TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

According to Facebook, BGW closed at 3:00 pm today due to the weather (as did KD). Not surprising. I drove back from Charlottesville today, and it's been pouring all up and down I-64 since 10:00 this morning. A very nasty storm, indeed.

Edited by cfc

Dear Theme Park Review,

Har har. We know how to make videos. This video was sent to us by a reader and was probably filmed with a cell phone. And the annoying music? Yeah, I think that was intentional. You're welcome.

By the way.. that picture did crack me up though. Thanks for that, Robb.

Love,

Behind the Thrills

Y'know, something just crossed my mind.

I was watching a video of Speed of Sound at Walibi, and it got me wondering about other coasters that would get those neat new trains from Vekoma.

Considering that a train from Arrow Dynamics (GASM, to be exact) can be fitted to a Vekoma looping coaster (Ninja at SFOG), is it possible for a new Vekoma train to be put on an old Arrow, specifically Loch Ness Monster? I know that Loch Ness Monster is one of Arrow's oldest looping coasters, and I'd bet that it would totally benefit from some new rolling stock.

If that hurt your feelings...well... *shrugs*

Constructive Criticism. Its usually never rainbows and unicorns. Usually it involves some sort of "you did this not so great, here's how you do it better" type of response.

And around here (and a lot of the world) usually some sort of sarcasm is involved. But Robb is right here, never should VIDEO be taken in portrait mode. Still pictures yes, Video, no.

^^ Though it would be nice to have nice new trains, its not really necessary when the park owns four Arrow trains (three original trains and one from python) in great condition. The ride really isn't rough enough to really need the restraints. Anyway, I like that pop of airtime after the first loop that the current restraints allow

If that hurt your feelings...well... *shrugs*

Constructive Criticism. Its usually never rainbows and unicorns. Usually it involves some sort of "you did this not so great, here's how you do it better" type of response.

And around here (and a lot of the world) usually some sort of sarcasm is involved. But Robb is right here, never should VIDEO be taken in portrait mode. Still pictures yes, Video, no.

I'm not saying it could hurt your feelings about that but you can say it instead of being a smart ass and making/ finding a photo to tell you. Also you could just tell them instead of posting into a forum thats NOT behindthethrills. You could just do it over a private email. It just dampins the mood of how that person looked at it.

This is the Busch Gardens thread also I have to say and this "incident" was at Busch Gardens. Also for BGWfans; for ya'll saying that there trying to find anything to talk about. The site's name is BGWfans as in Busch Gardens dicks. That means the site is dedicated to stuff that happens at Busch Gardens and guess what happened at Busch Gardens, Verbolten's yellow train ran into a winch truck damaging the train and slightly injuring the driver. BGWfans is the place to report something like that. And since that happened it was reported via bgwfans.

Since this topic is about Busch Gardens, then where are you going to find out all of this stuff. I can almost guarntee if it wasn't for BGWfans, then none of TPR would have seen the Verbolten plans or even knew about Verbolten before the park had announced it.

Have fun reporting!

^^^I thought of KD doing that with Anaconda as well. The rides are both rough, and when rides are rough, the popularity usually goes down. So using the fancy new Vekoma restraints, could keep the rides standing for even longer.

I would imagine Kings Dominion might remove Anaconda before they replace the trains.

Busch Gardens, on the other hand - I could definitely see them replacing the trains in the future. And even while Nessie isn't the most popular ride in the park anymore, it does get a good line on crowded days considering how "old" and "rough" it is. So I wouldn't say that new trains are necessary just yet, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see new trains fitted to it at some point to extend its enjoyability and shelf life! Though I wonder if it would be Vekoma manufacturing them or that other company (it starts with a K?) that designed their own new trains for old Vekomas?

I'm not saying it could hurt your feelings about that but you can say it instead of being a smart A$$ and making/ finding a photo to tell you. Also you could just tell them instead of posting into a forum thats NOT blockedsite. You could just do it over a private email. It just dampins the mood of how that person looked at it.

Stop getting butthurt over things on the internet and get a sense of humor.

This is the Busch Gardens thread also I have to say and this "incident" was at Busch Gardens. Also for BGWfans; for ya'll saying that there trying to find anything to talk about. The site's name is BGWfans as in Busch Gardens fans. That means the site is dedicated to stuff that happens at Busch Gardens and guess what happened at Busch Gardens, Verbolten's yellow train ran into a winch truck damaging the train and slightly injuring the driver. BGWfans is the place to report something like that. And since that happened it was reported via bgwfans.

Tell them to do some real, actual fact checking and confirming what sources are saying (and by confirming I mean NOT posting hearsay rumors) before making themselves look like jackasses. Because there's a MASSIVE difference between a minor incident in which the train still rolls well enough to get back to the station, the ride is still in plenty good enough shape to make test runs, and a man received minor injuries, as opposed to yellow train is destroyed, a support and possibly track are damaged to the point they need to be replaced, and a man got 37 stitches in his skull and had shattered vertebrae. Do you not see the need to fact check there?

Since this topic is about Busch Gardens, then where are you going to find out all of this stuff. I can almost guarntee if it wasn't for BGWfans, then none of TPR would have seen the Verbolten plans or even knew about Verbolten before the park had announced it.

By my count, to this point, BGWFans has incorrectly reported that 1. the ride would be a 300-foot launched coaster 2. the name would NOT be Verbolten 3. this entire fiasco. Maybe their "sources" aren't as reliable as they think? And it's all information that we would have gotten eventually anyway, so don't think they're saving the coaster dork world by stealing confidential plans and illegally posting them on their site.

Evan the coaster tool has been banned for not understanding that sometimes, you just need to wipe, flush, and move on.

The rest of you carry on discussing BGW...

Thank you!

--Robb "I love it when the idiots weed themselves out of TPR! Good riddance!" Alvey

Oh, and this....

how_to_record_video.jpg.e752529078f1eabff8b9530715526f5e.jpg

I guarantee you the person who shot that Verbolten video portrait will now forever remember to turn his phone sideways. You're welcome! =)

Edited by robbalvey

^I don't remember that being spelled out during the hard hat tour, but I was thinking the same thing. BGW has a "mixed" history with face characters, though.

Edited by cfc

If there were to be steering wheels, I'd expect them to put one on each car of the train. What's the point if only 2 people can see it? Also, the idea seems sort of useless- if the event building is supposed to be dark, why would they bother spinning the wheel when no one can see it? (Also, if it spins wildly, couldn't it potentially be a safety hazard?)

Does anyone know for certain if the bridge is going to be enclosed on the sides?

Just wondering if BGW can place video screens inside the bridge and have an effect like the scarab walls/ceiling in Revenge of the Mummy, whereby the vines engulf the tunnel.

Probably, just a pipe dream, but it would make a nice effect.