TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Somebody on parkfans.net drew a realistically possible coaster layout on top of BGW's "leaked" drawings. I'm still betting on a Mack Spinner with an elevator lift, very similar to Cobra's Curse. The drawing looks really good, IMO. I don't think this layout would be for a wooden coaster or a B&M. The upper building is the station with entrance and exit paths leading from it. The lower building might possibly be an elevator lift like Cobra's Curse? What do you guys think?

I'm still betting on a Mack Spinner with an elevator lift, very similar to Cobra's Curse.

I highly doubt that it's going to be a Mack Spinner. (But that's just my opinion.)

I personally think, maybe an Intamin multi-launch like Chettah Hunt at BGT.

^ I feel like Verbolten kind of fills in the family launcher role quite well. You've also got Tempesto, another launcher that opened recently. I wouldn't complain if this was an Intamin launcher but I just feel like the park will go for something different than those.

The nice thing about multi-launch is staying low to the ground. It also can increase throughput because the ride is shorter without a slow lift, worth a little higher cost.

RMC does do urethane wheeled wood coasters now, that could change things. Or their monorail steel design could interest the park.

There are some hills in the area. If it drops down the ravine where Le Scoot and Alpie are it could be a considerable drop. Imagine the coaster interacting with those two rides.

And Busch Gardens turning into Hersheypark? No thanks.

Please! .. well not really. They're a long way away from that. They've done well with some ride interactions with each other and the scenery so far without making the whole park like that. In fact it's necessary to compress ride areas to keep other parts empty.

I think it's hilarious that some people are still wanting/expecting another multi-launch coaster after literally receiving two (both family and thrilling) in the past 4 years! hahaha

I agree I hope Busch Gardens is not trying to go take the launch capital crown from Kings Dominion! On a serious note I don't think it is a launch coaster. I would like a roller coaster that engages and interacts with the great terrain out there.

I think it's hilarious that some people are still wanting/expecting another multi-launch coaster after literally receiving two (both family and thrilling) in the past 4 years! hahaha

I also find this to be a bit odd; however, I certainly wouldn't mind having a ride like Cheetah Hunt a mere 20 minutes from my house.

I also find this to be a bit odd; however, I certainly wouldn't mind having a ride like Cheetah Hunt a mere 20 minutes from my house.

Wasn't Verbolten supposed to be Zierer's answer to Cheetah Hunt, anyway? I do agree with you Chuck, Cheetah Hunt is excellent, as is Manta in San Diego. I wish BGW went with Intamin or Mack on that project instead of Zierer - I wasn't too impressed with Verbolten, unfortunately.

My guess, new generation B&M Invert like Banshee.

For some outlandish reason I think you're wrong.

......Alpinegeist?

P.S. Nice troll job

Well duh, I forgot about Alpinegeist.

I feel stupid now.

Not sure why I'm being called a troll.

This is the one case where I wouldn't want a B&M. BGW may the the best collection of B&M's around, a hyper, an Invert, and a Dive? Those are my three favorite types right there! I personally wouldn't really want anything else from B&M here. I also don't think they need any other adult steel coasters. For a park with only 7 coasters to have 4 adult coasters, I just can't see them getting a 5th.

As I think an RMC is out of the question, I'm hoping for a GCI! I think it could fulfill the woodie void and add to the mid-size, family coaster range! But I still think we're more likely to see a Mack Spinner.

Edited by chickenbowl

This is the one case where I wouldn't want a B&M. BGW may the the best collection of B&M's around, a hyper, an Invert, and a Dive? Those are my three favorite types right there! I personally wouldn't really want anything else from B&M here. I also don't think they need any other adult steel coasters. For a park with only 7 coasters to have 4 adult coasters, I just can't see them getting a 5th.

As I think an RMC is out of the question, I'm hoping for a GCI! I think it could fulfill the woode void and add to the mid-size, family coaster range!

Why would RMC be out of the question? They are the quietist wooden coasters you can get.

I think an RMC woodie in the style of Boulder Dash is highly possible! It doesn't need to be huge to be thrilling!

Why would RMC be out of the question? They are the quietist wooden coasters you can get.

I think an RMC woodie in the style of Boulder Dash is highly possible! It doesn't need to be huge to be thrilling!

Personal opinion, I suppose. But I would love to have what you're suggesting!

For a park with only 7 coasters to have 4 adult coasters, I just can't see them getting a 5th.

As I think an RMC is out of the question, I'm hoping for a GCI! I think it could fulfill the woodie void and add to the mid-size, family coaster range! But I still think we're more likely to see a Mack Spinner.

I agree, what this park really needs is a coaster that's family friendly, but still appeals to thrill seekers with a cool, unique layout (preferably a ride that's one of the best of it's type). I'm probably asking for too much though, where could they ever find a coaster like that...

Oh

Not sure why I'm being called a troll.

Me neither. See THAT's how you troll a BGW thread. (though I'm being slightly serious, lol)

Edited by coasterbill

Personal opinion, I suppose. But I would love to have what you're suggesting!

It makes sense. It gives them a wooden coaster but without the noise and a use of the terrain!