TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^I don't think pretzel loops are generally far from pulling 5 Gs. You know, the most a person can take in that position is like 17 Gs so I'd like to see, one day, a pretzel loop pulling maybe 10 Gs?

If the name turns out to be 'Tempesto' can robb make the name automatically default into 'the pasta coaster'

I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of when I hear 'tempesto' is noodles

I second this, if the name is "Temptesto" it shall be known as the pasta coaster from this point on. I don't hate the coaster, I just hate the idea of it. Just seems out of place an not Busch Gardens from the get-go.

Verbolten has better themeing than bbw.

I disagree. More does not equal better. They did more with the station/queue, that's for sure, but the ride themeing itself is...erm... lacking at best. And the exterior of the "show building?" They didn't even try. I miss flying through that fake village, especially when the audio effects and misters after the final drop were still in.

Still, my favorite themeing at that park is definitely Alpengeist, and it's going to take a lot for it to be topped imo. The Loch Ness queue theme is neat, especially for it's day. They didn't even try with Apollo/Griffon (or Drachenfire for that matter, although the station was beautiful before they boarded it up for Hall-O-Scream), so I can say Verbolten is better than those, but once you leave the station, the themeing of Verbolten just doesn't do it for me at all.

I just want all of the theming in Festa Italia to just go away. They could expand Italy or change it to Greece (which would actually make sense brcause of Apollos Chariot and Roman Rapids which would just needs a new name.) The rides could be either scrapped or rethemed. As for 'Tempesto'..... It could have been awesome! The ride will be fun; but why, WHY is it themed to BMX stunt crap for a carnival sideshow act??? How did that actually go through? The theme is just going to clash and make the rest of the land look worse. I love Busch Gardens and i was excited for this ride but now im just annoyed that they didnt even try. They pulled a Six Flags and that is shamful for a park i know is better than that.

I'm sure it'll look better in person than in the designs we have and the animations they'll release. Things will turn out better than they look. I'm being optimistic.

I hope your right. My pessimistic side is getting the best of me and these plans dont help much

^ I can agree with that. Festa Italia is suppose to be festive. That's why there are banners and Flags around that area. It's roman happiness. I don't think the BMX theme works, but the colors they're talking about putting around the station and stuff like that makes a lot of sense.

I just want all of the theming in Festa Italia to just go away. They could expand Italy or change it to Greece (which would actually make sense brcause of Apollos Chariot and Roman Rapids which would just needs a new name.) The rides could be either scrapped or rethemed. As for 'Tempesto'..... It could have been awesome! The ride will be fun; but why, WHY is it themed to BMX stunt crap for a carnival sideshow act??? How did that actually go through? The theme is just going to clash and make the rest of the land look worse. I love Busch Gardens and i was excited for this ride but now im just annoyed that they didnt even try. They pulled a Six Flags and that is shamful for a park i know is better than that.

Apollo was a god in Roman mythology, and he didn't even have to change his name.

I have too say this may be one of the worst moves made by the park in a long time (Personally I wish they had kept BBW), They have a chance to really make a great new addition to their lineup and Im not so sure this is the right fit for the park. It seems like it is too low capacity even with a third car, and it also seems like too short a ride for s big Park like Busch Gardens. Now if they wanted to do a more custom model that could hold more people hourly I could see that. The theme of the ride also seems strange given that Festa Italia is suppose to be themed around Marco Polo's travels not a modern carnival. Just seems strange overall this new project, wish it was going to be something else but anything new is better than nothing new.

The theme doesn't appear to be BMX based but more cycling (i.e. Tour De France) based. Either way, uhhh, interesting choice? Did whoever it was who picked rides for the Paramount parks get hired on at SeaWorld?

Would the group here be happier if it was a Huss Giant Frisbee?

Again, It could be a Boomerang or a Giant Disko and not a certified quality coaster for the lineup.

I think people were expecting something original and well themed, since that is what Busch Gardens is known for. How many clones does BGW have right now? None, so it has became a standard that enthusiasts have became used to. Although, we all know the GP won't know it's a clone and that's all that matters.

As far as themeing goes, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that one.

Sorry, tone wasn't mean to degrade the Giant Frisbee, just wondering if people would rather have a coaster or a flat ride that is about as good or maybe a bit better.

I'll take the coaster, and I'm sure Brian Morrow and friends will give it a pretty solid theme-up in the end.

Side note...this is literally the biggest information leak I've EVER seen for a new ride. Not only the ride, or the blueprints, but literally everything down to the Height requirement sign has been leaked. How the hell. Seems fishy

^^ The concern is about the line. People see a coaster they'll instantly jump in line. People see a flat with a line, they'll come back later. The problem is this model of coaster and a flat have similar capacity, but the flat would manage it better due to the amount of people willing to wait, if you catch my drift. It's a good move for the park as it will definitely attract more people than a flat would, but it also is more than likely going to result in pretty ridiculous wait times. Again, this is a solid ride and works well for smaller parks. Destination parks like BGW, though, simply have too many people coming through the gates. I'm not knocking the ride itself at all. I have yet to ride one but they look awesome and everything I've heard is positive EXCEPT the capacity.

Ehh...I just think with Three B&M capacity horses+Loch Ness already in tow, plus the additional 6 seats, it really would be less of an issue than it even is at SFDK.

I think it'll be a great, welcome addition and fits into the park with the potential theme. Plus, Superman SFDK was only 6 Million, that's pretty reasonable for a launching, thrilling, marketable, skyline-filling steel coaster.

Destination parks like BGW, though, simply have too many people coming through the gates. I'm not knocking the ride itself at all. I have yet to ride one but they look awesome and everything I've heard is positive EXCEPT the capacity.

Plenty of destination parks have added low capacity rides in the past. Wonder Mountain's Guardian has a dismal 650 pph and CW easily pulls far more numbers than BGW does. Same could be said for rides like Roller Soaker and Firehawk. All have terrible capacity and all at major parks that get significant attendance.

Side note...this is literally the biggest information leak I've EVER seen for a new ride. Not only the ride, or the blueprints, but literally everything down to the Height requirement sign has been leaked. How the hell. Seems fishy

The site managed to get its hands on all Verbolten's information too right down to the shape of the leaf props in the building and all the signs in the queue house. Its nothing new. They pretty much have good hookups on the inside.