TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Is there really a need to keep a room spotless when so few people will see the room lit up? It's not like people are going to be eating in such a dusty environment.

Thanks for the photos of the tour Chuck. I put a few in the Park Index, if you have others that you think should be included please add them.

Edited by larrygator

Is there really a need to keep a room spotless when so few people will see the room lit up? It's not like people are going to be eating in such a dusty environment.

Ummm, Larry- never go into my guest room. Neurosurgeons could perform major miracles there. Bacteriologists are still amazed- and yes, the sheets are also ironed.

Chuck- these updates are phenomenal in every way. While a part of me still is sad that red track is no longer a part of the site, seeing the heavy-duty detail that BGW is putting into Verbolten takes the sting away. Keeping with tradition of having the howling wolf and licence plates is a good payback to BBW.

Maybe this has already been stated somewhere else...but is this ride the first of its kind? Also, someone had mentioned that the coaster has 5 trains. How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.

How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.

Edited by cfc

Didn't the Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain open with 5 trains? I still remember waiting over 4 hours to ride it on opening weekend.

In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf, Amen. Praise be to Anton.

Revolution was delivered with six trains- and five were operated during the first 6 seasons. Two trains were originally used as 'donor' trains for parts, and are now 'scrapped' as such. Revolution now has four trains- three on the track, a fourth in storage, of which two are used at any given time.

Schwarzkopf intended for Revolution to run with six trains- but even with the best operations, that would have resulted in a staff ready to revolt- unless they had used the platform as originally intended- with two station start-stop mode (thus the 'second' room on the platform). He had designed the ride to run like a European fair coaster - but Magic Mountain never operated it as such.

Go in peace, Ride a Schwarzkopf.

R.D.

I'm looking forward to seeing how BGW runs Verbolten. They're pretty good about running three trains per coaster on busy days (and single-train operations are very rare).

If the trains don't need seatbelts, then I can see fast and smooth operations with multiple trains. I mean, 18 people per train isn't that hard to check when you only have to pull a single lap bar, is it?

^ Ohhh, those darn seatbelts. If it weren't for seatbelts on Phantom's Revenge, we could have such better dispatch times. It would also help if 1/4 of every train didn't say they "didn't know" about the seatbelts when there are multiple large signs and a spiel indicating such.

Anyways, end of my rant.... back to BGW / Verbolten.

I've already forewarned my family that I'm taking a day trip here on our Virginia Beach vacation this summer, but I'm currently in the process of trying to turn it into a full family event. Verbolten is becoming excellent leverage for the kid in our family who just passed the 48" mark this winter.

And for the thrill seeking cousins.

And to a lesser extent, for the tamer, soak-in-the-atmosphere-and-charm parents.

So basically, it's shaping up to be a winner in every sense. This thing looks so cool.

The park is adding a new show to the mix replacing This is Oktoberfest.

BUSCH GARDENS TO DEBUT NEW FESTHAUS SHOW

Entwined: Tales of Good & Grimm Brings Classic Fairy Tales To Life

WILLIAMSBURG, VA (March 8, 2012) – Busch Gardens delves deep into Bavarian folk lore in a new musical stage production debuting at Das Festhaus on March 24. Entwined: Tales of Good & Grimm transforms the park's 2,000-seat restaurant into a forest wonderland where fairy tales come to life.

Inspired by classic Grimm fairy tales and set to a score recorded by a 40-piece orchestra, Vice President of Entertainment Scott Gasparich produced a family-friendly musical production that plays on Bavaria's rich story-telling heritage. Entwined features elaborately costumed characters, singers, dancers and even acrobats that tell the tales of Hansel and Gretel and Little Red Riding Hood. A dancing chorus line of gingerbread men, Goldilocks with her three bears and a host of other fairy tale characters make cameo appearances in this Busch Gardens fairy tale with a twist.

"We all remember these stories from our childhood," Gasparich said. "The fantasy world we created here at Busch Gardens brings our version of these beloved stories to life."

Gasparich anticipates Entwined will join Celtic Fyre and other park-produced shows as fan favorites that combine uncompromising production standards with storylines appropriate for the entire family.

"Entwined really is about digging deep within yourself to reach your goals. It reminds you that anything is possible once upon a time," Gasparich said.

The creative team behind Entwined has made some significant changes to Das Festhaus to enhance the show experience. Das Festhaus' original stage has been replaced with a modern performance space that incorporates moving scenery, theatrical lighting and other special effects. Façades of Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house, Red Riding Hood's cottage and a fairy tale castle are blended in with the traditional Bavarian-style architectural designs and landscapes that line the restaurant's interior walls.

Other subtle additions that play on the show's theme include the addition of hand-made gingerbread men and gumdrop cupcakes to the Festhaus menu. The show's forest-inspired theme also complements Busch Gardens' newest roller coaster, Verbolten ℠ , which opens later this spring.

Entwined replaces the park's long-running This is Oktoberfest show, which ended its 35-year run at the end of Busch Gardens regular 2011 season. Gasparich said Entwined is Busch Gardens' response to guests asking for fresh programming.

Live Oompah-style musical performances remain a part of the Busch Gardens experience with seasonal performances performed outside Das Festhaus.

Clicky

Link from BGWFans

The park brochure at the beginning of the season said the show was gonna be called "Roll out the Barrel". My guess is that this is either a last minute change or a misprint.

1484179684_3-9-201211-35-42AM.jpg.e4e7a33641d72643975e69c4d3ba8dbe.jpg

That orange costume...

Firestorm from "This Is Oktoberfest" fans to commence in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . .

They really have made some interesting enhancements to Oktoberfest over the last couple of years, and linking the new show to Verbolten is a good idea.