TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I think the coaster is suppose to be flipped the other way, so that the non inverting loop is on the left side, not the right. I could be wrong though. And I am excited for this addition, the superman clones seem like very good rides. And I'll argue that it IS marketable. Only backwards coaster in the state of virginia. There ya go.

You don't need to break records to have a popular ride. If you can make people aware that you are building a new coaster, you are already marketing pretty well. When Cedar Point built Maverick, they didn't really break any records (that I know of), but lots of people will stand 2 hours in line to ride a new coaster. Busch Gardens is a pretty popular park, and more people will visit to ride this new attraction. So basically, you don't need records to market, you just need a new coaster.

Completely loved BGW about five years ago...great theming, rides, atmosphere. Then they took out the "Wolf" and put in Verbolten. That was when I slowly started to loose interest. Now this, if it is true...come on man!

Jeez, and we wonder why enthusiasts get a bad rap at times. Verbolten is a a very fun, one of kind, coaster. Big Bad Wolf was literally tearing itself apart and BG:W replaced it with a similar thrilling all ages coaster but people still complain.

I love this park and i'm still 50/50 on this addition. I feel like BGW is adding this coaster just for the sake of adding a coaster. In the past the Busch parks have been known for carefully planning out their big coaster additions, this just seems out of place. Now if it was a custom premier terrain coaster through the woods by Apollo's Chariot......

I agree. I think it's great that BGW is getting a premier clone, as they are great, but it just doesn't seem like something BGW would do. They always put in great, custom, we'll themed coasters, but while a new coaster is a new coaster, I am a bit surprised that BGW would do this before a custom coaster (or a woodie). However, i am excited that they are getting a good clone.

Completely loved BGW about five years ago...great theming, rides, atmosphere. Then they took out the "Wolf" and put in Verbolten. That was when I slowly started to loose interest. Now this, if it is true...come on man!

You're the WORST.

If true, I think this addition fits in Well to the BGE collection. Nice colors, and way way way better than a Boomerang or another Kiddie. If this was the footprint they were looking at, I think the only coaster that could even top this ride would be a Zacspin. I really hope for the dual loading station though for capacity's sake.

Why are some people mad about this coaster being a clone? Were people complaining about Griffon back in '06 because of it's similarities to Sheikra?

3 Reasons:

1 - We have to complain about SOMETHING.

2 - We can't just be happy the park is adding an attraction.

3 - We know more about running an amusement park than the people that actually do!

Edited by DJeXeL

Why are some people mad about this coaster being a clone? Were people complaining about Griffon back in '06 because of it's similarities to Sheikra?

3 Reasons:

1 - We have to complain about SOMETHING.

2 - We can't just be happy the park is adding an attraction.

3 - We know more about running an amusement park than the people that actually do!

Well it's not really a complaint, at least for me. I'm just saying this addition seems really Un-Busch Gardens like

This type of ride is very fun actually! I think the only complaint people are having on this is because it's a clone, but the only other one in the U.S is across the country, I mean it's still a unique ride for now. Also I'm sure Bush Gardens will put its special touch on it and theme it pretty well. I think it's perfect for the park, it's thrilling and still a unique looking ride to the GP, and I assume many enthusiasts in the area haven't ridden Superman:Ultimate Flight at SFDK. I'm excited to see how it turns out!