TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

The cobra roll seems weather dependent, but even at it's worst I don't mind. I always thought the snap onto the brake run was the worst, but don't really mind that either.

Then again, I love all the old arrow loopers, so even a "rough" B&M won't come close to bothering me!

I do miss the little air time jolt you used to get off the brake run though.

The only semi-logical complaint about Tempesto is the capacity issue, and that will not be nearly as big of a problem as everybody is making it out to be.

Seriously, WHO CARES that it's a clone? The closest clone of it will be in California. Would all you people complaining rather drive there instead of having a version at your local park?

It's not like this ride is replacing any other ride. Would you rather not get any new ride instead of getting Tempesto?

Edit- Not to mention the themeing for the ride looks just as good as the rest of the park.

Hey, I agree with everything you're saying. I'm just saying what other people are complaining about.

Seems like I'm a bit late to the testing footage party but here you go anyway. I took plenty of photos at the park so maybe I'll put those up once I've got them sorted out.

It looks like it absolutely hauls over the first hill; hopefully that's how it will always run and not just stress testing or something.

Sure, capacity will be a negative for this ride so we can all agree with that. Even if this isn't a world record breaker or NEW type of coaster, it seems to fit in at BGW and it will definitely attract a ton of folks/GP...so shorter lines for the other rides is a huge plus in my book! I'd like to ride Verbolten many times without crazy lines like the few times that I have had an opportunity to visit this beautiful park.

People willing to ride normally might prefer the idea of not having them for the freedom, but they don't look bad. My bet is they are either there to make sure body dimensions are right for riding, or they're there to stop dumbasses from getting hurt while turning around or doing something else dumb.

Hey guys! - I'm planning a trip to Kings Dominion and BGW during the week of Sunday, August 23 through Friday, August 28 (Sun and Fri will be travel days). After doing a little research, it looks like kids in VA don't go back to school until after Labor day, on Tuesday, Sept 2, so I'm scheduled to go down the week prior.

Being that I'll be there the week before school starts, do you guys think both parks will be really busy? Has anyone been during this time frame before? Trying to decide if I should reschedule for after the kids are back in class.

Many thanks in advance!!

--Nathan

Since you'll be visiting on Sunday or a weekday, I don't think crowds will be a big issue. There's always Quick Queue (BGW) and Fast Lane (KD) if you need it.

Actually a lot of schools in VA start back August 24 or August 31 because Labor Day is so late this year (September 7). School systems in VA have to get a waiver from the Governor to start before Labor Day, its called the Kings Dominion Law. Some schools are starting back September 8.

Both KD and BGW close at 8:00pm Mon - Thurs of that week, so you won't get any night rides on Apollo's Chariot or I-305. The parks should not be that crowded during that week, but KD and BGW will likely not being running all the trains on the coasters either, so that can increase your wait times. I-305 likely will run a single train, Griffon and AC @ BGW will likely run two trains instead of three. Of the two, BGW will likely be more crowded than KD. Play it by ear, if lines get too outrageous you can always pony up for FL+ at KD or Quick Que @ BGW.

IF you wait until the all kids in VA are back in school, after Sept. 8, you are talking weekends only and the both parks can be fairly crowded then!

Just thinking about this more, is it possible that that is the point? That they are promoting the new roller coaster, but not making that big of a deal of it since it's really not that large of a ride that can handle that many people. In a sense, that's kind of genius... It's going to bring people to the park, but it's not going to overflow the parking lot, causing people to not enjoy themselves because the line is too long. We do have to remember that the last four roller coasters that went into this park where people eaters ...

The park has posted a brief video with the "Tempesto" character.

That is "ummmmmm" not very good!

It still beats their lame Mach Tower teaser video, which consisted of people looking up and pointing at something.