TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^They are operating Alpengeist and Mach Tower (as a drop tower).

Get a Santa-eye view of the 5 million twinkling lights at Busch Gardens’ Christmas Town from the park’s newest thrill ride, Mäch Tower. Riders are lifted 240 feet above Oktoberfest and dropped at breathtaking speed. Busch Gardens’ holiday celebration has never been so thrilling.

Clicky

Here's a link to Alpengeist

Clicky

^They are operating Alpengeist and Mach Tower (as a drop tower).

Get a Santa-eye view of the 5 million twinkling lights at Busch Gardens’ Christmas Town from the park’s newest thrill ride, Mäch Tower. Riders are lifted 240 feet above Oktoberfest and dropped at breathtaking speed. Busch Gardens’ holiday celebration has never been so thrilling.

Clicky

Here's a link to Alpengeist

Clicky

I'm certain that I will never experience Alpengeist in 30 degree temperatures..

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of hitting Christmas Town. The first Sunday in December (the 4th) is the "traditional" evening for the Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg. So, you might want to factor that in if you're planning on attending both events. (GI Sunday actually might be a good night for Chirstmas Town as CW always draws a huge crowd for that event, which could mean ligher crowds at BGW.)

The Grand Illumination is also free to the public, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Edited by cfc

^Not completely true. There have been two cranes in the employee lot (as I noticed from Kingsmill and while passing the brewery) that make it look like they are transporting track to the site, and there is a crane looks like it definitely is at the Rhine spot (it is a little closer to the front of the park and a lot closer to Mach Tower than the other two at the building site - as I noted from taking the rt. 60 exit off of 64 today).

The park's closed until Christmastime, so I don't think we're going to see anything unless BGW posts pictures. It's hidden inside the park, and it's not like any part of it is going to be breaking the treeline.

The park opens next weekend!

It snuck up on me, too.

I'm planning to check out the progress on Verbolten during Christmas Town, too. I don't hold much hope of seeing much, but I did notice some big cranes peeking over the trees when I was in that part of town last weekend.

^The skyway "Flight of Lights" is nice--it's a round trip starting in the England station. The holiday food offerings, which are all over the park, are very good, too. If the line isn't too long, go ahead and see the penguins (they actually had a nice habitat for them last year).

The show in the Festhaus is like one of those corny TV specials from the 1970s, but well done (if you like that kind of stuff). There is a more "churchlike" show in Ireland, but they changed it this year, I think.

^True enough. But at least you can get a prime rib sandwich or a nice turkey dinner. The park is also offering a buffet with reserved seating for the Festhaus show for $35 (the buffet offering sound pretty good).

I mainly go for the overall holiday atmosphere--the park does a good job with their decorations and ambient music.

Edited by cfc

http://www.dailypress.com/news/york-county/dp-nws-york-water-country-1119-20111118,0,1508367.story

The Board of Supervisors Wednesday unanimously approved an application from Water Country USA to amend its master plan for expansion that was originally issued in 1996.

The original plan called for a total of 65 acres of attractions.

There is currently 41 acres of attractions at the water park. The new master plan calls for an addition of 43 more acres of attractions in five phases.

No one from Water Country spoke at the public hearing and no details were presented on a timeline for any expansion or what kind of new attractions may be built.

The supervisors also approved an agreement between York County, Newport News and the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation for a water project that would extend a water line from Hubbard Lane to Mooretown Road.

Colonial Williamsburg, which is seeking to extend water to property it owns on Bypass Road, will provide partially designed plans and a contribution of up to $125,000.

A 5.5-mile water line will provide water to around 400 customers, including homes and businesses that are currently on an aging well system that is operating at around 50 percent of its capacity.

Hey Behind the Thrills has posted an article about Christmas Town!

It says:

Christmastown has added “Polar Pathway” to the mix, which is simply a pathway. Only they’ve converted Escape from Pompeii and covered it completely with thousands of lights.

Polar Pathway – Not really an attraction. It is the pathway around Pompeii decorated with polar bears, polar bear benches, icebergs, and trees. The main feature of this attraction is Pompeii, which is completely covered in bright white lights, the splash pools are covered in blue lights that have a water wave effect. The blue light also go up the lift hill into the ride. There is no walking into any special attraction. Also, the Pompeii Gift Shop is now a photo booth for you to take pictures with Shivers, the polar bear, or play a game where you pick a present and win the prize inside the box for $5.

Which by the picture they posted, looks interesting. I mean I am disappointed it isn't more, but with how Pompeii looks, I think that would just be fine.

Then there is Gloria!

Gloria! – A mix of old songs but new twists that make the show amazing. This show is the most technical show ever produced by the park and is mainly a technical wonder. The stage has been replaced with moving platforms. That mixed with wonderful imagery and lighting make an excellent show.

That sounds like this show is a must see when visiting.

Finally, they have a picture saying, "Your present is our future." With the Verbolten logo gift wrapped.

Also, here is a little spoiler (sorta) Verbolten's track is going to be green. Not a cartoony bright green. More of a pine tree green. More like this.

Here is the picture *Spoiler*

308234873_CT11009.thumb.JPG.56d0867d2aed3c3d5f6b77cfd7021bfb.JPG

Pompeii in Polar Pathway

Hey Behind the Thrills has posted an article about Christmas Town!

It says:

Christmastown has added “Polar Pathway” to the mix, which is simply a pathway. Only they’ve converted Escape from Pompeii and covered it completely with thousands of lights.

Polar Pathway – Not really an attraction. It is the pathway around Pompeii decorated with polar bears, polar bear benches, icebergs, and trees. The main feature of this attraction is Pompeii, which is completely covered in bright white lights, the splash pools are covered in blue lights that have a water wave effect. The blue light also go up the lift hill into the ride. There is no walking into any special attraction. Also, the Pompeii Gift Shop is now a photo booth for you to take pictures with Shivers, the polar bear, or play a game where you pick a present and win the prize inside the box for $5.

Which by the picture they posted, looks interesting. I mean I am disappointed it isn't more, but with how Pompeii looks, I think that would just be fine.

Then there is Gloria!

Gloria! – A mix of old songs but new twists that make the show amazing. This show is the most technical show ever produced by the park and is mainly a technical wonder. The stage has been replaced with moving platforms. That mixed with wonderful imagery and lighting make an excellent show.

That sounds like this show is a must see when visiting.

Finally, they have a picture saying, "Your present is our future." With the Verbolten logo gift wrapped.

Also, here is a little spoiler (sorta) Verbolten's track is going to be green. Not a cartoony bright green. More of a pine tree green. More like this.

Here is the picture *Spoiler*

387174496_CT11009.thumb.JPG.ff53ae72a686e895466ad9820813d2d2.JPG

Pompeii in Polar Pathway