TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I think it's hilarious that some people are still wanting/expecting another multi-launch coaster after literally receiving two (both family and thrilling) in the past 4 years! hahaha

Maybe some people forgot about the fact they installed two, because you know... One of them was kind of installed without the park even acknowledging that they were building it.

Sadly, I had forgot about both Verbolten, and Tempesto.

I was just saying that the advantages of a multi-launch coaster are hard to ignore, especially if you have height restrictions, possibly self-imposed. It would be odd and different to use launching to make a otherwise mild coaster work better... not that we know anything, but there might be a void to be filled there.

For a park with only 7 coasters to have 4 adult coasters, I just can't see them getting a 5th.

As I think an RMC is out of the question, I'm hoping for a GCI! I think it could fulfill the woodie void and add to the mid-size, family coaster range! But I still think we're more likely to see a Mack Spinner.

I agree, what this park really needs is a coaster that's family friendly, but still appeals to thrill seekers with a cool, unique layout (preferably a ride that's one of the best of it's type). I'm probably asking for too much though, where could they ever find a coaster like that...

Oh

Not sure why I'm being called a troll.

Me neither. See THAT's how you troll a BGW thread. (though I'm being slightly serious, lol)

Although I'm not sure of its height requirements, doesn't Verbolten also fill that roll?

Alpengeist blows Banshee to hell anyway. They're not even comparable.

B&M Inverts from 1992-2001 are easily their best work IMO.

Agreed. Banshee isn't a bad ride, but Alpengeist is still my favorite invert of B&M, and Raptor, Fire Dragon, Ice Dragon, and BTR all rank above Banshee for me. Doesn't mean I dislike Banshee at all, just liked the ol' high-force days of B&M.

Although I'm not sure of its height requirements, doesn't Verbolten also fill that roll?

Kind of, though it's not as family-oriented as Big Bad Wolf was. For one thing, Verboten has a 48" requirement up from Big Bad Wolf's 42". But what plonks Verboten into the "thrills" category is that it's marketed as a scary experience.

A German tourist center serves as the ride entrance and as the launching point for an autobahn touring experience. An unexpected detour launches riders into the verboten Black Forest. A lightning fast, multi-sensory dash through the dark and foreboding woods ends with a terrifying 88-foot plunge toward the Rhine River that will leave everyone breathless.

I don't know about you, but I think that is enough to make guests with families think twice before putting their kids on Verbolten with them. I don't think that Big Bad Wolf was a family coaster either, but it was definitely more approachable.

I don't know about you, but I think that is enough to make guests with families think twice before putting their kids on Verbolten with them. I don't think that Big Bad Wolf was a family coaster either, but it was definitely more approachable.

Yes, nothing is more heartwarming than a village that's been abandoned because of a vicious marauding wolf.

Yes, nothing is more heartwarming than a village that's been abandoned because of a vicious marauding wolf.

Ah, reminds me of my childhood. Good times! Good times!

Who flies, too!

I mean, I don't disagree with you, but if I were a child, I'd rather know straight away that a coaster was themed to The Big Bad Wolf than wonder what lies inside of Verbolten's show building.

I mean, I don't disagree with you, but if I were a child, I'd rather know straight away that a coaster was themed to The Big Bad Wolf than wonder what lies inside of Verbolten's show building.

If I was a child watching the pre-show videos I would be excited waiting for the free milk.

If this is going to be a spinning coaster I am going to be severely dissapointed.

Even is Cobra's Curse is a huge hit and everyone absolutely loves it?

And a spinning coaster is something the park doesn't have, so, why not? It's not my favorite type of ride, either, but can be a lot of fun if themed properly (for example, Winjas at Phantasialand).