TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Blitzen-Volt

Well actually when researching the name BGW had several they wanted to chose from, I now give to you the EXCLUSIVE list of alternative names for the ride-

-Dasher

-Dancer

-Prancer

-Vixen

-Comet

-Cupid

-Donner

But in the end it was decided to go with Blitzen.

THE END!

Actually it's Donder, not Donner. Donder means thunder in German. Same goes for Blitzen, which means lightning. Perhaps we will actually see a ride one day with Donder in its name at BGW.

Well...what are going to be the many firsts? We only have one (Drop track), and BGW said "many". Fastest in the park? Not likely. We're missing something, and it's something big. BGW wouldn't wimp out and just say "First drop track in America, first drop track in BGW, first multi-launching coaster with a drop track", I think they mean what they say when it comes to "Many firsts."

^ The "drop track" is one of many possible elements involved with the new coaster. At this point the other elements are still a total secret.

As for the new name, I'm not the biggest fan of Blitzen-Volt, but we'll see. Hopefully BGW's using a better name for the ride. Volt-Blitzen sounds better. Or Blitz-Bolt, but they should just stick with Verbolten.

Random question - are all the rides (especially the coasters) open during all of October? I know the park is open, I was just curious as to if they had everything still running... Thinking about a last minute trip.

Also, how crowded does it get at that time? Can it be done in one visit?

Random question - are all the rides (especially the coasters) open during all of October? I know the park is open, I was just curious as to if they had everything still running... Thinking about a last minute trip.

Yes, all the rides are open in October.

Also, how crowded does it get at that time? Can it be done in one visit?

You can do the park in one visit but keep in mind that nights can get very crowded as Howl-O-Scream draws a ton of people to the park. Your best bet would be going on a Friday or Sunday and get there early so you can ride all the rides before the Howl-O-Scream crowd starts to filter in during the early evening hours. Saturday is extremely busy in October as the park tends to reach capacity in the late afternoon.

Thank you! Was thinking of maybe hitting up BGW and KD over the course a few days, but because of their limited schedules and Halloween stuff going on, I don't know if it's going to be worth it...

I've been dying to get to BGW because I haven't been since Drachen Fire was there... I haven't ridden Apollo, Alpengeist, or Griffin. I've also never been to KD so thought it'd be a good add-on (even if only for Intimidator).

Blitzen-Volt

Well actually when researching the name BGW had several they wanted to chose from, I now give to you the EXCLUSIVE list of alternative names for the ride-

-Dasher

-Dancer

-Prancer

-Vixen

-Comet

-Cupid

-Donner

But in the end it was decided to go with Blitzen.

THE END!

Actually it's Donder, not Donner. Donder means thunder in German. Same goes for Blitzen, which means lightning. Perhaps we will actually see a ride one day with Donder in its name at BGW.

Um.. Actually The SETGO Guys is right, thunder is Donner in German. And although lightning would translate into Blitz (without -en), the name Blitzen-Volt sounds like complete nonsense to me as a native German speaker (same with Mäch Tower).

However, apart from the name the coaster is quite interesting- it's small, but I think it will be a very enjoyable and re-ridable experience. I also think that 80kph is much more realistic than 80mph as the layout seems to be rather tight and Busch Gardens is usually quite accurate with their theming, and in Germany nobody would ever specify speed in mph