TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Well if the track is black, then the eyes will naturally look at the "show". Green would look nice through those trees, so im thinking green outside, black inside.

That is what I was thinking too. You don't want the track to stand out when you are in the show building. It could possible be a different color outside to blend.

The actual even building structure is going to be massive!

And when it come to the outdoor track color, I noticed that the indoor track section ended right where it will go go outdoors, my guess is that track is not on site yet or footers near by are not complete. If I were to guess where the next track will go in, it would be in the station.

here is a tentative schedule that was 'leaked'

The sfx building (building 80) foundation 5/31/11, floor slab 6/16/11, building erection 10/25/11 so we have to wait until Hollowscream to see the building. This building is slam full of stuff, lights, sounds, effects.

The station; selective demo 6/28/11, station reconstruction 9/7/11, theming 11/30/11. The theming is really nice.

The ride; ride fabrication 5/2/11, (where does Zierer build their track? Zierer is the manufacturer) deliver event building track 9/26/11, ride install inside sfx building 9/27/11, deliver remaining track 11/1/11, ride install outside 11/2/11, deliver 1st train 12/15/11, deliver remaining trains 1/16/12, startup and test 2/9/12. The schedule is very aggressive and the intent is to have the ride ready for opening day.

According to this we won't see any more track erection until after 11/1/11. And it also says building erection starts Tuesday. Let's see how quick it goes up....

I'll definitely check this out for myself this weekend. Verbolten is coming along nicely. I'm glad that BGW is taking a different tack than BGT did with Cheetah Hunt (which is a great ride, by the way). The dark-ride section is intriguing (the track layout looks great).

I'll definitely check this out for myself this weekend. Verbolten is coming along nicely. I'm glad that BGW is taking a different tack than BGT did with Cheetah Hunt (which is a great ride, by the way). The dark-ride section is intriguing (the track layout looks great).

I agree, I like the idea of the two parks having two totally different coaster experiences. Not that I don't love having SheiKra and Griffon, I just prefer the parks coming up with something a little more than an extra immelmann.

I agree, I like the idea of the two parks having two totally different coaster experiences. Not that I don't love having SheiKra and Griffon, I just prefer the parks coming up with something a little more than an extra immelmann.

Personally I think Busch shouldve built the first giga diver.

Hey Guys! First post If you guys haven't done so already head to the Facebook page and vote on the license plate for Verbolten's car. So far the winning one is W0LFXNG (Wolf-crossing). Also, BGEscape has added more pics of Verbolten...just a few more angles

Edited by bgjames

I really think each car should have their own license plates instead of all the cars having the same one.

So far I'm totally loving the indoor portion's layout. Can't wait for Christmas Town to take effect later this year. We'll hopefully get a better look at the building and the final drop by then.

Next year's gonna be a huge year for VA parks.

^ Not really.

Rock n' Roller Coaster has individualized plates for each of their cars. Plus, I'm pretty sure most places require drivers to use different plates for different cars anyway.

Actually Rock N Roller Coaster has one plate one the front car, and one on the back car. Its a super stretch limo, not multiple limos. I know because Ive been on it, and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith calls in for a super stretch limo for the fans (people waiting in line) to take them to "the Forum".

Just to clear things up I think one was referring to "car" as one car of a coaster train. The other was referring to "car" as the entire themed train. As in the difference between the Italian job trains (each car of the train is one car with a license plate) and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster trains (each train is one long "car," with each train having a separate license plate.)

Anyway, this ride is looking like it will be ridiculous amounts of fun. I am not going to tell my sisters about the drop track just so they can be surprised (and I normally would tell them)...I told my dad because I was bursting to tell someone. I know I'm such a coaster nerd...