TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Somehow I doubt this is for the main attraction in 2017. If they are teasing something this early, chances are it's more significant.

Like more bathroom renovations?

It is getting interesting.

Somehow I doubt this is for the main attraction in 2017. If they are teasing something this early, chances are it's more significant.

Like more bathroom renovations?

It is getting interesting.

I agree, these doc.s seem a little too simplified to be for a major project. The cadences (the tone of their voices as they talk) in the first promo tell me that they're very anxious about this project, and if its as small as these plans suggest, parks are rarely this excited for such a small attraction. Something's happening that we're not seeing yet.

^They have built one nice new bathroom in Fort New France and renovated the Festhaus bathrooms over the last few years. Perhaps they are building the Taj Mahal of toilets!

^ This was in a shopping mall I visited (along with heated toilet seats) to help make sure people know how to use a urinal correctly. If it's going to be the Taj Mahal of toilets, I expect every urinal to come with this mat made out of genuine unicorn hair.

IMG_5329.thumb.JPG.637ae093e5fc94eb30381858e60c838b.JPG

I just don't believe this will be a sister spinner coaster to Cobra's Curse at BGT. I don't see why they would start advertising a project of that size a year in advance. I do think the coaster will be around 60 feet tall but use the terrain that will make it way larger, sort of like Boulder Dash.

I just don't believe this will be a sister spinner coaster to Cobra's Curse at BGT. I don't see why they would start advertising a project of that size a year in advance. I do think the coaster will be around 60 feet tall but use the terrain that will make it way larger, sort of like Boulder Dash.

I really hope it's not just a clone of Cobra's Curse as I don't want to see the Busch parks just become clones of each other. I really like how they have different attractions and unique experiences at each park. I don't mind the Griffon/Sheikra and Montu/Alpengeist crossovers as those are world class coasters, but I would hate to see more clones and have the Busch parks become like Six Flags.

Edited by VegasBaby

I really hope it's not just a clone of Cobra's Curse as I don't want to see the Busch parks just become clones of each other. I really like how they have difference attractions and unique experiences at each park. I don't mind the Griffon/Sheikra and Montu/Alpengeist crossovers as those are world class coasters, but I would hate to see more clones and have the Busch parks become like Six Flags.

I don't think this will happen. But I agree. Busch has done a great job of adding sister attractions with different flavors over the years. Kumba/Drachen Fire, Montu/Alpinegiest, Griffin Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt/ Verbolten

I don't think this will happen. But I agree. Busch has done a great job of adding sister attractions with different flavors over the years. Kumba/Drachen Fire, Montu/Alpinegiest, Griffin Sheikra, Cheetah Hunt/ Verbolten

I would not see Kumba/Drachen and CheetahH/Verbolten as a sister to each other.., only as a (ment) slot for ride to count, ok, but by kind or anything else...not really for me.

^ well - each pair does fall into a certain category. Kumba (probably my the best B&M ever built in my opinion ) and Drachen Fire were big sit down loopers, and Cheetah Hunt and Verbolten are both more family style launchers.

I was just wondering, can anyone make any sense out of that "leaked" drawing??? I know I can't and I'd love to hear some of your ideas about what it is.

On the first page of the plans there is a sheet index. On page 18 through 21 is "Layout and Materials Plan" but the plans given to us cut off at page 17. From what I can see, everything at the moment is just land clearing/building proposals.

I would not see Kumba/Drachen and CheetahH/Verbolten as a sister to each other.., only as a (ment) slot for ride to count, ok, but by kind or anything else...not really for me.

Shall we agree that they're "cousins," and let it go at that?

Shall we agree that they're "cousins," and let it go at that?

Second cousins once removed

The hype for Cobra's Curse @ BGT started in March of last year. So it is not unusual for BG to start hyping a family ride this early. Other fan sites are pretty convinced that BGW is getting a Mack Spinner (sister to Cobra Curse) in New France that will require the closing of the BG Railway and possibly LeScoot for a good portion of the season! I would be rather disappointed if this is the case, as I was really hoping for a record breaking coaster to compete with Carowinds' Fury 325 and KD's 2017 coaster.