TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I wonder if at any time in the process they considered looping Tempesto around AC? That would have been cool. Also I like where the entrance plaza is. I wouldn't have liked having the entrances of AC and Tempesto right next to each other. It is neat that the lines go by each other though.

Theming looks pretty nice to me- I love the nod to Verbolten.

I wonder if Tempesto will make an appearance at media day, as Gerta and Gunther did for Verbolten. Perhaps he could do a motorcycle jump through the loop!

Temesto looks like a unique coaster. Hopefully, I will ride it this summer.

One of the biggest complaints is that it's a clone. I was just at BGW on sunday. I rode 21 coasters in ten hours with my brother. Quick Queue Unlimited was only $30 that day. I won't be going back in the summer, but I'll be there for Howl-o-Scream for sure!

The only semi-logical complaint about Tempesto is the capacity issue, and that will not be nearly as big of a problem as everybody is making it out to be.

Seriously, WHO CARES that it's a clone? The closest clone of it will be in California. Would all you people complaining rather drive there instead of having a version at your local park?

It's not like this ride is replacing any other ride. Would you rather not get any new ride instead of getting Tempesto?

Edit- Not to mention the themeing for the ride looks just as good as the rest of the park.

^^^ I agree. For everyone complaining about it being a clone don't understand that parks have money limitations, especially Busch Gardens/ Sea World with the current financial issues. Also, it's one of the best clones out there and hasn't reached the point yet where there are way too many of them.

Another thing about this particular clone is that it takes up a small footprint, but seeing it next to Apollo suddenly makes it seem much more impressive than the other iterations. It's actually a bit of a beast for how simple the concept is.

As others have said, it's this generations Boomerang coaster, and I'd be much happier to see it going into multiple parks than Boomerangs. Also, BGW has had it's fair share of generic and unoriginal rides, just many of them have now gone away or have been in the park long enough that they've gone away from other parks so people don't hate on them as much.

I would have no problem seeing more of these coasters pop up. I loved Superman over the summer. Despite the ride taking up an incredibly small footprint, it was better than the large B&M floorless across the park (just slightly though). The ride packs a massive punch and is a real adrenaline rush. The capacity was low, but other than that the ride was great.

^I think if a park bought a version that runs two 3-car trains (using the switch track like Mr. Freeze), the capacity could actually be quite decent. It wouldn't be a B&M people-eater, but it wouldn't really be bad. The 3-car version definitely looks more intense, especially for the front and back rows.

^ I really hope they keep the launch speed the same as it appears to be in testing. It looks like it REALLY flies over the top, then needs to hit the brakes way harder. I can't wait! My fear is that they'll eventually figure out they can slow it down, and will. I mean, compare this video of 1997 Alpengeist MCBR trims with modern Alpengeist:

Alpengeist still kicks some serious butt though.

Yeah, this ride generates a ton of whining for it's second half and it's "rough" cobra roll but I love everything about the ride. The end is great thanks to the theming and the cobra roll is probably the best part of the ride.

Yeah, I do think that the cobra roll kind of yanks you to either side when it starts to roll at the top, but I wouldn't call it rough by any standard. Just aggressive.