TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I love how "Canada", in most theme parks including Disney,

represent the country with either cheese soup - or mac'n cheese...or both!

And Molson/Kokanee/Canadian Beer, and maple syrup pie, and poutine.....

I love it!

I didn't realize how crazy Canada was about Pumpkins, but the booth tells me they are (and the pumpkin mousse is of course covered with maple syrup- I saved that one for next time though!)

I don't think London Rocks is quite as bad as some people are making it out to be, as it is better than better than all versions of Entwined . . . OK, that's setting the bar pretty low. I liked their use of projections, although I thought the bits with the "Queen" were too "Monty Python Lite."

But, hey, Food & Wine is where it's at.

I did really like the projections, the stage and crazy costumes and I would agree that it's better than Entwined or those supposed Pet Shenanigans. I just couldn't get in to the music, which doesn't quite work for a music based show... It was very educational though, as I didn't realize a good number of the songs were British (essentially anything not by the Beatles... this also caused me some distraction )

^ Hey it's totally cool with me how we look at what's good food from Canada!

And I do really love what is offered in the name of our country.

Can't beat some good Alberta Beef, with a nice poutine and a

dessert of maple syrup pie. Yummy!

CdnCheeseSoup_186.jpg.c9192b2ce581cf2117a98901024076f6.jpg

And I've never had this damned soup, too! From EPCOT I believe, a few years back.

I will be visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg tomorrow, Monday June 8th! It has been a while since I last visited the park, maybe five years? Anyways, any tips on what coasters get longer wait times and what shows to stop and see? I'm not even going to bother asking about the food because I know anything there will be good. I look forward to my visit and hope I can get some good tips from the regulars before I go! Thanks!

Finally, after a long off season, I hit the park this past Saturday with two TPR members. I had a wonderful time!

Ate like a disgusting pig at Food & Wine. The food was really good, but the cruise food and the dishes I chose last year were better IMO. The beer, however, was fantastic.

Got my coaster fix on everything except Loch Ness. Rode Griffon and Apollo at least 10 times that day. Minimal crowds on everything, even for an 80 degree, sunny Saturday. Everyone was on the pathways or enjoying the food booths more I guess.

Banbury looks amazing at night. During the day, it looks alright. Didn't get to see London Rocks, but I have a whole season to do that.

Got tons of new ride swag. Thanks Alex and Zach! I'm looking forward to seeing more TPR peeps at the park this season!

Just got back from Williamsburg, had a great two days at Busch Gardens with two of my friends (One who's never gone before). Every visit is just a reminder why this is my favorite park, this visit was no exception.

Yesterday was also the first time I've experienced a break down in a while. After the drop track on Verbolten we waited at the launch a little longer than usual, after about a minute they announced there was a delay in the ride. Five minutes later the lights turned on (which was cool to see) and an employee came to let us know that we might have to get evacuated or that the ride will continue. Eventually the ride continued but we were suck on the break run right before the station. After bringing the train in the station (Thank you for not letting us suffer in the heat BG ) they had to manually unlock our restrains. My two friends sitting in front of me were the last ones off as there seats had a problem unlocking. But during the whole thing the employees were very friendly and we had a great conversations with all of them and gave us water as we waited to be free. And of course they offered everyone in our train complementary cards for a free funnel cake, ice cream etc. Major props for the Busch Gardens staff for handling the situation well.

A few other notes:

-Finally got to ride Mach Tower (Which is also my first drop tower )

-I don't know what happened but Alpengeist's lift hill was unbearably loud. Last year I was able to talk to my friend sitting on the other end of the row with out yelling. This year I couldn't even hear anyone sitting next to me even when they were yelling

-Longest line we had to wait both days was about 30-45 minutes for Roman Rapids. Everything else was a walk on for the most part.

Overall the trip was great and we'll definitely be visiting again this summer.

Banbury looks amazing at night. During the day, it looks alright. Didn't get to see London Rocks, but I have a whole season to do that.

There's been a fair amount of bitching on the park's Facebook page about how England looks (that it's "too gaudy," for example), but I think it looks fine. And, hey, they now have Freestyle Coke machines!

-I don't know what happened but Alpengeist's lift hill was unbearably loud. Last year I was able to talk to my friend sitting on the other end of the row with out yelling. This year I couldn't even hear anyone sitting next to me even when they were yelling

I find that quite fun, actually. The only one as loud that I have experienced was Batman's (SFGAdv) and I loved it! I feel like it builds up the anticipation a bit more.

I find that quite fun, actually. The only one as loud that I have experienced was Batman's (SFGAdv) and I loved it! I feel like it builds up the anticipation a bit more.

I just feel like it builds up my need for a cochlear implant...

I noticed this a while back, but forgot to share on here...

Busch Gardens is no longer having the tacky, cheesy, Illuminights event this summer. Instead there will be a new event called Star Spangled Nights. It'll definitely be smaller and let's hope it does not take over the park like Illuminights. There's nothing like some red, white, & blue 'Murica plastered all over a European themed amusement park.

Here are the details found on the park's website:

Busch Gardens® celebrates America with a bang during an all-new summer spectacular, “Star Spangled Nights” July 3 through Aug. 10. This event inspires park-goers through fireworks, moving original soundscapes and unforgettable environments. Unique merchandise and culinary offerings blend seamlessly with rich musical traditions, creating a fun red, white and blue event that can only be found at Busch Gardens. A special extended fireworks event will be presented July 3 – 5 to celebrate the Fourth of July.

Does anyone have the times that each section of the park opens? Thanks.

I don't know the exact time that Italy opens, but it does open a little later than after the park opens. Like 30 min after. or something like that.

Does anyone know if the park still offers that verbolten behind the scenes tour? The one thats only like $15 and you can walk behind the building and stuff? I couldn't find it on their website, and I was wondering if they stopped offering it.

I'm not sure, but when I go this summer, I am doing the roller coaster insider tour. Pretty excited for it.

I have a few questions about alpengeist.

Is it particularly forceful

Is smooth, if not how rough, I hope you guys can help me out with these questions. I'm excited to ride it, because the only inverts I have been on are patriot and raptor

I'm not sure, but when I go this summer, I am doing the roller coaster insider tour. Pretty excited for it.

I have a few questions about alpengeist.

Is it particularly forceful

Is smooth, if not how rough, I hope you guys can help me out with these questions. I'm excited to ride it, because the only inverts I have been on are patriot and raptor

I would put it between Raptor and Patriot--less forceful than the former, but more forceful than the latter.

Edited by cfc

The roughest bit is the cobra roll, and even that isn't too bad. The rest is pretty smooth, although the ride in the backseat tends to be bit rougher than the ride in the front.

The roughest bit is the cobra roll, and even that isn't too bad. The rest is pretty smooth, although the ride in the backseat tends to be bit rougher than the ride in the front.

It's not even that rough, just a little bit of head-banging on the first half-corkscrew.