TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

So i went to Busch last week and i have to say it was a perfect day. No lines for anything. The one thing that bothered me was Europe int the Air. I have never been on it and just went on it to see how bad it really was. It was Horrendous! Worst simuator ever and i even got motion sickness (which never happens)! So here is what im leading up to, why did Busch replace a great ride with this crap? Couldnt they have improved what they had rather than create something new? I never got to ride Corkscrew Hill but ive seen videos and it looked wonderful. The annimation wasnt there but they could have overhauled it like Spiderman. I guess it bothers me to see a great theme park take out a great ride and replace with something not up to par. Lastly, would it be possible to bring back the old movie or is it gone forever?

Couldn't agree more. Corkscrew Hill was my favorite of the old simulator rides by far, and I miss it every time I'm at BGW. Europe in the Air is one of the most pointless rides at any part...a sad, half-assed attempt to clone Soarin' that's just not anywhere near Busch Gardens quality. Bring back Corkscrew Hill...please? =<

I rode Europe in the Air for the first time last Tuesday, and I thought it was crap... Probably the most awkward simulator ride I've ever experienced. The rest of the park has such a higher quality that I don't understand how something like this got the green light.

Edited by BrianGC

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

Plus, the segment in Paris, shot at street level, makes no sense.

^Well, it wasn't a bad idea to make a European version of Disney's Soarin', and they did upgrade the screens and projectors in the theatres. For me, I think the mistake was not going the extra mile and upgrading the ride system.

When put that way, it does sound pleasunt, but the theming isnt really an airport and an upgraded simualtor would have helped this. If im not mistaken, when this was added, Busch was having finacial issues so they couldnt work with much. If they were to redo this i feel it could work, but they would have to improve all of it possibly and make a new building and ride system similar to soarin just to make the ride decent. Plus then they could make it more of an airport feel rather than a castle dungeon. Obviously they wouldnt redo it but they should do something just to make it somewhat enjoyable. Although as ive already said before, why not bring back Corkscrew Hill and just overhaul it?

I'm totally out of the loop on this. I thought Corkscrew Hill was a charming, well-done kids' ride. Why did it get replaced with a new mediocre attraction?

Also, why the f$@! would they build a Superman clone??? I thought Busch was supposed to be all about quality over quantity.

Disney's Soarin' is bad enough, let alone a spinoff of it... That sounds interesting lol

I find Soarin' to be a nice, relaxing attraction--but I hate the lines for it.

Corkscrew Hill was OK, but the best ride in that building was Questor.

Corkscrew Hill was OK, but the best ride in that building was Questor.

I'd almost forgotten about Questor. That one was pretty awesome too. I'd be happy to see either one of them return.

I'm totally out of the loop on this. I thought Corkscrew Hill was a charming, well-done kids' ride. Why did it get replaced with a new mediocre attraction?

Also, why the f$@! would they build a Superman clone??? I thought Busch was supposed to be all about quality over quantity.

OMG U R SO OUT OF THE LOOP

Who know, maybe a small intamin inverted impulse coaster could probably fit in the same rumored area

The way I see it, I don't care if its a clone. Its arguably the best ride at SFDK and here it is gonna be put in a park and it might not even break the top 3! That shows how good their current line up is and I'm sure that this will add to their already awesome collection. Only backwards coaster in the state. And knowing BGW, I bet they'll add some kick butt theming to it as well. I can understand the argument for it being too close to Apollo's Chariot. I get that. Is the capacity not good? Yes. But other than that, I don't understand the hate when a park is putting in a GOOD roller coaster. Could the park do better? Sure. But they haven't even announced the ride yet, so there is a high chance that the park still has something good up their sleeve for this ride. Possibly a dual loading station, or a new element added to the ride, perhaps? Lets not lose hope or immediately assume that this is going to be bad for the park!

There ya go. My motivational speech/Rant is over.

^I thought SFDK was going to have capacity issues with S:UF as well but I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised the 3 times I visited. The crew was dispatching trains about 30-45 seconds after the previous cycle ended.

^Still, each train only carries 12 riders and you have to wait a full cycle unless you have a dual station like the Mexican park is going to but even that won't have a great capacity.