TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I do not believe this will be a spinner IMO. CC has not even opened yet, why would they jump ahead and give BW one when they don't even know the turnout of CC yet? I think it will be something big that would actually make sense for this kind of teasing this early.

I'm thinking RMC or GCI.

I was just wondering, can anyone make any sense out of that "leaked" drawing??? I know I can't and I'd love to hear some of your ideas about what it is.

Same here, David....I have no clue as to what I am looking at.

If I had to guess by what is near the bottom of the drawing, I would say 'Small Intestine - The Ride'?

Capture.JPG.cb4f34484375323e84881a5056b08c06.JPG

Sure if a park asked them too, why turn down busniess? I think during IAAPA they pointed out their "Raptor" track would be for smaller kiddie/family coasters.

But the concept vid shows a RMC mega lite.

concept vid.

Edited by WolfBobs

Judging by how it seems to connect to a plaza at one end and there's a a staircase at the other, I'd think it's some sort of pathway (queue/walkthrough area/etc).

My thoughts exactly. Notice that there is a little "gate" where it bunches into itself. That tells me that there is a place to open a gate when the line is short, and close it when the line is long. Alpengeist has a very similar queue system. There's the ramp to the station when the line is short, a long walk around to the covered queue when the line is longer, then a third lower path closer to the log flume for an even more extended queue. The fact that there is a stairwell to the building at the end of this snaking path makes me think it's a queue line to a queue house. Also, another part of the plans has an "alternate ADA entrance" on it.

That said, these buildings are tiny. I guess they are technically large enough to be a queue house for a smaller coaster, but I really don't think they're big enough to be a coaster house/train barn for a big league coaster. Then again, I really don't go around memorizing square footage of current stations.

Sure if a park asked them too, why turn down busniess? I think during IAAPA they pointed out their "Raptor" track would be for smaller kiddie/family coasters.

"Concept" vid.

Why do you have quotation marks around concept? I spelled it right, and it isn't confirmed to go to any parks, and I spelled it right. You should be putting quotation marks around vid, not concept.

I think it could be these are plans for some other small improvements in that area of the park and not even quite the 2017 attraction plans.

However if you look closely when the engineer flips over the papers sitting down on the left, you get a glimpse of something that looks like wooden roller coaster track. There is also wood background at the end of the video.

No, thats an elevation map of the layout. Im bot sure of the exact name.

"Concept" vid.

Why do you have quotation marks around concept? I spelled it right, and it isn't confirmed to go to any parks, and I spelled it right. You should be putting quotation marks around vid, not concept.

Perhaps he was using quotation marks for emphasis; in that case, italics would've been more appropriate.

And let's not get too bent out of shape here, folks. Thank you.

"Concept" vid.

Perhaps he was using quotation marks for emphasis; in that case, italics would've been more appropriate.

And let's not get too bent out of shape here, folks. Thank you.

Changed it to italics, my whole point was if you're saying they couldn't use the Raptor track for a smaller coaster because a concept video was showing it being used for something else that's a little naive. It had nothing to do with spelling.

Am I the only thinking this is just a distraction from BGW themselves.. They may of purposely leaked it to get us off their scent you know, has happened before...

I can see that. I'm sure we all remember when KI purposely "leaked" their plans for The Bat B&M Wing Coaster. Or when Carowinds purposely leaked the Centurion logo? In both cases, not only was the actual ride completely different, but they even acknowledged the leak in their speeches ("...before I let...the bat out of the cage"... and "...it feels like we've been waiting for a centurion (century on) news...")

^As I said earlier . . .

^They have built one nice new bathroom in Fort New France and renovated the Festhaus bathrooms over the last few years. Perhaps they are building the Taj Mahal of toilets!

I'm betting all my chips on a wooden coaster. First the hammer, and then the wooden background at the end of the video.

I really hope this is the case. A RMC woodie along the lines of Outlaw Run or Lightning Rod would be the best case scenario IMO and give the park another top notch attraction. Plus it would be vastly difference than their other coaster offerings and maybe give hope for an eventual RMC makeover of Gwazi.