TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Well its more suitable for being labelled as an extreme thrill ride than a certain UK coaster...

I'd say its in that grey area between family and thrill ride. So its a family thrill ride.

That is exactly right. Verbolten, like Cheetah Hunt, is being marketed as an "extreme family coaster". It is exactly what BGW needs to replace BBW.

Great photo trip reports! The storyline is pretty good especially the stereotypical German name: "Gunter".

The only problem with the coaster is I wish the track was a bit lighter in color as the current gray doesn't go well with the teal supports (which I really like).

Also, the dark ride portion seems to be phenomenal. When you go inside the building, it seems larger inside than the outside.

^^I'm fine with the gray track, myself--the choice of color may have something to do with theming and landscaping the park has planned for the rest of the ride.

^There were work lights on in the show building; even then, parts of the structure were still pretty dark.

^I get the feeling he was being sarcastic, saying that the Wild Eagle theme is more more "compelling and rich" than the fully immersive background and theme you posted with your update. Which, clearly, an eagle can never really live up to, hence his sarcasm.

Indeed. But even if I wasn't:

-or-

Chuck, awesome stuff! This coaster is looking fantastic. I was doubtful if Busch Gardens would theme to the extent of Dark Castle again, but wow, are they ever on track to meeting and even exceeded those standards.

I think a return trip to Busch Gardens, along with Pierce's Pitt, is a must

I have to say one thing: riding Verbolten could make you forget how great a ride the old BIG BAD WOLF really was. One more thing to say: it's nice they were able to savage and reuse the river drop element because that element is very scenic for photograph takers everywhere.

"And I have one thing to say: please come to bed."

@JAMMYD778 Nice! I think that's a fairly accurate prediction based on what we've seen so far. The show building is going to be a real surprise. In seeing this, and putting that together in my head of what we've seen that is actually going in there it's gonna be amazing! I can't wait for this ride to open!

I am wondering if there will be any effects in the bridge structure? Did they mention anything about that on the Tour? Or is it just going to be a broken down bridge structure?

They didn't provide any specifics on any effects in the building or on the bridge. I'm very curious to see what the bridge will look like when it's finished. There may be a few hints in this concept artwork.

verbolten15-tpr.jpg

^Yeah, I read that. It implies that there will be some sort of "thing" that happens in there. I wonder if that break will briefly hold the train over the edge before letting it go. That would be interesting. Plus, it would have a great pop of ejector air for those in the back seat.

^ The sound of squealing brakes would be great, along with some type of caution barrier that you would "break" through, kind of like what's shown in that concept art. You know, something that would open at the last second to let the train through (Similar to what Blue Fire has). I assume they will have the caution sign, but I think having it in front of you and it opening at the last second, instead of just being overhead, would be awesome!

I get the impression from the artwork that the trees of the Black Forest are somehow responsible for wrecking the bridge--like they've pulled it apart.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the great update! It's fair to say my interest level went from "Oh, that's nice, BGW is building something new" to "Wow! This is really cool looking, and what a bold, exciting new step for Busch to take on a coaster!"

So, clearly BGW and TPR can both say Mission Accomplished.

This really is a fascinating and undoubtedly unique ride!

Somehow, I missed these tour reports from last week. The back story is awesome, the shots inside the Forest building are spine-tingling, the whole thing is looking fantastic.

Is there anyone left who thinks this won't suffice as a more-than-worthy replacement for BBW?

[crickets chirping]

What's up with indoor ride buildings being so dang dusty, even when brand new? I've been on two tours inside Flight of Fear's "spaghetti bowl" and everything in there except the wheel paths on the rails are absolutely caked in dust.

What's up with indoor ride buildings being so dang dusty, even when brand new? I've been on two tours inside Flight of Fear's "spaghetti bowl" and everything in there except the wheel paths on the rails are absolutely caked in dust.

I assume for FOF at least, that must be the skin cells that the high speed ride whisked off of the guests