the new ride is from GCI. Don't know the veracity of the tweet. If true, a wooden coaster make sense for that particular area of the park.

Since I think it's not well looked upon to discuss (or post links from) other sites, I will say I just saw a well known BGW fan site tweet that the new ride is from GCI. Don't know the veracity of the tweet. If true, a wooden coaster make sense for that particular area of the park.

Yes thats what is being thrown around along with the name SilverStriker and StrikeWinder.

Not all sites--just some sites in particular.

Based on the leaked layout, the new ride reminds me a lot of Prowler - and that's a very good thing.

Based on how small and short the plans appear to be I'd bet something along the lines of "Prowler meets White Lightning." A family GCI wood coaster if that's the case. I wonder why they're announcing so early though--but the marketing department knows what they're doing.

Many pages back, someone figured out the layout of the coaster almost perfectly (there are minor deviations from the actual layout, but the general layout is there). Props to you! Also to echo some of the rumors: If Silver Strike is indeed the name, the fact that it interacts with Le Scoot, it would make sense for the new coaster to be mine themed. I hope the coaster's cars look like mine carts. And though the plans don't show it, I hope the themeing around the ride reflects that. I wonder if that section that goes under the (new?) Le Scoot access road is made to look like the inside of a mine.

I'm expecting the interactions with Le Scoot to be pretty epic and if it is anything like White Lightening or Prowler we can be looking at something truly spectacular here.

I also think if they go with mine themed cars the shorter train like on White Lightening would work perfectly.

I'm expecting the interactions with Le Scoot to be pretty epic and if it is anything like White Lightening or Prowler we can be looking at something truly spectacular here.

I also think if they go with mine themed cars the shorter train like on White Lightening would work perfectly.

What could be neat with Silver Strike (assuming that's the name) is if they remove the minimum amount of trees possible. Whizzing by the trees would enhance the sense of speed. Also, looking at the plans, it seems that Le Scoot goes over part of Silver Strike's queue. I'm wondering if they will do something to keep the people underneath the flume dry or if getting drenched is part of the fun.

Love the name Silver Strike, hope the rumors are true! The prospect of a White Lightning sized GCI sounds perfect for BGW!!

Agree. Looking at TPR's overview for the park, they lament the lack of a big "family" coaster. White Lightning looks like the perfect family coaster. Hopefully Silver Strike is too!

Looks like it will cross the train tracks twice an go under the access road (plans call for a TAM ? bridge over the ride's trench). On the return it will run alongside the train and cross under itself.

And sorry to those looking for it to go into Le Scoot's valley. It wont. It will however go twice under the turns right after Le Scoot's lifts. If you go to page 6, you can see the rest of the picture posted above me, which does include Alpengiest's situation. It will be across the ravine to project 2017 and will not interact.

Edited by RollerManic

Looks like it will cross the train tracks twice an go under the access road (plans call for a TAM ? bridge over the ride's trench). On the return it will run alongside the train and cross under itself.

And sorry to those looking for it to go into Le Scoot's valley. It wont. It will however go twice under the turns right after Le Scoot's lifts. If you go to page 6, you can see the rest of the picture posted above me, which does include Alpengiest's situation. It will be across the ravine to project 2017 and will bot interact.

Huh? I count four times.