TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I cannot believe that Busch Gardens flat out copied the exact picture from that movie Premonition. It is the exact same picture

Dude, GOOD EYE! I'm very impressed. I could be wrong, but I think some graphic designer stepped over a line here.

Maybe I missed a reply to the german sentence "Sie können Ihr Gepäck mit uns zu verlassen" but these are only correct german individual words but in wrong context, so this sentence means nothing. Maybe they wanted to say "Sie können Ihr Gepäck bei uns lassen" which would mean "You could leave your luggage with us".

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.18e9a20c5edbc370933c398d2bd4e3d2.jpg

Yes, I saw that this is what Google Translate says but it is still grammatically incorrect german ...

The other way round (from English to German) Google Translate works fine: "You can leave your luggage with us."

= "Sie können Ihr Gepäck bei uns lassen."

Never mind: just wanted to share that the pictured sentence "Sie können Ihr Gepäck mit uns zu verlassen" means nothing to a german native speaker.

^You've seen the English-translated signs in places like China/Japan right?? The majority of people that walk past that sign will not have a clue that it is grammatically incorrect and those that do will probably just laugh it off.

I imagine the English of most native German speakers is better than the German of Google.

But, as Eric says, most of the park's guests won't notice, and it'll give Germans a good laugh while they're waiting.

I think they said verlassen rather than lassen because of VERbolten. Also, Verbolten isn't a German word, Verboten is a German meaning prohibited. Though, Verboten doesn't sound like a good coaster name.

I liked your comment on the Ops practicing their 'Do not sit on the Q bars.' This does make me wonder though - with all of the advances in technology and theming, why do parks keep using 'Monkey Bars' for their Q? It seems that they could use a thinner metal 'fence' that could still be alterable to change the queue length or even those pull out 'cloth' ones like you see at the airport check-in. Its kind of funny to spend so much money to theme an area and then fill it with Monkey Bars...not that this is anything to get worked up about...I'm just wondering. I remember asking this same question when I was a Fantasyland East Ride Host back in 1994.

I liked your comment on the Ops practicing their 'Do not sit on the Q bars.' This does make me wonder though - with all of the advances in technology and theming, why do parks keep using 'Monkey Bars' for their Q? It seems that they could use a thinner metal 'fence' that could still be alterable to change the queue length or even those pull out 'cloth' ones like you see at the airport check-in. Its kind of funny to spend so much money to theme an area and then fill it with Monkey Bars...not that this is anything to get worked up about...I'm just wondering. I remember asking this same question when I was a Fantasyland East Ride Host back in 1994.

I agree with using a themed pathways over a Q line with endless steel bars going back and forth. It works with Q bars if there is a space restriction but if you have available space add the themed Q and make a buildup for the ride.

^There's a little of both in Verbolten's queue. The park has installed a new entrance for the ride, which features a short, winding walkway. But remember that they're reusing an existing building, which they've also extensively re-themed; even so, they have to work around the existing space.

It looks a lot different from the old Big Bad Wolf queue--and better.