TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I for one highly doubt a russia will ever happen. With all the stuff currently going on in Russia, it seems highly unlikely that a park would put in a russian section. And besides, russia is in asia, not europe! Spain seems by far the most likely.

Russia is considered part of Europe depending who you ask. I had some textbooks in middle school that called it part of Europe.

I for one highly doubt a russia will ever happen. With all the stuff currently going on in Russia, it seems highly unlikely that a park would put in a russian section. And besides, russia is in asia, not europe! Spain seems by far the most likely.

The area would be themed to 18th and 19th century Russia which has absolutely nothing to do with today. We're talking about a 200-300 year gap here. As far as Russia being in Asia, all of Russia's politics/major cities take place and are located in the western part of the country that is considered Europe.

I think Spain should be the next country added. It's a fairly popular destination for American tourists and has quite a bit of culture.

I kinda want Spain because the culture is so much different than the other parts of europe. I was also thinking Greece because they could do rides themed to Greek gods and mythology, but Id have to say a Spain would be my choice. Sadly i dont run the park.

No one took the time to consider Portugal. If we're talking Portugal, maybe we could see a Brazil area (Like how Canada is 'New France'). Brazillian women will sell me a ticket.

I think Spain would be a likely option. You could have some type of coaster that relates to The Running of the Bulls.

I don't think they would do greece AND rome...too similar. I think it'd be one or the other.

I agree that Rome and Greece are too similar but Greece and Italy are not. Festa Italia could be turned into Greece while the rest of Italy stays the same. I doubt that happening but it would be nice.

So it's now over 3 years (!?) since the opening of Verbolten. I marked the anniversary by paying a trip over to Busch.

3 years since I first rode la boltz for the first time. What can I say? It was only..................better!

I loved it.

The other rides are the same as ever but la boltz has a real place "in my heart". Well done!

So it's now over 3 years (!?) since the opening of Verbolten. I marked the anniversary by paying a trip over to Busch.

3 years since I first rode la boltz for the first time. What can I say? It was only..................better!

I loved it.

The other rides are the same as ever but la boltz has a real place "in my heart". Well done!

3 yeas ago was 2011.

Do you mean 3 seasons?

^You're talking about Verbolten, right? It debuted Friday, May 11, 2012.

Yes, that is correct, both Wikipedia and rcdb say that it opened on May 18,2012 with a soft opening on May. 11,2012.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verbolten

http://rcdb.com/9463.htm

Now changing topics, I will be heading to BGW on Labor Day weekend. Should I get quick queue? I know Busch hasn't been getting long lines this season, but on Labor Day weekend I figure it may be crowded. I have been here twice before, so I know the layout, I just haven't gotten a chance to ride their 'big' coasters. Any recommendations for which rows I should ride in? I already have a day plan figured out, so I already know when I will ride them. Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know why for the coaster tours you must have at least 2 people in your group? This is the one and only reason why I haven't done them! I can never find anyone else whos willing to also do the tours! Other wise I would've done them by now!

Yes, AC is amazing in the back row, notably the first drop.

I reccomend front row for Griffon and Alpengeist.

I agree with this as well. To me I found Alpengeist more forceful in the front row than I did in the last row plus you have a much better view for both of these rides. Oh yeah and as a heads up Alpengeist's lift hill is very loud in the front row.

For Loch Ness, I prefer the last car as it isn't as rough and is great going down the first drop.

The first time I rode Apollo's Chariot, it was in the front row. I remember coming off thinking that it was a very fun ride, but severely overrated. My ride in the back seat changed all that. Those drops are long and jampacked with air.

I honestly prefer the back on Griffon for more airtime on the drops, but agree with the front row on Alpengeist.

Does anyone know why for the coaster tours you must have at least 2 people in your group? This is the one and only reason why I haven't done them! I can never find anyone else whos willing to also do the tours! Other wise I would've done them by now!

It may be a row- filling thing. Or it may just be they don't want to give private tours. I am only guessing, these may be wrong. I agree, it is a bit of an inconvenience.

So here's what I've concluded for rows on the coasters:

AC: back row and front row, not in the middle

Griffon: front row, back row if time

LNM: back car

Verbolten: probably front, can't go wrong with that

Alpengeist: front row

Thanks everyone for the help!

Edited by Schwarzillard