TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^Yes, in the past BGW has made some sort of announcement during Passholder Appreciation/Preview Day. I have no idea why they haven't announced anything yet, other than the restructuring the entire company is undergoing (as Elissa mentioned earlier). Still, it's pretty odd.

^Yes, in the past BGW has made some sort of announcement during Passholder Appreciation/Preview Day. I have no idea why they haven't announced anything yet, other than the restructuring the entire company is undergoing (as Elissa mentioned earlier). Still, it's pretty odd.

Or they may not want to waste their marketing dollars on Tempesto (or whatever it's called) by announcing it earlier.

To my knowledge they are now halting any work on it until spring, so when they pick it up they will still have the station, queue, and testing among other things to complete. I'd not plan on an opening-day opening but I would be surprised if it is not open by spring break/April.

Obviously they're the professionals but if you're building a new ride wouldn't you... I don't know? Tell people about it that way it actually brings people into your park.

Carowinds has already had at least 2 media events for their ride, they're filming a TV show and they're doing whatever they can to make sure everyone knows that they have a huge new coaster and everyone should come visit the park, spend money, buy season passes and ride the ride. They promoted it like crazy before the holidays to get people to buy Season Passes as gifts, they're promoting it now since construction is well underway... BGW is doing absolutely nothing.

I don't get the logic in building a huge new coaster and not telling people you have it. If nobody knows it's there, how will it increase revenue at the rate they probably hope to increase it given their current situation.

They're the experts but this is really confusing.

LOL, watch, the ride will have already been open by the time they get around to actually announcing it.

Hard to say. The park does open on March 27 (and passholder preview day is usually the weekend before that).