TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Small fix for capacity, make it a duel loding station like Mr Freeze. If at all possible, increase seating on the cars and maybe even add another car. The ride looks so much fun even if it is a clone and im glad Busch chose this type of clone because of its uniqunesse. Its not a skyloop, its not a boomerang, its not an SLC, its an awesome Premier clone! I havent been on one but they look fun and i have heard positve things besides their capacity. Im excited and being optimistic

Everyone take a deep breath and try to remember that there has been no official announcement yet. For all we know they could throw us for a loop and as mentioned before could add a duel station or new element to the design. Or they could throw us a curveball and the announcement could be something totally different .

I totally take everything I said back, I thought we were talking about the B&M flyer S:UF. Hate that ride, hopefully you can imagine why I was so confused. I apologize for posting out of ignorance.

I've read good things about the SFDK version and would love the chance to ride it. I still think it's odd that Busch is building a clone, but at least it's a very compact ride, I can see why they'd pick it if they have a very narrow plot of land to fill. It's almost more like they're adding a flat ride than a coaster, to me anyway. That's why it's sort of ok that it's a clone.

I totally take everything I said back, I thought we were talking about the B&M flyer S:UF. Hate that ride, hopefully you can imagine why I was so confused. I apologize for posting out of ignorance.

Which one? All 3 of them? The one in Georgia is decent since it fits with the landscape.

Sorry to steer the thread off topic.

Which one? All 3 of them? The one in Georgia is decent since it fits with the landscape.

Sorry to steer the thread off topic.

Only been on the one at SFGAdv. Everytime we get to the pretzel loop I'm like "Oh yeah, this part is kind of neat", then we crawl through the rest of the course and I'm sitting on the break for what feels like an eternity, all my weight on my stomach/chest, and I think "Wow, this seriously, seriously wasn't worth it." I find it more uncomfortable/unpleasant than any SLC or stand-up.

But as for the ride Busch may actually be getting, that non-inverting loop looks pretty ridiculous. Again, can't wait to ride.

^I'm just the opposite: I hate the B&M flyer's pretzel loop, as it feels like an elephant is standing on my chest.

As for what BGW will be getting, most of what's been posted is conjecture. We'll see.

Edited by cfc

Oh man Questor! That was without question the best thing in that building. I don't think Europe in Air is the worst though, that honor definitely goes to "King Arthur's Challenge."

I actually made an on ride video of Questor when I was young and didn't know better. I wish I could upload it somewhere now that it's long gone, but there's no way Busch would be cool with that. Actually, I should really go dig that tape out. It has LOTS of long gone off-ride footage, like Drachen Fire, The Spider, Gladiator's Gauntlet, The Sea Dragon... I'll need to go look for that.

^ Oh awesome! I'll need to check into that. Once I find the tape, I'll likely upload as much to youtube as I can (it's a family home tape so some will need to be edited of course). I haven't found any footage of gladiator's gauntlet anywhere, and some of the shots of Drachen Fire I have are pretty rare too (I have night footage, which was cool since it had red trim lights on the trains and no lights on the track!) Also, I have Drachen Fire footage from 1992 when the role-backs were louder than Loch Ness, and I believe some of the footage is from in the queue. There's also some fun footage of thread needle fair too!

Now the real problem is going to be converting VHS to digital...

Oh man Questor! That was without question the best thing in that building. I don't think Europe in Air is the worst though, that honor definitely goes to "King Arthur's Challenge."

I'll go along with that.

So today was my first day here. Let's say it was packed but the lines couldn't be any worse. Averaged thirty min. So these are my experiences.

Alpengeists was great. Not rough at all. Must've been because I braced through the cobra roll though. Loved it

The park was clean employees were friendly. Very SDC ish.

Very nice theming. Especially on escape from Pompeii.

So many know me as a massive fan of outlaw run. No it's not my number one coaster now. Matter of fact it's my third.

Appolos chariot blew my mind! It was amazing. Never felt as much airtime ever. It's so relentless but I did find the drop a little rattley. Verboten was fun. The launches were cool and the drop thingy was awesome.

Hey does AC give good night rides because it would seem like it would. I absolutely love the ride!!!

Edited by Jaykethekid

Apollo's Chariot is a very good night ride--particularly in the front row (best airtime is in the back row, however).

Honestly I preferred the front for airtime. It lasted a lot longer and it seemed just as strong. I loved the way at the top of the first and second air hill that it threw me forward. Super intense. I don't think I will find a roller coaster as good as this in quite a while..... Griffon was cool too though

^ Oh awesome! I'll need to check into that. Once I find the tape, I'll likely upload as much to youtube as I can (it's a family home tape so some will need to be edited of course). I haven't found any footage of gladiator's gauntlet anywhere, and some of the shots of Drachen Fire I have are pretty rare too (I have night footage, which was cool since it had red trim lights on the trains and no lights on the track!) Also, I have Drachen Fire footage from 1992 when the role-backs were louder than Loch Ness, and I believe some of the footage is from in the queue. There's also some fun footage of thread needle fair too!

Now the real problem is going to be converting VHS to digital...

This I would love to see.

Apollo's Chariot is a very good night ride--particularly in the front row (best airtime is in the back row, however).

The last time I rode Apollo's at night was during HOS, in the rain. One of the best rides I've had.

OMG what if for 2015 they put in one of those s&s spinner prototypes (does anyone know what I'm talking about REMEBER when theme park review posted that video of that place in Utah where it was snowing and it was almost like a zacspin?) because it's a straight line and idrk just throwing that out there.

That would still have extremly low capacity if you ask me.

Verbolten..... Is it heart lined? It doesn't fell like it is and doesn't look like it either. I also find the ride to be quite rough. I have bruises on the back of my shoulders.

I rode Mach tower. I loved Mach tower.

That would still have extremly low capacity if you ask me.

Verbolten..... Is it heart lined? It doesn't fell like it is and doesn't look like it either. I also find the ride to be quite rough. I have bruises on the back of my shoulders.

I rode Mach tower. I loved Mach tower.

Ok 1 what does heart lined even mean?

2 it's not rough at all where did u ride? (Actually it is right after the second launch.)