TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I don't find the coaster posted in that video appealing either, that doesn't mean I won't like BGW new coaster. Especially since BGW will have a cool theme, dark ride sections, nice drop down by the river none of which the coaster in that video has.

Yes, I think basing an opinion on BGW's new ride based on a ride in a video that will, most likely, be almost nothing like Verbolten is a mistake.

All are entitled to their opinion--but no flame wars, please.

For those of you that don't think that this will be thrilling look at this:

This...is another zeirer coaster of the same model verbolten will be.

And it will be family friendly and not top notch, top ten thrilling because it has a job. To fill a void made empty by the removal of BBW. If this ride is as thrilling as some people want it, then first timers coming to the park will have to jump the thrill level gap from grovers alpine express to lochness monster. That is the gap BBW filled when it was still around, verbolten must fill the same gap and add enough thrill so the thrill seekers wouldn't be left out.

That is a tough assignment that BGW has to accomplish, so those of you complaining early think about this task at hand, then model your opinion.

EDIT: I also agree with skycoastin steve that you have to WAIT and RIDE to formulate a final thought about the ride. I mean it hasn't even been formally announced yet and people are already complaining! Is it me or do people in Virginia seem to bitch more than anywhere else.(I 305: bitching about everything even though you have a top ten coaster.)

-Peter "shut up until it is announced" Petri

Im sorry but this does not look appealing to me at all...

DID YOU NOT READ THE FINAL STATEMENT, LET ALONE THE PART WITH THE "GAP THAT NEEDS TO BE FILLED"! Besides crossbow is Robb approved!

^Sigh . . . what did I just say again?

Yes, I think basing an opinion on BGW's new ride based on a ride in a video that will, most likely, be almost nothing like Verbolten is a mistake.

All are entitled to their opinion--but no flame wars, please.

Everyone cool off--thank you.

The new ESC systems that Zierer is introducing full-scale to BGW is (In my opinion) amazing to say the very least. In all reality, I think it's going to be the key to making Zierer go from family coasters into the big leagues with Mack, Intamin and B&M for large-scale projects- not just a handful of family coasters annualy. It's like Wicked at Lagoon had a love child with CrossBow- and BOOM: Zierer hits one out of the park.

Crossbow looks like an okay ride. Fun, but not too thrilling!

But I'm really looking forward to Verbolten, especially because this is a coaster the park desperately needs.

- Complaining that this coaster isn't gonna be a Cheetah Hunt is kinda pointless because both coasters are similar in the sense that both are family coasters.

- Complaining that this coaster doesn't look like the next Griffon or Apollo is pointless because it's meant to cater to families.

- Complaining that the coaster isn't built by *insert manufacturer here* is pointless because Zierer has proven that it can build solid thrill coasters in the past (Wicked @ Lagoon).

Would the park do well with a woodie like Evel Knievel or Wooden Warrior? Hell yes, but Verbolten is gonna fill the position that those two coasters filled as a family coaster that caters to everyone. Would the park do well with another Griffon? Maybe, but the park is already building a thrill ride this year (a desperately needed flat ride) on top of Vanish Point at Water Country.

Mach Tower employee preview is today! I've been waiting months for this.

Mach Tower Ride Time for employees is this morning, so if ll goes well we can see it opening this weekend with a media event but we could see something before then or since its so close to the weekend already Friday could be big.

Also, as far as judging anything goes; he was judging the concept art and not the coaster, or was trying to. A coaster should be judged by multiple ride experiences and nothing more.

So yeah and expect to see a "freak show" like maze in Festa, I know i was announced and all, but it really is going to be more of a freak show than what people were saying with clowns and fairs. I think we could see the first ever "man-eating chicken". Also, I am assuming the Howl-o-Scream trailer trucks rolled up here since there are four of them sitting next to the Festhaus, probably fixing Bitten up.

Really looking forward to Verbolten! Regardless of what ride system goes into the old BBW site, a huge part of the charm of BBW was its setting. This should be a great replacement. If Mack can build something great like Blue Fire I'm sure Zierer can up their small family coasters into a large scale attraction that meets Busch standards, ignoring that Drachen Fire thingy

Can't wait to hear about Mach Tower! I'll probably too chicken to ride it but really interested to hear what happens up at top.

^ From what I've heard (from one of the guys in front of Mach Tower - no more 2 weeks ), Mach Tower will be up and running for the public tomorrow or Friday. He confirmed the employee ride time for today (this was yesterday) and said they will open it a day or two after the employees ride it. He also said that the maintenance crews have been able to ride it every so often (which was confirmed when I saw one person riding it). So I will definitely be at Busch on Friday, very hopeful for a MT opening.

New Scare Zone: Unleashed

The full moon looms. The fog creeps closer. And somewhere in the distance, a creature howls. There are werewolves on the prowl, and they’re coming nearer—hunting for unsuspecting human prey. So listen for the rustle of dry leaves in the bushes, and beware the creepy cry that pierces the darkness. It may be your only warning in this scare zone, where you’ll discover what happens when true fear is Unleashed.

Unleashed2_(2).png.60ba4b91d4c997cbf92d9d010862a4f8.png

Logo for Scare Zone

Unleashed actually looks (excuse my french) bad @$$ from everything else we have seen so far. It has me really up-ing my expectations. That will be the one time I actually say that so please don't get riled up about it or give me a lecture. Anyways, the traditional string of white/yellow carnival light s are strung around the place behind Roman Rapids. Theming should be awesome, I hope to get a good look of it soon.

Does anyone know what they could possibly have four semi-trucks sitting around for all of the sudden? Could it be for storage for a haunted house or something else?

According to some people over at bgwfans.com, Mach Tower might actually be open today. There is a very good chance being that the construction walls were taken down last night. Supposedly. Someone is going to confirm or deny this later on bgwfans.com. Or you can just go to the park yourself yesterday and possibly ride for yourself!