TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Maybe the 2012 plans are a clue to the manufacture...Zierer.

Hmm--interesting thought. They did have a good experience working with Zierer to get the bugs out of Verbolten.

I think the caution sign is a clue...and also the 2012 plans... I would love to see this park get a large coaster. Verbolten opened in 2012, which I know isn't considered to be a large coaster, but still. I'm hopeful! Hopefully its something really really big in size since they're making a big deal about the announcement, and like other people said, so early!

I honestly don't understand this kind of comment.

We visited BGW for the first time in 2015, and found it to be a stunning and amazing park (with the only real dud "Europe in the Air").

but I can't imagine they would bother with "a large coaster" as you put it.

they already have Several:

Apollo's Chariot -- large, thrill coaster

Alpengeist -- large, thrill coaster

Griffon -- large, thrill coaster

Tempesto -- large, thrill coaster

Loch Ness Monster -- large, thrill coaster (yes, it IS, it has two loops).

the only real "family" coaster they have is Verbolten. . so yeah, I can absolutely see them getting a family coaster, similar to Cobra's Curse, and that's likely the best move FOR the park.

This might make me hold off on visiting the park again until next year. I was considering going this year since it's a great park and I haven't been on Tempesto yet (I've been on SFDK's Superman so there is no huge urge anyways) but I will definitely wait to hear this announcement!

I'm hoping it's an awesome coaster, but even if it isn't, it's clearly something major.

I always forget they have Tempesto. Was the 'caution, extreme drop ahead' sign a relevant clue to anything? Could point to something big.

Wasn't that a prop from Verbolten?

No mention of the Instagram post and the picture in the video of Larry Giles with the beard. Leads me to think whatever it might be is going to have a lumberjack theme. Family Coaster like Cobra Curse where you are dodging falling trees?

^Unless there's lighting/thunder within in the area, the rides usually remain open when its raining.

This has been my experience as well. I've been to the park twice when it rained lightly almost all day and all of the rides were open. I can't speak about Tempesto though since my last visit was before it was built.

I would have to be raining really hard before BGW shut down its coasters. Wind will stop operations on the Skyride, though.

Edited by cfc

Wind will stop operations on the Skyride, though.

ugh, believe me I know. I have an unhealthy love affair with Sky Rides and Log Flumes and in all my visits to this park (probably 4 or 5) I've never ridden either. I need to fix this immediately.

I think the caution sign is a clue...and also the 2012 plans... I would love to see this park get a large coaster. Verbolten opened in 2012, which I know isn't considered to be a large coaster, but still. I'm hopeful! Hopefully its something really really big in size since they're making a big deal about the announcement, and like other people said, so early!

I honestly don't understand this kind of comment.

We visited BGW for the first time in 2015, and found it to be a stunning and amazing park (with the only real dud "Europe in the Air").

but I can't imagine they would bother with "a large coaster" as you put it.

they already have Several:

Apollo's Chariot -- large, thrill coaster

Alpengeist -- large, thrill coaster

Griffon -- large, thrill coaster

Tempesto -- large, thrill coaster

Loch Ness Monster -- large, thrill coaster (yes, it IS, it has two loops).

the only real "family" coaster they have is Verbolten. . so yeah, I can absolutely see them getting a family coaster, similar to Cobra's Curse, and that's likely the best move FOR the park.

lol k.

Is the new craft beer house opening with the park?

It should be ready for the new season. This new Brauhaus is just a small renovation of the former Festhaus Kaffee in Das Festhaus. They'll have a nice selection of brews in there and I can't wait to check it out!

I just got this in an e-mail from the park