TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Everyone's talking about how BG gets huge crowds, but I've never had long lines at this park. I think the longest one ever waited in was like an hour. And that was just once, and I've been to the park a lot. Maybe it's just because of the high capacity coasters, but I don't think that Diavolo/Tempesto will get huge lines with the exception of one it first opens. After it opens, give it a few months and it probably won't have that bad of lines.

Busch definitely gets more crowds than your average park, but I don't think lines are ever that bad since the park is so spread out and the coasters all have high capacities and quick dispatches. I'm sure Diavolo/Tempesto will have speedy dispatches, but the overall model may be limited. I just hope this doesn't turn into a Crush's Coaster situation.

I was wondering that too like how and y would bg leak all that?

It's a cover up to get people looking in the wrong direction....or someone just created all that in their spare time. When the real product is revealed we will all be absolutely overwhelmed.

In a perfect dream world, I always saw BGW adding an Intamin pre-fab in the area where Drachen Fire once was. Kingsmill really hinders any chance of BGW getting a wooden coaster due to the noise.

I agree and that's what I've been hoping for. I don't think the noise would be too much of an issue from a pre-fab, plus it could run a sick out and back layout towards the river using the terrain.

We don't like the clone idea at BGW, but the GP won't notice the difference. This is a less expensive project which means that we could see something else major pretty soon. The Wild Maus and Python (BGT) were both clones so it won't be the first time. Ireland is a better location for this ride because of it's small foot print.

I would actually like the ride way better if it was in Ireland. Then all the coasters wouldn't be so close together.

I concur to this. I was looking at google earth and i feel like they wouldnt have to remove that much in Ireland to put the ride there. They would just need an irish theme. Corcscrew Hill!.....2 image.thumb.jpg.e84b65e33853c6b5d758f6a46a6739f7.jpg

Ireland

image.thumb.jpg.e84b65e33853c6b5d758f6a46a6739f7.jpg

Ireland

image.thumb.jpg.9c1fd5b4e88f51ae846e05696cb96546.jpg

Festa Italia

In a perfect dream world, I always saw BGW adding an Intamin pre-fab in the area where Drachen Fire once was. Kingsmill really hinders any chance of BGW getting a wooden coaster due to the noise.

I agree and that's what I've been hoping for. I don't think the noise would be too much of an issue from a pre-fab

Well, there's always the intamin fart

I would actually like the ride way better if it was in Ireland. Then all the coasters wouldn't be so close together.

I concur to this. I was looking at google earth and i feel like they wouldnt have to remove that much in Ireland to put the ride there. They would just need an irish theme. Corcscrew Hill!....

Try these names out:

Lucky Charms: The Ride

Headspin (The themed is inspired by drunk Irish people)

Lager Looper

[EDIT] Leaping Leprechaun

I concur to this. I was looking at google earth and i feel like they wouldnt have to remove that much in Ireland to put the ride there. They would just need an irish theme. Corcscrew Hill!.....2 [attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]image.jpg[/attachment]

I feel like it could go right where the "Williamsburg" is.

Hello all! I'm new to TPR. Been lurking for a while and just wanted to jump in and say, my family and I will be at BGE this Sunday spending a week in the area with a 7 day pass to Busch Gardens and Water Country.

I haven't been to BGE since 2001 so Griffon and Verbolten will be new to me. (Mach Tower too but a drop tower is a drop tower, right?) I'm taking my lil sis here for the first time and she's really new to coasters. (only 2 under her belt so far) I'm hoping to turn her in to a junkie just like me.

Anyone else going to be in either park during this time?

Hello all! I'm new to TPR. Been lurking for a while and just wanted to jump in and say, my family and I will be at BGE this Sunday spending a week in the area with a 7 day pass to Busch Gardens and Water Country.

I haven't been to BGE since 2001 so Griffon and Verbolten will be new to me. (Mach Tower too but a drop tower is a drop tower, right?) I'm taking my lil sis here for the first time and she's really new to coasters. (only 2 under her belt so far) I'm hoping to turn her in to a junkie just like me.

Anyone else going to be in either park during this time?

I will be at the VA Beach area this upcoming week, and will be at the park for one day, most likely on Tuesday with just my mother who doesn't do rides.

^^^Y'all should link up.

I thought about the animals in that area for ride placement and you may be right.

Who knows why the park is stacking rides. Griffon is a great ride but I'm not a fan of it's placement and color similarity to Alpengeist and the new ride might as well loop over AC's lift hill for a hi-five.

^^^Y'all should link up.

I thought about the animals in that area for ride placement and you may be right.

Who knows why the park is stacking rides. Griffon is a great ride but I'm not a fan of it's placement and color similarity to Alpengeist and the new ride might as well loop over AC's lift hill for a hi-five.

That would be so ***ing cool OMG

While the theming seems something like that from a Six Flags park from these plans, I'm going to wait and see how it turns out. I thought Mach Tower would be tacky, but I actually really liked its apperance and what Busch did around the ride.

The capacity could be a major issue, but the ride is fantastic. I don't care if it's a clone since it's a good one and not a SLC.

I'd be curious to see whether any large coaster ever goes in Ireland or nearby - it always seemed to me like it's kept quieter on purpose, since that's where just about all of the animals are located.

Griffon isn't exactly far from the animals either so I can't see why a few rides, even if it's a couple of flats, couldn't be added to Ireland to create more of a draw there. Killarney has become more of a pass through from Heatherdowns to Acquitaine will very little to make me want to stop and experience anything even though the show in the Abbey Stone Theater is excellent.

While the theming seems something like that from a Six Flags park from these plans, I'm going to wait and see how it turns out. I thought Mach Tower would be tacky, but I actually really liked its apperance and what Busch did around the ride.

The capacity could be a major issue, but the ride is fantastic. I don't care if it's a clone since it's a good one and not a SLC.

I agree about Mach Tower. Sure, it's not a great ride, but it does look nice as a giant Maypole.

I feel like it could go right where the "Williamsburg" is.

Please god no. My one gripe with BGE of recent years is all the trees going away. I LOVED the start of Loch Ness pre-Griffon, and Griffon just striaght out ruined it. Actually, Griffon ruined a lot of visual for the park IMO. Yes, it's a beautiful ride, and fun, but I really would have rather seen it go somewhere else, then to get plopped right in the middle, ripping out Le Mans and all the trees. Alpengeist also suffers a little bit from the addition of Griffon visually, but not quite as bad.

If they take out those last trees near the gated bridge, I'd rage quit on that park. It's slowly turning into yet another parking lot with rides, and part of what made that park amazing is that it wasn't. I'm not even happy with where the alleged plans for this are as is, but obviously they need to expand somehow.

I wish they'd use pre-cleared land first for new attractions. It does exist on their property, they're just hesitant to use it for a variety of reasons.

Fortunately I doubt they'll use that land near Ireland, because of the grade and the fact that the closest part that is usable is directly in the path of the Sky Ride.

^I visited for the first time ever two weeks ago, and came away laughing at any park other than BGW that tries to claim world's most beautiful. Please, don't ever try to claim that THAT place is a parking lot. It's the most gorgeous natural terrain of any park in this country and it still looks incredibly fantastic.