TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Who saw the latest post from screamscape? Looks like the 2015 coaster might not be called Diavolo after all. In all honesty, I like the name Diavolo better.

2015 - New Roller Coaster - Semi-Confirmed - (5/13/14) News Plus Notes spotted an interesting new trademark filing by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment this week for something called TEMPESTO. They report that the Italian sounding word loosely translates to storm. They’ve come to the same conclusion as I have, that this would be a perfect sounding name for that rumored new coaster planned for the Festa Italia section of Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Just something to keep an eye on at the very least.

Ugh. I hope they do go with Diavolo, because that sounds totally bad-a$$ (and I know that was rumored to just be a "project name"). Tempesto sounds very unappealing. I guess I'd end up calling it Pesto or something. Pesto Hunt?

Not happy that the operator never said enjoy your ride or engaged us riders. He didn't say anything actually ... just dispatched the train without any added hype or excitement... Operator at this ride was on the phone the entire time and likewise didn't really care to engage us riders. Just kept on in her conversation on the phone and dispatched.

Can't speak much for BGW, but down at BGT, I have never once heard an operator say anything before dispatching a coaster. It's just not something Busch Gardens seems to do.

Not happy that the operator never said enjoy your ride or engaged us riders. He didn't say anything actually ... just dispatched the train without any added hype or excitement... Operator at this ride was on the phone the entire time and likewise didn't really care to engage us riders. Just kept on in her conversation on the phone and dispatched.

Can't speak much for BGW, but down at BGT, I have never once heard an operator say anything before dispatching a coaster. It's just not something Busch Gardens seems to do.

I've never heard any operator in any park here in Europe (that I've been to, obviously) saying anything

I actually prefer the operators not try to pump up the train, as it usually tends to do nothing. "How was that ride?!" *Crickets chirp* I find it kind of annoying when they refuse to let trains go until they get a response, like I've had happen at some Six Flags parks.

I find it kind of annoying when they refuse to let trains go until they get a response, like I've had happen at some Six Flags parks.

If it only adds an extra few seconds or so to the dispatch, why is that a problem? I for one think that it's annoying when no one is excited to ride. Roller coasters are supposed to be fun for everyone!

Because some of us just aren't very vocal riders, and it IS annoying to be forced to do something you consider stupid and meaningless in order to enjoy your ride.

I have to agree. I actually do like enthusiastic operators a lot but making riders do something in order to dispatch the train is too much in my opinion.

I find it kind of annoying when they refuse to let trains go until they get a response, like I've had happen at some Six Flags parks.

If it only adds an extra few seconds or so to the dispatch, why is that a problem? I for one think that it's annoying when no one is excited to ride. Roller coasters are supposed to be fun for everyone!

Because some of us just aren't very vocal riders, and it IS annoying to be forced to do something you consider stupid and meaningless in order to enjoy your ride.

Eh, it's not a big deal to me if that happens every now and then. It's like other places where people do that to hype up the crowd. Of course, it's best if the operator is really having fun and isn't just on autopilot. I will agree, though: I don't always show my excitement, so I could look pissed off or bored as hell and still be having the time of my life.

^ Yeah, that's what I mean. At concerts I get disappointed when people just sit down with arms crossed all the time, but at theme parks, I'm typically sweating and want the ride to get moving to give me a cool-down. And I'll usually humor the ride ops when they try to get everyone pumped, but sometimes they'll try 4 or 5 times, and by that point, I'm like "Come, on, I'm dyin' here! There's no fans or AC here!"